***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,772,038 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by safety guy
Scotty Flamingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm glad they covered up Sting's bald spot....also looks like he's been hitting the weight room
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
So mania predictions?
Cena over rusev.
taker over wyatt.
sting over h.
Ryback wins the Andre the giant BR
ambrose wins the IC title
rollins over orton
reigns wins the belt. Rollins cashes in

Your first three and Reigns v Lesner seem so right, that at least one will be wrong. WWE is mostly predictable, but there's always something unexpected.

I also thought Orton would stay with the Authority, go down with Rollins when he's cashing it in, then turn on him to stop Rollins from taking the belt from Reigns. Maybe WWE wants Rollins to have it or have Reigns defeat Rollins alone.

The IC might be the most interesting to me as I don't know who will win. I think it will go to a face, but I was looking more at Bryan, Ziggler, or Truth. While I love Bryan and Ziggler, I'd love to see R-Truth get it. He's entertaining, he's put in his time, and WWE could use a black champion. I hope Ziggler doesn't get pushed down too far again. He went from being the hero eliminating the Authority to being another warm body in an IC ladder match? Maybe he and Bryan will feud after this. That should be entertaining.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
If you have a half hour to kill, check out Wrestling Isn't Wrestling. It uses the story of Triple H to show how good and how bad wrestling can be. Pretty funny and a ton of cameos, including two former world champs.
to go nerd gasm on this, Chloe Dykstra's (plays HHH) dad did the robotics for the original star wars trilogy
OCEN99
AG
And the girl from the AT&T commercials plays the Ultimate Warrior.
Scotty Flamingo
Met Jake the Snake today at Comic Con in Waco
Corporal Punishment
AG
A lot of wrestlers die before it's their time to go...drugs, murder, suicide, etc.

I don't know many that die...wrestling:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3005740/Mexican-wrestling-star-dies-ring-thousands-people-kept-going-lay-lifeless-stage.html

quote:
A Mexican wrestling star suffered a fatal blow in the ring on Friday night in front of the thousands of fans in attendance - and the fight continued for nearly two minutes as he lay motionless on the mat.

Pedro Aguayo Ramirez, known as Hijo del Perro Aguayo, went limp on the ropes after a flying kick from one of his opponents, Oscar Gutierrez, known as Rey Misterio, Jr., hit his neck.
Scotty Flamingo
Holy crap. Rey mysterio killed him
Corporal Punishment
AG
Saw the Von Erich 30 for 30 short. Fantastic.
Scotty Flamingo
I've watched that Wrestling isn't Wrestling about 3 times now. So ****ing good and spot. It's why I have loved Pro Wrestling all these years. And apparently it's a hit in the WWE too...triple h even tweeted about it
Ambres
AG
i wonder if he was wrestling with a broken neck already and Rey hit him just in the wrong spot to kill him. A lot of these guys fight with serious injuries especially if they never made the WWE kind of money. The medical examiner results will be interesting and hopefully reveal if he had any pre-existing conditions.
dcaggie04
AG
I've read where they said his cause of death is from whiplash. I think the final blow was when his head snapped back after hitting the middle rope.
Corporal Punishment
AG
quote:
"Hijo del Perro"
Hate to be disrespectful here but am I the only one perplexed that anyone would call themselves this?

I know it's not the feminine form of dog...but geez, to this gringo it sounds comical.

I don't follow wrestling anymore so I wonder if there's something I'm not getting. Can't imagine what it might be.
cajunaggie08
AG
Yea, I assumed it was the "619" kick that did him in but it appears that he was out after hitting the ropes for the setup. Doesn't appear to be a botched move at all but just a freak accident probably caused by a preexisting condition.
cajunaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:
"Hijo del Perro"
Hate to be disrespectful here but am I the only one perplexed that anyone would call themselves this?

I know it's not the feminine form of dog...but geez, to this gringo it sounds comical.

