*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,356,868 Views | 27152 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Sea Speed
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Bruce Almighty said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Isn't the new season of dare-devil out on netflix today?
Yes its out

Anyone know if I will have had to have watched the Defenders first?

I've seen the first two seasons of Daredevil but couldn't get through two episodes of the Defenders before I got bored.

Nope, just watch the very last episode of The Defenders to see what happens to Daredevil and Elektra. Otherwise you might be a little confused by how Season 3 starts.
redline248
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Bruce Almighty said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Isn't the new season of dare-devil out on netflix today?
Yes its out

Anyone know if I will have had to have watched the Defenders first?

I've seen the first two seasons of Daredevil but couldn't get through two episodes of the Defenders before I got bored.

I personally think you'll want to watch it. I'm sure there is some fallout on the character.

The post above mine is probably a fine suggestion, too
AggieDPT
AG
Well Luke Cage is now canceled too. Jessica Jones is probably next
FL_Ag1998
AG
AggieDPT said:

Honestly, the only one of the Netflix Marvel shows worth a damn is Daredevil.
TajMaballer
AG
And if I'm being honest, the best part of that series has been Fisk and Punisher.
swimmerbabe11
I'm so sad about LC season 3.

I really want to see JJ and LC together kicking butt
PatAg
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

AggieDPT said:

Honestly, the only one of the Netflix Marvel shows worth a damn is Daredevil.
and the first season of Jessica Jones with David Tennant carrying the show as the villain
YouBet
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We need an alternate universe. Something big happens in it and brings in mutants to the current one we all know in love. Some mutants are already established (Wolverine, Prof X, Mag) but they also bring the x gene to this universe. We start to get teenagers turning to mutants. This starts up a recruitment war between Prof X and Mag. It leads to a great war between X-Men & Avengers vs Mutants that want to destroy mankind.

Was going to say this. Could easily play this off by simply having the snap cause an interdemensional event pulling mutants and the X Gene into this current universe where they haven't existed or only in tiny numbers (eg Scarlet Witch and brother).

Hell, the entire Marvel verse and DC have aleady done this in the comics and the Fox X-Men movies did this as well with Wolverine. Both properties have multiple characters that cross back and forth already. You could go so far as to say the Fox properties and Disney properties were alternate universes and now they are combined if you even wanted to retain some of the same actors although that wouldn't be necessary.

This is actually the most logical and clean way to do tbis from a comics perspective.
rhutton125
AG
Wow, I'm shocked about LC bring cancelled. They were openly talking about season 3.

What's even more bizarre is that Jessica Jones instantly got a third season, even though its S2 was (IMO) clearly inferior to LC or IF's second seasons. The ratings couldn't have been that different. Maybe the production costs were?

I feel like either they're definitely making Heroes for Hire (great) or they're definitely moving to the Disney service (fine). If it's neither, I'm legitimately shocked and disappointed.
TexasAggie_02
AG
They're filming Jessica Jones right now, so I'd guess it all depends on how this season goes
Bruce Almighty
AG
There's a spoiler to Daredevil season 3 in the link, but there's a possible connection to the X-Men universe in the show.

Daredevill / X-Men connection?
MooreTrucker
AG
I thought Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in this universe were due to "experimentation" rather than X-gene...
YouBet
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I thought Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in this universe were due to "experimentation" rather than X-gene...
Maybe so but I don't remember. However, I thought I remember them being referred to as mutants...just by another name since Fox "owned" the mutant term/concept.
PatAg
AG
Somehow Twitter seems to think the show is cancelled because it features people of color. I tend to think it's because the shows were mediocre at best.
I'd be interested to see them in a show together, but it will need to have better writing.
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

MooreTrucker said:

Maybe so but I don't remember. However, I thought I remember them being referred to as mutants...just by another name since Fox "owned" the mutant term/concept.

They just call them "enhanced"
fig96
AG
YouBet said:

MooreTrucker said:

Nope, they had to clearly differentiate (since they're in a weird gray area between the Avengers and X-Men). They were the results of experiments by Hydra, Easter egg scene at the end of one of the earlier films.
TajMaballer
AG
In the post credit scene of The Winter Soldier, Baron Von Strucker refer to them as "miracles"
Sex Panther
AG
PatAg said:

Somehow Twitter seems to think the show is cancelled because it features people of color.

Of course they do...

Iron Fist and Luke Cage are absolutely terrible. JJ probably gets one more season and then done. She's a pretty interesting character, but God season 2 was boring and so cheesy. Anytime she fought or did something super hero-ish, it was laughable. Watching her stop a car or do some jump, and the way they would cut to her landing was cringe worthy. Krysten Ritter is so obviously unathletic and uncoordinated and they don't have the budget I guess to pull anything off.

Season 1 was really good because of Kilgrave. Maybe they'll just figure out a way to bring him back.

I think there is a lot of potential for well done Marvel tv properties, but the Netflix iterations were largely forgettable. DD is the only one really worth a damn. Punisher is ok, but has the same issues as all the rest. And lets be honest, Bernthal isn't playing the Punisher.

