***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,772,218 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by safety guy
toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You have to give them credit for at least trying something different
OCEN99
AG
Looks like there's possibly some backstory to the new gimmick.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bgceh4/possible_storyline_spoilers_the_secret_of_bray/
Scotty Flamingo
Well now I'm just gonna be disappointed if they don't bring in Waylon Mercy to manage Bray.
Iowaggie
AG
J-Quob said:

The Montreal Screwjob is pretty well documented, but I still love seeing things about it. This Viceland doc is pretty good if you have 45 min to watch.

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the-montreal-screwjob/5c1a9819be40777bca5f53bf

I watched the Bruiser Brody episode (murdered in locker room in PR, and only Tony Atlas speaks up) and the Macho Man & Ms Elizabeth episodes. They are very well done, and after watching one episode, it will have you looking up other information and have you going down rabbit holes looking up old stories.

Here's a story from a Tony Atlas book (not related to the show):

Vince put me on last because he knew the people would stay to see my match, but all I could think was that while I was wrestling, just about everybody else would be having a good time at the hotel.

I was so mad after my match that I pulled out my .357 Magnum and began to wave it around. Mere seconds after the gun cleared my gym bag, I had the whole dressing room to myself. Cyndi Lauper and David Wolfe were there that night. Cyndi was standing just a few feet from the dressing room door when Andre came running out. When he saw her, he stopped dead in his tracks and stood still. Except for one boot, he was buck naked. Cyndi was so taken by surprise that her lower jaw dropped down and she froze in place, staring at the naked behemoth that stood in front of her.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Well the "Big O" experiment was fun while it lasted.
Cloud
Elias
Scotty Flamingo
I like face Kevin Owens..but hopefully he goes back to his prizefighter heel gimmick from nxt. Just a mean guy that will kick your ass
Geralt of Rivia
S
It appears Luke Harper is not getting his release

80s Guy
Does anyone cut a promo like the Miz?

Not a Bot
AG
Dana White telling people that Brock Lesnar is "retired" and will not be returning to UFC.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26642949/lesnar-retired-cormier-miocic-ii-works
Not a Bot
AG
Absolutely LOVE the new Bray Wyatt gimmick. I wish he was just a little bit better actor to really sell all the way, but it works.
Scotty Flamingo
Uhhhh...looks like Ambrose is Jon Moxley again. AEW?

J182
AG
Chris Jericho retweeted it too. So, guess that's that. With Jimmy Havoc being in AEW too, seems like they are trying to possibly have a hardcore division.
J182
AG
Brock has retired from MMA and WWE just announced he'll be at the next event in Saudi Arabia.

Quote:

The Saudi General Sports Authority, in partnership with WWE, will host an event at the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on Friday, June 7, at 8 p.m. AST. The event will feature WWE Superstars Roman Reigns, Undertaker, Kofi Kingston, Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins, Goldberg, AJ Styles and Brock Lesnar, and stream live on WWE Network.
https://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/wwe-superstars-return-to-jeddah-june-2019
Geralt of Rivia
S
Just got 2nd row seats for the NXT show in Houston
Scotty Flamingo
Geralt of Rivia said:

Just got 2nd row seats for the NXT show in Houston

Are you gonna shout "Adam Cole Bay-Bay!" ?
Scotty Flamingo

Jericho vs Okada?!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Owen Hart would have been 54 today
Scotty Flamingo
Someone has dug up a lot of old Lars Sullivan forum posts...not looking good
Olsen
AG
Scotty Flamingo
I just wanna know what we are getting here...i feel like they have to announce it soon. The show is almost here
bigcat22
AG
Butcher of Blaviken said:

Someone has dug up a lot of old Lars Sullivan forum posts...not looking good

If these are real, I wonder how much longer he will last... judging by Big E's tweet, this isn't going to do him any favors with the locker room

Icecream_Ag
S
I thought these posts were well known and caused him issues in NXT? Was that someone else?
Geralt of Rivia
S
Icecream_Ag said:

