*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,348,906 Views | 27145 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Albatross Necklace
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mysterio is a great opportunity because he's often sort of a joke in the comics, which means you can flip that script in the movie and really go for it.
YouBet
AG
KidDoc said:

YouBet said:

KidDoc said:

TCTTS said:

Who, exactly, is Mysterio? Is he a human with powers or is he from another planet/realm ala Thor?
Human with tech powers, kind of lame but many Marvel villians are pretty simple and one dimensional.

Quote:

Debuting in The Amazing Spider-Man #13, Mysterio is Quentin Beck, a special effects wizard and stunt man working for a major Hollywood studio with dreams of making a name for himself in the film industry. However, he came to see his career in special effects as a dead-end job. His attempts to become an actor were poorly received, but he realized that his expertise in illusions could make him an effective supervillain

Actually, more so with DC. Just sayin'.....
Oh I agree 100% DC is pretty bad with the bad guys. Honestly it is amazing how good the modern comic movies are with how thin the story lines are in general. It is one of my lifetime head scratchers as a 40's year old how Netflix has ended up with the interesting heroes/villians that are a bit more grey than the movies yet managed to mess them up a bit.

Give me more Grimjack/Dredd/Moonknight/Daredevil/Cage and less Superman/Cyclops goodie goodie.

What is even more frustrating is the mess that Fox made of the most interesting characters in Magneto & Wolverine-- talk about some gray area characters and they manage to totally muck up the timelines.
Yep!
YouBet
AG
Weirdly I think Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio seems like perfect casting.
redline248
AG
I thought the Fassbender version of Magneto was excellent. Of course, there are only so many times you can have a character bounce between good and bad in the same movie.
fig96
AG
redline248 said:

I thought the Fassbender version of Magneto was excellent. Of course, there are only so many times you can have a character bounce between good and bad in the same movie.
His character was great but the X films have been all over the place.

The early films were pretty good then drifted way off course, First Class was great, Days of Future Past was good, then Apocalypse was wtf. Logan was amazing, so here's hoping Dark Phoenix gets things back on track.
rhutton125
AG
I saw an article discussing how old the characters are supposed to be in Dark Phoenix. Magneto and Xavier should be in their 60s, Mystique is late 50s, Beast is 50s. And yet they still roll with the Nicholas Hoult look. Mkah, interesting.

Mysterio could be fun. Gylenhaal is a great actor, so I have faith. Nightcrawler in particular is fantastic. Also enjoyed Source Code, End of Watch, Prisoners. It's a shame he ever did Bubble Boy because he's been on fire the last several years.
AggieLitigator
rhutton125 said:

I saw an article discussing how old the characters are supposed to be in Dark Phoenix. Magneto and Xavier should be in their 60s, Mystique is late 50s, Beast is 50s. And yet they still roll with the Nicholas Hoult look. Mkah, interesting.

Mysterio could be fun. Gylenhaal is a great actor, so I have faith. Nightcrawler in particular is fantastic. Also enjoyed Source Code, End of Watch, Prisoners. It's a shame he ever did Bubble Boy because he's been on fire the last several years.

Jake G is not in x men bro. Spider-Man...
rhutton125
AG
It was an abrupt topic change, but both had been discussed in the last page so I'd hoped I could pull it off.
Quad Dog
AG
Mysterio owns one of my favorite video game moments. From 2004's Spider-man 2. You start a fight with him and see his health bar fill up three times so you think you are in for a big fight. Turns out you beat him with one punch. Great fake out.

swimmerbabe11
Guys, I finally saw ant man and the wasp and the post credits scene has me v concerned.
GreasenUSA
AG
YES
fig96
AG
Oh hell yes...

fig96
AG
YouTube version:

redline248
AG
I can tell from the trailer this is going to be the best one, yet.
Wheatables02
AG
holy balls that looks awesome!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
sooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......is that Bullseye?
swimmerbabe11
swimmerbabe11 said:

Guys, I finally saw ant man and the wasp and the post credits scene has me v concerned.

So I was thinking about it yesterday and was comforted because I think Michael Pena and Lawrence Fishburn are gonna figure this thing out. They'll get our lil subatomic buddy taken care of.
Bruce Almighty
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Possible. There's a story line from the early 90s where Bullseye goes around dressed as Daredevil.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Sex Panther
AG
He dead
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
AliasMan02
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Possible. There's a story line from the early 90s where Bullseye goes around dressed as Daredevil.

Agree.
redline248
AG
Sex Panther said:

He dead
Or stirring things up
Flashdiaz
AG
would be awesome if all the avengers tweeted the same exact thing (except change the years accordingly).
PatAg
AG
fig96 said:

Oh hell yes...

the end, oh ****
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
Saw a very quick shot that seems to confirm my suspicion of Melvin Potter going ape on Matt. It could just be one skirmish like in season 1, but I think it's more likely that Fisk kills or harms Betty, or otherwise coerces Potter to help him frame and/or kill Daredevil.

Very excited.

Also let it be known that this is 13 episodes. But I think the Daredevil seasons have handled that better than the other shows, for what it's worth.
jeffk
AG
redline248 said:

Sex Panther said:

He dead
Or stirring things up

Or he's Human Torch in the next F4 reboot.
YouBet
AG
fig96 said:

YouTube version:

Hallway fight!!!!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Netflix has apparently confimed it. He's the bad guy in Season 3.
MGS
jeffk said:

redline248 said:

Sex Panther said:

He dead
Or stirring things up

Or he's Human Torch in the next F4 reboot.
And Killmonger becomes the new Captain America?
swimmerbabe11
rhutton125 said:

Saw a very quick shot that seems to confirm my suspicion of Melvin Potter going ape on Matt. It could just be one skirmish like in season 1, but I think it's more likely that Fisk kills or harms Betty, or otherwise coerces Potter to help him frame and/or kill Daredevil.

Very excited.

Also let it be known that this is 13 episodes. But I think the Daredevil seasons have handled that better than the other shows, for what it's worth.

I will never understand why this board's solution to the Netflix series is always to shorten them to like two episodes. Make the stories better or have more one off cool/fun episodes, dont give me less to binge.
rhutton125
AG
It worked well for Iron Fist S2!
TCTTS
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
Is she going to take the place of Tony Stark of being the Marvel spokesperson?
Dro07
AG
7?! holy crap her movie better knock it out the part
First Page Last Page
Page 304 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.