Hopefully Watchmen on HBO is amazing, and Marvel gets inspired to try again a little harder next time.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
TajMaballer
AG

She was great in Love, Simon. If I had to guess what role, I'd say Kate Bishop.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TajMaballer said:

My first thought was that Bishop would be too unknown to suddenly throw in this universe, but on second thought, yeah, it makes sense...a way to keep "Hawkeye" around without Renner or recasting him.
TajMaballer
AG
Unknown characters as a reason to not put a character in a movie went out the window for MCU characters when Guardians came out and became household names.
fig96
AG
TajMaballer said:

I would watch a Fraction Hawkeye film all day.

And she does totally look like Kate.
jeffk
AG
Finally got to see Ant-Man and The Wasp last night. Loved it! Just the characters and tone of the film were a lot of fun. Pena killed every scene he was in and the effects - especially the multiple chase scenes were awesome.

That post-credit scene though. Talk about unfortunate timing.
redline248
AG
Daredevil season 3 was really good.
Madmarttigan
AG
redline248 said:

Daredevil season 3 was really good.

I would possibly argue that Daredevil and Punisher series are the best things that marvel has put out to date. Although I'm more impartial towards darker comic book storylines like the Bale Batman movies versus the usual marvel make light of everything type style.
Formerly tv1113
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jeffk said:

Finally got to see Ant-Man and The Wasp last night. Loved it! Just the characters and tone of the film were a lot of fun. Pena killed every scene he was in and the effects - especially the multiple chase scenes were awesome.

That post-credit scene though. Talk about unfortunate timing.
I think that post-credit scene was perfect. The tone of this movie was light-hearted and fun with a lot of humor. Good time at the movie, which coming after the heavy-handed doom and gloom of Infinity War, was a breath of fresh air. They did so well with AM/W that they made me completely forget IW - and then BAM! The post-credit scene brought me back to the reality of this overall series in an instant.
jeffk
AG
Completely agree. Noticed they went back to the IW-style white text on black background credits after the cut-scene too. Oriented the film with the rest of the universe very quickly.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I read an interesting Avengers 4 time travel theory.

Before the main theory, there's a couple of theories about how time travel may work:
  • Either strange sent the timestone into the future while they were fighting Thanos on Titan for the snap survivors to use (and then send back to Strange when done)
  • Or, they end up using a Time Vortex in the Quantum Realm

Anyways, the theory is that during the battle of New York (Avengers 1), they basically have a known location of Thanos sans gauntlet (through the wormhole). If they can get back to 2012 and get through the wormhole without interfering with the rest of the timeline, the OG Avengers can take the fight to an unpowered Thanos. This could also lead to Tony's vision from Age of Ultron coming true (all of the Avengers dead on the stone steps in space).

If they could pull it off without altering the actual battle with their past selves, the rest of the MCU timeline (at least on Earth) would play out the same (dark world, ultron, civil war, etc).

The only problem i would see is that Thanos plays heavily into GOTG. It is possible that Ronin has already been tasked with finding the Power Stone, and since we know that he ends up betraying Thanos anyways, that story should mostly remain intact.
rhutton125
AG
Cool theory. It also assumes that the Russos are beholden to Tony's vision to some extent, though, and I kinda doubt anyone after Whedon has had to adhere to any of that stuff.

But I think time travel is definitely the plot thread for A4! Very curious how it will all shake out.
Liquid Wrench
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/falcon-winter-soldier-limited-series-marvel-1203015438/

Quote:

Marvel heroes Falcon and Winter Soldier are teaming up for a potential limited series at the Disney streaming service.
Variety has learned exclusively that Malcolm Spellman has been tapped to write a series featuring the two superheroes, which is currently in development at the streamer. It is the first of the proposed Marvel limited series to find a writer.
Marvel and Disney declined to comment.

Quote:

News of the development comes after Variety exclusively reported that Marvel and Disney were prepping multiple limited series centered on characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe who had yet to appear in their own standalone films. At that time, it was reported that characters like Loki and Scarlet Witch would also be the subject of their own limited series. The series are expected to be six to eight episodes.
YouBet
AG
Don't care about Falcon but if it give us more Winter Soldier then I'm good!
rhutton125
AG
This was my idea for a Cap 4, so I'm definitely down. Bucky is my favorite MCU character.

That said, I wish they'd stop announcing this stuff. I'm getting flashbacks to Age of Ultron where all you had to do was think "who hasn't been confirmed for Civil War?" to realize that Quicksilver would die.
Madmarttigan
AG
Don't see it mentioned on here but looks like Luke Cage and Iron Fist got cancelled. I understand it as they are the weaker Netflix shows of the 5. They did make improvements in season 2 but I don't think they could recover from their first seasons.
Formerly tv1113
FL_Ag1998
AG
The show could very well be set pre-Infinity War.
rhutton125
AG
I really doubt it, at least for these two. Falcon looks for Bucky post-Winter Soldier and never finds him. They team up briefly in Civil War but Bucky ends that encased in ice. Then, Cap's Civil War crew is together until IW where they reunite with Bucky for 5 minutes.

Theoretically you could set it while Cap's team is on the run, but you'd have to explain where Cap and Widow are. Also, Bucky has one arm that whole time. Too many hoops, IMO.
First Page Last Page
Page 307 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.