***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,950 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by safety guy
Rocag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cody vs Dustin has been amazing but that is too much blood.
Olsen
AG
This match alone was worth the PPV price!
Not a Bot
AG
aTmLoKi said:

JR needs to retire.

He's done a good job calling the matches. I think the segments in between matches when they go to the booth are suffering from a few things, namely the camera angle is way too high and they are having to look down at the teleprompter. It makes them look like they are staring at their feet while they are talking. I also am pretty sure they are having problems with the prompter and had to get off script a little bit which screwed them all up. I think the other guys are having just as much trouble.
Not a Bot
AG
Do what!?

aTmLoKi
AG
HITMAN?!?
Olsen
AG
Bret Hart introducing the AEW World Championship belt!
J182
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Bret Hart introducing the AEW World Championship belt!

Vince gon be mad
Not a Bot
AG
That was unexpected
Olsen
AG
JON MOXLEY!!!!
Not a Bot
AG
WT
Wtf
Wtf

Yes
Yes
Yes
Not a Bot
AG
That was a great pay-per-view. From top to bottom there was not a disappointing match. They have a bunch of guys who are used to revving up live crowds without a PG filter.
Olsen
AG
This was the best non-WWE wrestling PPV yet!
permabull
AG
Geralt of Rivia
S
No, that was Dean Ambrose. They are two totally different people
Scotty Flamingo
That was fun.
Scotty Flamingo
Some thoughts:

Commentary team is the weak link. You could tell JR was trying. But the on camera segments between matches were just so cringey.

MJF is gonna be an amazing heel.

Wtf was up with the cracker barrel prop?!

Moxley was a nice surprise.
Olsen
AG
Xiuh
I believe Cracker barrel said they would be a sponsor for all in if they had a barrel with their name on it. Guess they kept up the sponsorship for double or nothing.
bigcat22
AG
Big E was obviously watching last night. Thought this was a funny tweet before the PPV started

Scotty Flamingo
bigcat22 said:

Big E was obviously watching last night. Thought this was a funny tweet before the PPV started

Xavier was tweeting gifs to show he was watching
Scotty Flamingo
It was last night when I watched, so i skipped some matches. Going back to watch the Young Bucks match now
chris1515
AG
After reading about All In, I wish I'd have ordered it.

I just saw a clip on IG and noticed Earl Hebbner was the ref in Cody and Dustin's match.

As I recall, he got fired from WWE because him and his brother were counterfeiting wwe merchandise! I'd love to see a show on the WWE network where they showed Vince watching All In...his blood pressure must've been through the roof.
OCEN99
AG
That was my first time seeing Fenix, dude is nuts!

Not a Bot
AG
chris1515 said:

After reading about All In, I wish I'd have ordered it.

I just saw a clip on IG and noticed Earl Hebbner was the ref in Cody and Dustin's match.

As I recall, he got fired from WWE because him and his brother were counterfeiting wwe merchandise! I'd love to see a show on the WWE network where they showed Vince watching All In...his blood pressure must've been through the roof.

I could see him screaming at the TV every time JR mentioned something about a "wrestler" performing a "move" instead of a "superstar" performing a "maneuver." I think JR deliberately went out of his way to say all of the things that Vince forbids his commentators to say.
Olsen
AG
#1 Trending video on YouTube at the moment:

zooguy96
Olsen said:

#1 Trending video on YouTube at the moment:

Everything that WWE isn't. Awesome.
bigcat22
AG
WWE Is definitely going to need to adjust their product. AEW is coming on strong

OCEN99
AG
Scotty Flamingo
OCEN99 said:

Well ***** Hopefully he works the Dallas show!
chris1515
AG
AEW put on one show, apparently a good one.

Let's see how they manage to put out a product every week. I think the struggles that WWE has comes from producing 5 hours of live tv each week and managing a roster of how many superstars? Telling engaging stories is the tough part.
J182
AG
chris1515 said:

AEW put on one show, apparently a good one.

Let's see how they manage to put out a product every week. I think the struggles that WWE has comes from producing 5 hours of live tv each week and managing a roster of how many superstars? Telling engaging stories is the tough part.

That's where AEW will have some flexibility imo. WWE is doing 5 live hours + a PPV each month (sometimes 2) + all the live shows between RAW, SD, and NXT.
If the AEW VPs keep winning, then it'll get old quick. It'll be interesting to see if they can develop weekly shows and keep everything fresh. Right now, AEW has some of the biggest stars in the world and keep bringing them in. At some point they'll have too many and they'll run into the same problems WWE has. PAC is already showing that.
Bunk Moreland
WWE has a much bigger team in place too. Their issue is all good work or angles can be cut on a whim because Vince would rather see some guy fart in his opponent's face instead.

If half of what the rumors behind the scenes are true from recent articles, he is the source of all the frustration. Creates chaos and leaves tons of people without any idea what to expect.

Dana Warrior wanted Roman on SD over AJ ecause she doesn't know how to write for AJ? He's one of the top guys in the business. If you can't write for him then you're in the wrong job
johnnyblaze36
AG
On 4/23 the WWE stock price was at a high of $99.25 and just a month later it is at $75.87 today. I'm wondering if this new AEW development is causing that big of an effect or if there are other factors involved.
Bobcat06
AG
For comparison, companies affected by Chinese tariffs have seen around 10% hit. The are other market conditions, but a 25% hit is big and largely due to AEW.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I would guess it's some combination of AEW, leaks about how miserable the locker room is, and record low ratings
First Page Last Page
Page 290 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.