I don't follow wrestling anymore so I wonder if there's something I'm not getting. Can't imagine what it might be.
According to the article, his father was a wrestler named Pedro "Perro" Aguayo, so son of dog does make sense for a wrestling name.
madd_ag_05
AG
Yeah the name is a tribute to his pops. I thought it was weird at first too, before finding that out.

Pre-existing condition or not, I gotta wonder how Misterio feels about this. Gotta be incredibly tough for him.
Scotty Flamingo
Apparently he's been receiving death threats.
toucan82
"hey, let go of my belt"
Scotty Flamingo
Okay what the **** was that ending???

it's obvious reigns isn't gonna work. Lesnar better win and leave wwe as champion.

And then start over the next night on raw with someone not named Roman reigns winning the belt
Scotty Flamingo
Btw a recent pic of taker showed up online. I think he found the fountain of youth. He looks great. I think a lot of people will be surprised with him on Sunday
Scotty Flamingo
looks like lesnar will be retaining...
aTmLoKi
AG
Is it time to add Roman Reigns to the burial list?
Scotty Flamingo
Wouldn't be surprised to see a lesnar face turn soon
jrod2181
I think we should just skip this WM and start thinking about matches we want at Jerryworld
Geralt of Rivia
S
Re-subscribing to the Network just in time for WM...even if Reigns is in the main event.
Scotty Flamingo
Id imagine Sting-Taker is gonna happen.
wouldn't be surprised if Austin has one more match
Dread Pirate Roberts
I'm glad Lesnar is staying in WWE. For one, we now don't know for sure who will win. Without this, everyone "knew" Reigns would win. But more importantly, I hope that Lesnar will now be a regular on Raw. WWE could use someone like him to put a real fear in others. That was the greatness about Andre as a heel. Kids were genuinely afraid Andre would kill their favorite wrestler. That's what Lesnar can do. He doesn't need to cheat like Rollins, he'll simply kill everyone else.
Texaggie7nine
Lesnar will stay a ppv only character.
7nine
Zombie
My WM Predictions:

Reigns vs Lesnar: Reigns wins with interference by Rollins. Rollins then turns and cashes in MitB which sets up a 3 way rivalry for the title at Fallout

Sting vs HHH: Sting with a botched attempt at interference by the Authority

Taker vs Wyatt: Epic match with Taker winning and retiring for good. But it is such a good match that it blasts Wyatt way up

Battle Royale: Mizdow and Miz are last two in, Mizdow wins

Ladder Match: Ambrose

US Champ: Cena

Divas: Bella Twins

Tag Team: The New Day (honestly, who cares at this point. This match sucks)
Zombie
In case you haven't noticed, Lesnar is already a face in the eyes of the fans. The hate for Reigns is strong and Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman has been getting a ton of pop. With my WM prediction, it fits perfect. Lesnar becomes the face, Rollins stays the heel and Reigns is caught in the middle
Scotty Flamingo
I don't think taker retires til next year....mania at cowboys stadium is too big
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
In case you haven't noticed, Lesnar is already a face in the eyes of the fans. The hate for Reigns is strong and Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman has been getting a ton of pop
I think its more of the Stone Cold anti-heel, than a true face in the case of Lesnar...though announcing he resigned with WWE on the 5pm sportscenter certainly will help.
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
quote:
In case you haven't noticed, Lesnar is already a face in the eyes of the fans. The hate for Reigns is strong and Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman has been getting a ton of pop
I think its more of the Stone Cold anti-heel, than a true face in the case of Lesnar...though announcing he resigned with WWE on the 5pm sportscenter certainly will help.

Agreed. Also, his opponents have been Cena and Reigns, who people like to boo. If he had been against Bryan, Ziggler, or other accepted faces, then he'd get real heat as a heal.
jrod2181
Other than Taker losing again what would shock you tonight. I think for me it would be HHH beating Sting.
Zombie
Taker losing. Lesnar losing. Both would be shockers.
toucan82
quote:
Other than Taker losing again what would shock you tonight. I think for me it would be HHH beating Sting.
Sheamus coming back and not being horrible
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.