*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,350,525 Views | 27145 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Albatross Necklace
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dromo07 said:

7?! holy crap her movie better knock it out the part
just b/c they are signed up for them, doesn't mean they'll actually appear.

See:
Hugo Weaving
Natalie Portman
Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Of course, if she does well, she will probably appear in all 7 and then some. Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 leaves just 5 more movies, unless this deal is in-addition to those.
Quad Dog
AG
TCTTS
AG
Ha, great tweet.
TCTTS
AG
FightinTexasAg15
AG

*Acts surprised*
redline248
AG
Seems like they are purging Marvel shows. I expect Jessica Jones will be next. This could be the last season of dare devil.
jabberwalkie09
AG
With Dinsey starting their own platform, I can't say I'm surprised. Though I do wish they could have at least come to some sort of conclusion than what we currently have.
rhutton125
AG
Damn. Season 2 wasn't perfect but it was VASTLY improved. And yet, it wasn't even on the front page on Netflix when it quietly released.

Here's hoping they just roll Danny's story together with Luke's and make Heroes for Hire.
bearamedic99
AG
Dang, ditto what above said about IF2 being a decent show after the blah of season 1. I figured Netflix would be like Sony grasping on to Marvel properties and keep them going for a while.

I never read the IF comics. Were the Meachums in the comics? The actor who played Ward really grew on me and I enjoy the ******* he portrays. I had not seen the actress who played Joy since the great tv show Reaper but was glad to see her getting work. Colleen and Misty (Claire too but she gone) were beautiful ladies that I won't get tired of watching.

Here's hoping Heros for Hire happens later.
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
MCU offseason discussion question:

We know that the 2019 lineup is Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, Spider-Man: Far From Home. I think this is pretty stout. Probably a record-breaking year.

With Guardians 3 being delayed, the 2020 lineup is looking like the Black Widow prequel and then two of the following: Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2. Black Panther 2 is probably 2021, so Widow, Eternals, Strange 2.

My question for you all is.... does that lineup do anything for you? Does that excite you at all?

Now, it was inevitable that 2020 would go back to the basics a little bit. Anything would seem like a letdown compared to the ultra-crossovers of Infinity War and Avengers 4. But even to a super-fan like me, there's not a lot to hype about that kind of lineup. Obviously that's what marketing and Comic Cons are for, and Feige will keep the quality up, but still.

Anyone else feel the same way? Will anyone here tune out after Avengers 4, or do you think you'll be there on opening night for The Eternals?
fig96
AG
Until they give me a reason not to be excited I'll be there opening weekend. And to this point they've yet to make anything since the second Thor film that I wasn't at worst really entertained by.

I actually kind of like that we're moving into a bit of unknown area, last time they went big on "smaller" properties we got Guardians and Black Panther.
MooreTrucker
AG
rhutton125 said:

MCU offseason discussion question:

We know that the 2019 lineup is Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, Spider-Man: Far From Home. I think this is pretty stout. Probably a record-breaking year.

With Guardians 3 being delayed, the 2020 lineup is looking like the Black Widow prequel and then two of the following: Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2. Black Panther 2 is probably 2021, so Widow, Eternals, Strange 2.

My question for you all is.... does that lineup do anything for you? Does that excite you at all?

Now, it was inevitable that 2020 would go back to the basics a little bit. Anything would seem like a letdown compared to the ultra-crossovers of Infinity War and Avengers 4. But even to a super-fan like me, there's not a lot to hype about that kind of lineup. Obviously that's what marketing and Comic Cons are for, and Feige will keep the quality up, but still.

Anyone else feel the same way? Will anyone here tune out after Avengers 4, or do you think you'll be there on opening night for The Eternals?
I have seen and will plan to see all Marvel movies, even though I know nothing at all about The Eternals. I won't go on opening night, though.

