*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,482,981 Views | 27648 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Saxsoon
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't Capt Marvel in November of this year? I mean, you could be talking about fiscal year I suppose, but then again the other post talking about this year is including November and December releases.
TCTTS
AG
Holy sh*t. Forgot about Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 in 2019 as well.
ScottH_01
AG
No, March 2019
TCTTS
AG
Also, Marvel's second-half movie of 2019 is Spider-Man 2, but most of that $$$ obviously goes to Sony.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

2019 also has

Toy Story 4 & Frozen 2
Good God. Totally forgot.

FL_Ag1998
AG
ScottH_01 said:

No, March 2019

****. So nothing between Antman & Wasp in July 2018 and March 2019?!

How the **** am I supposed to get my Marvel fix in the fall? Talk about making a casual user a junkie and then yanking his supply out from under him!
The Collective
AG
Man, Disney is really working their franchises. I'm sad that Toy Story 3 is not the finale in that franchise. That was such a great film.
ScottH_01
AG
Disney would like to take you on the nostaglia/hook your kids tour of

Disney's Christopher Robin
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
Wreck-it Ralph 2
Mary Poppins Returns
AgMarauder04
AG
When does the Fed just give Disney a printing press so they can just print their own money?
TexasAggie_02
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

ScottH_01 said:

No, March 2019

How the **** am I supposed to get my Marvel fix in the fall? Talk about making a casual user a junkie and then yanking his supply out from under him!
re-watch Ragnorak. that movie is fun as hell
ScottH_01
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

When does the Fed just give Disney a printing press so they can just print their own money?

Isn't that what QE+ was?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

Wreck-it Ralph 2
why did they name it "Ralph breaks the internet" instead of "wrecks"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So, let's consider these 6 movies. My very rough predictions on domestic totals --

Star Wars Episode IX - $750 M
Avengers 4 - $ 700 M
The Lion King - $600 M
Toy Story 4 - $550 M
Frozen 2 - $400 M
Captain Marvel - $350 M

That comes out to $3.35 B, from 6 movies.

2018 is currently their highest grossing year, at $1.18 B (and counting), from 6 movies.
AgMarauder04
AG
I think Avengers 4 and Star Wars both clear $800M
Brick Tamland
Venom?
hurleyag
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I think Avengers 4 and Star Wars both clear $800M
And I think Avengers 4 out gains Star Wars IX.
AgMarauder04
AG
I don't think you're wrong.
Farmer1906
AG
I think Frozen will top Toy Story
rhutton125
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

ScottH_01 said:

No, March 2019

It may not be any good, but...

Luke Cage season 2, June 2018
Iron Fist season 2, sometime in 2018
Daredevil season 3, potentially 2018 or maybe early 2019?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jeffk said:

Should I see Infinity War in standard, IMAX or 3D? (Disclaimer: I'm not a huge fan of 3D - it's a distraction for me.)
I don't tend to stray very far from my home in Cinco Ranch when I go to the movies, but I've decided that I am absolutely seeing IW on the nearest IMAX screen, which is at Dunvale off Westheimer. I've been to that theater before, many years ago when I was single and lived closer in town, but I don't recall there being an IMAX screen there at the time.

I'm going to that theater tomorrow to see it (squeezing in a third viewing during the day while everyone is at work or school, ha ha)
I live close to that theatre, but I routinely avoid it. I'd recommend going to the Regal by 99/249. Worth the extra drive.
Why is that? It's been many years since I frequented the area, so I suppose a lot changed.

I was recently in the area of 99/249 and thought I saw an IMAX theater while we were driving by, but I'm not finding it on any searches. What's the name of the theater? When I search for Regal Theaters, there is not one coming up in that location.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

ScottH_01 said:

No, March 2019

re-watch Ragnorak. that movie is fun as hell
Infinity War will likely be available on BR/streaming some time this fall. There is your answer, as well as T:R ...
TCTTS
AG
I was too busy in the lead-up to IW to do any kind of a marathon, so I'm going to save that for the July to March gap between AM&TW and Captain Marvel. Glad I did, too, as it almost feels more appropriate to do in the lead up to A4 instead of IW.
TCTTS
AG
I've seen this making the rounds today, so just to get out ahead of the inevitable post here, it's a fake...

