*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,482,998 Views | 27648 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Saxsoon
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
c-jags said:

Champ Bailey said:

AliasMan02 said:

I'm looking forward to it, but something that will be funny about this movie: it will be 100% criticism-proof.

This is wrong. The politics board has already decided it will fail miserably.

That's ridiculous.

People didn't like Ghostbusters because of a ****ty cast and a ****ty reboot. Wonder Woman killed it because of a good cast with a fresh story.

Nobody likes 50 shades of black because it's a ****ty spoof. Black Panther will make money hand over foot and mainly from white America
I think any time someone invokes the opinion of the politics board, it should be read tongue in cheek.
Andyzipp
AG
c-jags said:

Champ Bailey said:

AliasMan02 said:

I'm looking forward to it, but something that will be funny about this movie: it will be 100% criticism-proof.

That's ridiculous.

People didn't like Ghostbusters because of a ****ty cast and a ****ty reboot. Wonder Woman killed it because of a good cast with a fresh story.

Nobody likes 50 shades of black because it's a ****ty spoof. Black Panther will make money hand over foot and mainly from white America

At least one of the residents over there is convinced that no movie glorifying the Black Panthers is going to do well. When it was pointed out that the character and the group have nothing to do with one another, and that the character pre-dates the group, he started talking about Asians.
rhutton125
AG
Creed was a great film, so I'd be there Day 1 for any superhero movie that Coogler directs.
c-jags
Andyzipp said:

c-jags said:

Champ Bailey said:

AliasMan02 said:

That's ridiculous.

At least one of the residents over there is convinced that no movie glorifying the Black Panthers is going to do well. When it was pointed out that the character and the group have nothing to do with one another, and that the character pre-dates the group, he started talking about Asians.

And Rush thought that Bane from DKR represented Romney. Every side has their idiots.

I honestly hope BP kills it because it will shut up people from pissing and moaning for a while.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

I honestly hope BP kills it because it will shut up people from pissing and moaning for a while.
Black Panther likely will do fantastic at the box office but come on, you know it will do nothing about people pissing and moaning, even for a minute. Those people are miserable about everything and will stop at nothing to drag everyone else down to their level.
cone
AG
black panther looks incredible

i'm just hoping it's not boring

can i have a safe space and say that i think andy serkis is going to make this movie
M.C. Swag
AG
Who has a problem with Serkis? Nothing crazy about liking him.

However I do think BP will stand on its own merits and has HUGE potential to be beyond great.
rhutton125
AG
Saw a quote from Bozeman saying that Klaue is the real villain of the film. Spoiler tags in case anyone really doesn't want to hear any of that.

Not sure if they mean primary vs secondary, or just a matter of opinion, but I thought it was interesting.
cone
AG
the safe space requested is given the political context that's surely going to swirl around this film to say that the british white guy playing the south african terrorist is going to make the movie

not to take away from michael b. jordan who's great, but live action serkis being a bad guy is gonna be awesome. i want to see that.
cone
AG
spoiler tag respect, but i still considered your spoiler to be obv
M.C. Swag
AG
This isn't the political board, i think you're allowed to be excited for any actor portrayal in any movie. As for me, I'm specifically pumped for Michael B Jordan. He needs to be in everything. And he looks absolutely menacing in the trailer.
nickstro66
AG
I really hope Coogler gives us an epic one-shot fight scene like he did in Creed
swimmerbabe11

skip to 4:00
cone
AG
Quote:

This isn't the political board
who's being naive, kay
rhutton125
AG
I would have assumed it to be Michael B so I was a little surprised I suppose. But hopefully we get plenty of both. And I want to see the other factions - Man-Ape and stuff.
Farmer1906
AG
Whaaaaat? I didn't even think he was going to have a huge role.
fig96
AG
M.C. Swag said:

However I do think BP will stand on its own merits and has HUGE potential to be beyond great.
A lot of animators who feel he goes out of his way to not credit the people that also create a significant amount of the performance for "his" digital characters.
M.C. Swag
AG
Lol That's a strangely obscure thing to know but..power to ya. You do you.
fig96
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Lol That's a strangely obscure thing to know but..power to ya. You do you.
I'm an animator, so not especially obscure info
M.C. Swag
AG
fair enough
swimmerbabe11
fig96 said:

M.C. Swag said:

A lot of animators who feel he goes out of his way to not credit the people that also create a significant amount of the performance for "his" digital characters.

That makes sense, cause the first 3 minutes of the clip I posted is him talking up the actor's performance (him) and he doesn't really do much to credit the animators at all.
fig96
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

fig96 said:

M.C. Swag said:

That makes sense, cause the first 3 minutes of the clip I posted is him talking up the actor's performance (him) and he doesn't really do much to credit the animators at all.
Yup, what really irks animators is his repeated references to "digital makeup" like you plug his performance onto the character and it's done. He's certainly talented, but there's an immense amount of animation work that goes into creating the character after the initial motion capture is completed.

Pretty good explanation on the performance and technology here:

Sorry to derail
swimmerbabe11
That was really interesting, thanks for posting!
fig96
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

That was really interesting, thanks for posting!
You bet!
Bobcat06
AG
M.C. Swag said:

The Spiderman thread disagrees
swimmerbabe11
Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

The problems on the spiderman thread aren't political.
MooreTrucker
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I'm curious, but can't read that thread until I see the movie.
FL_Ag1998
AG
MooreTrucker said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

People are disagreeing with the characterization of one of the minor characters, and despite listing their reasons (which have nothing to do with race), others are trying to pidgeon-hole them into being racists because the onscreen version of the character is a different race than the comic version.
Bobcat06
AG
MooreTrucker said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

If you complain about a casting decision, you're a racist.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bobcat06 said:

MooreTrucker said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Bobcat06 said:

M.C. Swag said:

If you complain about a casting decision, you're a racist.
Well, that does seem to be a trend (The Big Sick)
M.C. Swag
AG
How does The Big Sick apply to that?
c-jags
fig96 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I heard him and Steve Zahn on Jim and Sam yesterday and he was gushing over the special effects artist. I can't remember the company's name but he he talked more about their work than any of his own.

ETA: WETA is the motion capture company. He gushed over them.
fig96
AG
c-jags said:

fig96 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I heard him and Steve Zahn on Jim and Sam yesterday and he was gushing over the special effects artist. I can't remember the company's name but he he talked more about their work than any of his own.

They're the lead VFX house, so in charge of everything from mocap to modelling, lighting, rendering, compositing, etc.

I'd bet cash he didn't explicitly say anything about how they contributed to Cesar's performance.
c-jags
fig96 said:

c-jags said:

fig96 said:

M.C. Swag said:

They're the lead VFX house, so in charge of everything from mocap to modelling, lighting, rendering, compositing, etc.

I'd bet cash he didn't explicitly say anything about how they contributed to Cesar's performance.
then you would lose money.

he talked about how amazing they were to be able to take his facial expressions and transplant them on ceasar's. he talked about how they grew from just capturing his motion in LotR in a screening room to having to do the filming for this movie out in the open, in the snow... on horses.

i'm no serkis homer or anything, i could take or leave him for any role he's done. but he was very complimentary. maybe we're just on different pages here, but on jim and sam, he talked way more about WETA then he did himself.

Skip to 2 hours even

he talks about them more than that, but that's a direct question about it.
fig96
AG
I'll have to check it out because that would be an absolute first (although it still sounds like he's not giving credit for the performance). Thanks for the info.
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.