I also plan to see all the DC movies when (if) they come out. I like superhero movies.
TCTTS
AG
Just to follow up/confirm, yeah, Black Panther 2 will be 2021 at the earliest. Coogler is currently prepping a smaller drama for late 2019 it sounds like, and then likely won't shoot Black Panther 2 until sometime in 2020. Black Widow and The Eternals are the only other MCU movies with directors officially attached, and I don't even know if Scott Derrickson has been officially conformed for Doctor Strange 2 yet.

Marvel currently has release dates secured through 2022, so to add just a bit more context to your list, I'd guess (and just to be clear, ONLY these dates have been officially announced, not the titles)...

05.01 - Black Widow
07.31 - The Eternals
11.06 - Doctor Strange 2

02.12 - Black Panther 2
05.07 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
11.05 - ???

02.18 - ???
05.06 - ???
07.29 - ???

What else could fill those slots? Captain Marvel 2, of course. Speaking of, the all-female team-up will likely fill one of those spots as well. What about a third Spider-Man movie? A fifth/new-look Avengers movie in 2022? Does Hemsworth come back for a fourth Thor? Does Bucky pick up Capt's shield? Does Flacon join him? And which of these - or others - will get limited series orders for the streaming service instead of theatrical releases (right now only Loki and Scarlett Witch limited series have been announced, likely for 2020-ish)?

To answer your question, though, I'll be honest, post Spider-Man: Far From Home in July, nothing really excites me save for Guardians 3. I'm sure Marvel will obviously continue to make solid films, and I'll be there opening weekend for every single one of them, but no actors/characters on that 2020 and beyond slate, save for Peter Parker and the Guardians, really do anything for me. And Marvel no-doubt has plenty of out-of-left-field announcements still to come, and those will assuredly make for great movies/characters as well, but I just don't know if they'll ever be able to recapture the charm, charisma, and overall like-ability of the Downey/Evans/Hemsworth/Ruffalo/et al. combo ever again.
Sex Panther
AG
More Thor Por Favor
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
rhutton125
AG
Quote:

And Marvel no-doubt has plenty of out-of-left-field announcements still to come

I think this is what I'm hoping for most. I plan on seeing all MCU movies, as soon as I can, but I'd hate for Phase 4 to mimic Phase 2. Phase 2 had that kind of "let's do the same thing again" feel to it, at least initially. Iron Man 3, Thor 2, both pretty skipable. Age of Ultron was very similar to the first Avengers. Thankfully, Winter Soldier and Guardians 1 stood out and helped change the game.

If the films are good, I'm sure Eternals / Doctor Strange / Black Widow would be perfectly fine. But the following year better have something to really get you hyped, like Civil War did to keep interest after a somewhat-average 2015.
TajMaballer
AG
We will probably get an Ant-Man 3, which I am super jazzed about. Bought Ant-Man and the Wasp the other day and this movie is exactly what it needs to be. A funny chaser after the shot that was Infinity War.

Infinity War gave new life into Doctor Strange for me. I am very excited to see what happens with the character post Avengers 4.

I'd be okay with no Guardians 3 honestly. Now, a Guardians/Thor team up directed by Taika.. sign me up!

For Black Panther 2, my personal most anticipated movie in Marvel, I hope they bring in either Namor or maybe Achebe. I loved what they did with the first one establishing Wakanda and can't wait to see what they do to expand on these characters. Fun side note, I'm going to a Q&A with the costume designer, Ruth Carter, this weekend.
TCTTS
AG
In 100% agreement. If that is indeed the slate, 2020 looks to be a pretty bland year, but 2021, with a special something fresh and new in that third slot, could be a really great year for the MCU.
MooreTrucker
AG
Iron Man 3 is the one where Pepper gets all Extremis'd, right? Might that come in to play later? Seems like I saw something about Pepper in some kind of Iron Woman suit.
Max Power
AG
I'm thinking in 2020 we're getting Thor 4, they really figured out how to make Thor awesome with Ragnarok and Infinity War, there are more stories, and money to be had. 2021 I would say Ant Man is a distinct possibility.