FL_Ag1998
AG
rhutton125 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

ScottH_01 said:

No, March 2019

It may not be any good, but...

Luke Cage season 2, June 2018
Iron Fist season 2, sometime in 2018

Daredevil season 3, potentially 2018 or maybe early 2019?

Ok, the only reason I'm not flagging you for an inappropriate post is you qualified it with the "It might not be any good..." line. Because c'mon, really? Luke Cage 2 and Iron Fist 2?! Hell, I can't even bring myself to finish Jessica Jones season 2.
Dr. Horrible
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jeffk said:

Should I see Infinity War in standard, IMAX or 3D? (Disclaimer: I'm not a huge fan of 3D - it's a distraction for me.)
I don't tend to stray very far from my home in Cinco Ranch when I go to the movies, but I've decided that I am absolutely seeing IW on the nearest IMAX screen, which is at Dunvale off Westheimer. I've been to that theater before, many years ago when I was single and lived closer in town, but I don't recall there being an IMAX screen there at the time.

I'm going to that theater tomorrow to see it (squeezing in a third viewing during the day while everyone is at work or school, ha ha)
I live close to that theatre, but I routinely avoid it. I'd recommend going to the Regal by 99/249. Worth the extra drive.
Why is that? It's been many years since I frequented the area, so I suppose a lot changed.

I was recently in the area of 99/249 and thought I saw an IMAX theater while we were driving by, but I'm not finding it on any searches. What's the name of the theater? When I search for Regal Theaters, there is not one coming up in that location.
Regal Lone Star 19 & IMAX
24720 Tomball Pkwy, Tomball, TX 77375
(281) 290-0077
https://maps.google.com?q=Regal%20Lone%20Star%2019%20%26%20IMAX,%2024720%20Tomball%20Pkwy,%20Tomball,%20TX%2077375&ftid=0x86472cd5157d9d05:0x57d1eff2357d33ef&hl=en-US&gl=us
Farmer1906
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

jeffk said:

Regal Lone Star 19 & IMAX
24720 Tomball Pkwy, Tomball, TX 77375
(281) 290-0077
https://maps.google.com?q=Regal%20Lone%20Star%2019%20%26%20IMAX,%2024720%20Tomball%20Pkwy,%20Tomball,%20TX%2077375&ftid=0x86472cd5157d9d05:0x57d1eff2357d33ef&hl=en-US&gl=us
Formerly Silverado. Its a nice spot.
TCTTS
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Wild Hogs Dawgs
ScottH_01
AG
IW pulled in almost 23.5 Mill yesterday, with a drop of a little over 5% from Monday.

It is now #24 on Disney's all time domestic grossing films, with only 5 days. This weekend could be another HUGE weekend for this movie.
Murder Hornet
AG
Are we sure that is not fan-made? I thought she was an Air Force pilot. That is an F-14 (USN) in the poster

Never mind. I missed the "it's a fake"
bearamedic99
AG
Cap readers- why did everyone want to call him Nomad instead of The Captain (an alias he assumed in the late 80s)?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Updated with latest IW #'s, added Black Panther.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The weekdays have been good but not great so far, and it's looking like it might fall below BP's pace pretty soon.

However the weekends may remain huge, so it'll be interesting to see if it continues to outpace it.
ScottH_01
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The weekdays have been good but not great so far, and it's looking like it might fall below BP's pace pretty soon.

However the weekends may remain huge, so it'll be interesting to see if it continues to outpace it.

Check your numbers again, the weekday numbers, for non-holidays, are better than all but a couple of movies ever. The percentage drop from day to day indicates it'll stay above BP for a long while.
Claude!
He was Nomad for a brief period in the 1970s, I believe. Didn't last long.
First Page Last Page
Page 261 of 790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.