I thought these posts were well known and caused him issues in NXT? Was that someone else?
Yeah, I just read that WWE was aware of the posts when they initially hired Lars
Scotty Flamingo
Some rumblings that AEW and Turner is a done deal. Apparently will be debuting on TNT this Fall.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/aew-tv-deal-tnt/#.XNRr25NKjOQ
Olsen
AG
I wish it would be on TBS instead of TNT since TNT is completely loaded with European football and NBA scheduling but TBS only has MLB. But hey, wrestling is back with Turner Sports!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I wish it would be on TBS instead of TNT since TNT is completely loaded with European football and NBA scheduling but TBS only has MLB. But hey, wrestling is back with Turner Sports!

NFL Europe is back?!?
Olsen
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

NFL Europe is back?!?

Haha no. I mean it's UEFA Champions League.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Then say soccer
Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't know how many remember him, but Silver King collapsed and died at a show in London last night
toucan82
Good Aggie Hunting said:

don't forget reruns of Bones and Castle
Scotty Flamingo
Geralt of Rivia said:

I don't know how many remember him, but Silver King collapsed and died at a show in London last night
RIP Ramses.

Also had no idea he wrestled Rey Mysterio Jr. on an episode of Nitro.
Olsen
AG
Seth Rollins confirmed that he's currently dating Becky "The Man" Lynch.

https://instagr.am/p/BxZ7zrlBfQ5
Geralt of Rivia
S
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Seth Rollins confirmed that he's currently dating Becky "The Man" Lynch.

https://instagr.am/p/BxZ7zrlBfQ5
That sumbeach!

At least Alexa Bliss is single again
Ambres
AG
Ok I am making my storyline prediction for Money in the Bank.

I think Alexa Bliss wins the women money in the Bank. Becky will fight with Flair first and win .. barely. Then She will defeat Lacey "Push too fast" Evans. Alexa will cash in at the end to win the RAW women championship. Evans and Alexa will feud on RAW and Becky and Charlotte will continue on Smackdown.

As for the other matches.

Universal Championship -- Seth Rollins (c) vs. AJ Styles: Seth Rollins wins in a boring match.. I am not excited about watching either one of these guys fight against each other.. the storyline is stale.

WWE Championship -- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kevin Owens: I want Kevi n to win .. but I think Kofi keeps the belt longer as it is improving ratings. Kofi needs to hold the belt until Summer Slam.

Raw Women's Championship -- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lacey Evans: Lacey is being pushed to fast and too hard. She needs to work her way up the card. She loses.

SmackDown Women's Championship -- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte Flair: Becky needs to win this match in order to solidify her as Charlotte equal.

Men's Money in the Bank Ladder Match feat. Ricochet, Drew McIntyre, Baron Corbin, Finn Balor, Ali, Andrade, Sami Zayn, Randy Orton: I actually don't care for any of these guys winning.. again the WWE men division to me has grown stale. The smart thing is for Andrade or Sami to win it. Allow these guys to try and push into the belt contention to bring in some new blood up at that level. However: my prediction is that Drew McIntyre wins it for his long awaited push.

Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match feat. Alexa Bliss, Naomi, Natalya, Dana Brooke, Bayley, Mandy Rose, Ember Moon, Carmella: Alexa Blis wins and then catches it in iot defeat Becky later tonight for the RAW women championship.

Roman Reigns vs. Elias: Roman Reigns.. fast match
The Miz vs. Shane McMahon (Steel Cage Match): The Miz .. it is time for Shane to lose.
United States Championship -- Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio: Samoa Joe.. Rey is at the point of his career where he is suppose to make the other stars look good.

Cruiserweight Championship -- Tony Nese (c) vs. Ariya Daivari: I think Tony holds the belt .. this will be the early match
Women's Tag Team Championship -- The IIconics (c) vs. Asuka & Kairi Sane: I want Asuka and Kairi to win the tag team belt.. I think they will do a better job then IIconics.... but I predict IIconics to retain the belt and continue to fued with Askua and Kairi a little longer.
First Page Last Page
Page 285 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.