They also gotta be thinking about expanding character wise as well, not sure if they'd consider a character like Namor. Moon Knight perhaps? Nova?
TCTTS
AG
For a 2020 release, Thor 4 would have to be filming by next summer at the latest, which would mean it'd have to be in the script stage right now, and without a director already announced, I seriously doubt they could pull that off. It's not out of the question, of course, but I just can't see 2020 as a realistic possibility, unless Marvel has really kept news/rumors on a lockdown all of the sudden. 2021 or beyond would be much more likely.
YouBet
AG
I'm not familiar with The Eternals, but I'm intrigued by that one simply because it's a complete different set of powered individuals (I assume). Looking forward to Spider-Man. I may skip BP2 depending on who is in it and what the plot line is. The first one was very average.
bearamedic99
AG
I hate the off season. Everything after Avengers 3 & 4 will be a huge letdown.

All I know about the Eternals is that Thanos may be one and, in the OG X-Force, Cannonball learned he might be one, then a guy named Gideon showed up.
bearamedic99
AG
ps- I'm that guy who almost never goes opening weekend because I hate crowded theaters.
rhutton125
AG
bearamedic99 said:

All I know about the Eternals is that Thanos may be one and, in the OG X-Force, Cannonball learned he might be one, then a guy named Gideon showed up.

Almost - that's an External. Just read that one recently! I think they're immortal mutants.

The Eternals have potential. Supposedly their best version is a run from the mid 2000s. I'll have to give it a read and give a book report for this thread.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
After Avengers 4, I expect to check out to a degree. I will still see the movies, I will get them digitally, but with everything they established with the original Avengers now apparently coming to a conclusion, my emotional investment will be done. I figure this will mirror Star Wars in a way - when Episode III finished, that ended a long-running emotional tie to a series that began when I was 9. With the exception of R1, none of the new SW movies have resonated to the same degree with me.
YouBet
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

After Avengers 4, I expect to check out to a degree. I will still see the movies, I will get them digitally, but with everything they established with the original Avengers now apparently coming to a conclusion, my emotional investment will be done. I figure this will mirror Star Wars in a way - when Episode III finished, that ended a long-running emotional tie to a series that began when I was 9. With the exception of R1, none of the new SW movies have resonated to the same degree with me.
Completely agree.
bearamedic99
AG
is there a graphic novel you're reading? I'd like to read it as well.

Also, is there any news on the Fox deal and MCU mutants?
rhutton125
AG
I've been trudging through the comics on Marvel Unlimited. Made it from ~1972 to 1995 now. Avengers and anything else that looks good.

Rumor was that the FOX deal could be completed early next year.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Disney and Fox shareholders approved the acquisition on July 27. Fox will be ready to close the deal by January 1, 2019, however various international regulatory processes are expected to extend the closure date beyond that. The deal is on track to be finalized within the first half of 2019.

Bruce Almighty
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Thanos is a member of the Deviants, who are like cousins to the Eternals. His parents are Eternals, but Thanos carries the Deviant gene.
TCTTS
AG
Tom Holland is so great...

Noblemen06
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I figure this will mirror Star Wars in a way - when Episode III finished, that ended a long-running emotional tie to a series that began when I was 9. With the exception of R1, none of the new SW movies have resonated to the same degree with me.

Not to derail the thread but you seem to be a kindred spirit on this one. I was so enamored with Star Wars as a kid but once the prequels came and went, it was in the past for me. Rogue One is the only thing they've released that put me back near that headspace again.
dave94
AG
This won't stop any of us from wanting to see Star Wars on the big screen.

I loved the OT. Still enjoyed the PT to a lesser degree. Loved Rouge One. Have had mixed feelings for VII and VIII. I'll still be there for IX and can't wait to see where they take this universe after that.

Let's all be honest that not knowing where they're going to take this is more exciting than all the bad vibes that we may be feeling after TLJ.
First Page Last Page
Page 305 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.