***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,770,889 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by safety guy
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finally watching. Wow this is awesome. Took JR some time to get comfortable.

Cody and Dustin was incredible. Crimson mask is an understatement.

Time for Bucks
Geralt of Rivia
S
When i bought my tickets to the CS WWE house show, Becky Lynch and The New Day were the big names on the card. They are all now no longer advertised for the show

**** Vince
toucan82
I'm here for the Brock Party
Scotty Flamingo
Is it true Raw is 45 minutes in and there hasnt been a match yet?
Not a Bot
AG
Butcher of Blaviken said:

It was over 50 minutes. The first match was Shane McMahon fighting Roman Reigns' cousin. McMahon squashed him, then Roman came in for the save. I'm not watching, but I'm sure it was highly entertaining.
Olsen
AG
Sami Zayn name dropped AEW on live TV!
Geralt of Rivia
S
There's no way he would have done it if it wasn't approved
Bunk Moreland
toucan82
I hope Brock doesnt cash in after Corbin wins the universal title
Olsen
AG
That segment got the crowd going with the AEW chants.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Cactus Jack said:

Butcher of Blaviken said:

It was over 50 minutes. The first match was Shane McMahon fighting Roman Reigns' cousin. McMahon squashed him, then Roman came in for the save. I'm not watching, but I'm sure it was highly entertaining.
I know you are being sarcastic but it was so bad the crowd was actually chanting "This is awful" repeatedly.

And I too am pissed about the removal of Becky and the New Day from Reed on Sunday. Just noticed that as well tonight when I went to look at the ticketing scenario.
Scotty Flamingo
Bunk Moreland said:

Omfg his gasp after he said it!!!!
Olsen
AG
WWE cut out the AEW part on their YouTube video. It's clear that Sami Zayn didn't have permission to name drop AEW at all.

UPDATE: Meltzer confirmed that it was reportedly scripted after all.
Scotty Flamingo

I figured it would happen, but it's official now.
permabull
AG
OCEN99
AG
OCEN99 said:

Push Luchasaurus!
zooguy96
R Truth is going to win the 24/7 championship at the end of Smackdown I think.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I hope him and Jungle Boy keep their tag team going
Geralt of Rivia
S
zooguy96 said:

I think you're right
zooguy96
Geralt of Rivia said:

zooguy96 said:

I think you're right

Called it!

I guess the Aggies are going to win the National Championship this year too! Calling it now!!!!
chris1515
AG
There's a lot of talk about how AEW is competition for WWE and bad for their stock and bad for the company.

I'm not sure I buy that. I think if someone is a fan of pro wrestling, all AEW is going to do is just give them more opportunity to watch the sport.

Is it going to take away viewers of RAW and Smackdown? Not unless their weekly show is lined up against it, and that would be dumb.

Are current Network subscribers going to cancel their subscriptions? I don't know why they would.

I can see it is clearly competition for talent. But if anything, I think it might just grow the interest in the overall sport.
zooguy96
And it will dilute the talent. That's WWE's issue IMHO. They have too much talent and don't handle it correctly.
permabull
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Moxley on Jericho's podcast, he didn't seem to enjoy the creative direction of WWE. This is a must listen.
Not a Bot
AG
zooguy96 said:

And it will dilute the talent. That's WWE's issue IMHO. They have too much talent and don't handle it correctly.

They don't use their talent. They push the same guys over and over and over again and keep their talented guys on the sidelines. F****** Brock Lesnar was champion for months without even wrestling a damn match.
Scotty Flamingo
Cactus Jack said:

Moxley on Jericho's podcast, he didn't seem to enjoy the creative direction of WWE. This is a must listen.

Listening now...wow. Him talking about his heel turn was so bizarre. Especially hearing how they wanted him to exploit Roman's cancer to get cheap heat.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Listened this morning. They will be much better off when Vince let's go of booking. He's Jerry Jones at this point.
zooguy96
Cactus Jack said:

zooguy96 said:

They don't use their talent. They push the same guys over and over and over again and keep their talented guys on the sidelines. F****** Brock Lesnar was champion for months without even wrestling a damn match.

Agreed. They don't promote the "over" wrestlers, and instead, promote wrestlers who aren't interesting or who nobody likes.
Sports-Ag
AG
So Jon Moxley (Dean) was on Jericho's podcast and dropped some heat about Vince and the creative team. He was very detailed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cagesideseats.com/platform/amp/wwe/2019/5/29/18644146/jon-moxley-dean-ambrose-why-left-wwe-roman-reigns-leukemia-angle
Legal Custodian
AG
Sports-Ag said:

So Jon Moxley (Dean) was on Jericho's podcast and dropped some heat about Vince and the creative team. He was very detailed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cagesideseats.com/platform/amp/wwe/2019/5/29/18644146/jon-moxley-dean-ambrose-why-left-wwe-roman-reigns-leukemia-angle

Wow that is some damming stuff. It's confirming what everyone here has been thinking for the past 5 or 6 years
johnnyblaze36
AG
Do they have beer sales at Reed for non-A&M related events? I was just thinking about this Sunday and realized the only time I've been to Reed for anything other than A&M things was WCW back in '99 and can't remember.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't think they had alcohol sales at the last WWE event there
johnnyblaze36
AG
For anybody going that hasn't bought tickets yet it looks like they lowered the prices in all sections (I assume due to poor sales). The actual prices now don't match what is listed on the seating map.

I just picked up a pretty good pair for only $60 total after fees.

johnnyblaze36
AG
Looking forward to Elias trash talking this entire town.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/wwe-stars-return-to-college-station-for-sunday-event/article_0ae53496-83b8-11e9-8d49-4f6954cc1fcd.html

Quote:

With WWE Live returning to College Station after three years, spectators get a chance to see the full force of SmackDown superstars such as Roman Reigns and Elias.

"On TV, there's all these different constraints that live events don't have time wise, crowd interaction wise, things along those lines that don't apply live, so it's a lot more free, a lot more fun," said WWE superstar Elias. "The people that come out and see WWE Live, especially in a live performance, they walk away feeling like it was very personal."

Quote:

The show is about three hours long, during which time, Elias hopes the Bryan-College Station crowd is "loud and passionate."

"I prefer them to be on their feet giving me a standing ovation from the moment I stand up until I leave," Elias said. "I hope they go along with my catch phrases like 'Who wants to walk with Elias?' and when I ask 'What does WWE stand for?' they are screaming wildly 'Walk with Elias." And when my performance is over, they're screaming 'We are not worthy.'"

It's Elias' first time in College Station. He said he is looking forward to visiting the area.
Scotty Flamingo
Anyone watching Takeover 25?

Roddy and Riddle just tore the ****ing house down.
First Page Last Page
Page 291 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.