***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,770,694 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by safety guy
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
many thanks.
J182
AG
Raw will be in Austin on June 3 and Smackdown in Laredo on the 4th.
Olsen
AG
Quote:

The Wrap now reports that Turner is in advanced talks with AEW for a weekly TV show that would likely air on TNT. It was noted that the deal is "definitely not signed" and the talks are "pretty complex" but "not imminent." It is not a sure thing that AEW will be presented at the Upfronts.

The potential deal would see a weekly AEW TV series air on TNT, but AEW would also have a multi-platform existence. The Wrap noted that Turner's Bleacher Report Live platform would be "the most sensible outpost for the sports entertainment overflow."

It's also possible that the AEW TV show wouldn't be be year-round, indicating that the promotion may have plans for an off-season. The Wrap noted, "That would likely be a combination of the newness of the league and its desire to be more wrestler-friendly than rival WWE, which has a punishing schedule for talent."

The Wrap also reported that AEW's first big event, Double Or Nothing on May 25 from Las Vegas, is set to stream on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. It sounds like that could change as a streaming deal with a network is announced.

https://www.thewrap.com/members/2019/04/11/turner-aew-weekly-pro-wrestling-show/
jrod2181
According to a report from The Miami Herald, a student in Florida by the name of Gianny Sosa was arrested and charged with battery. According to the report, he tried to hit his high school principal, Humberto Miret, with an RKO. You can't make this stuff up! Of course, this is Randy Orton's finishing maneuver.

Sosa reportedly attempted to hit the move on Miret in the hallways of the school. As a result of the attack, he was arrested. Sosa's attorney is claiming that "the move can't be executed without someone else's assistance" and it shouldn't have resulted in the arrest of the student.
bigcat22
AG
Seems like there's a lot of drama going on backstage at WWE right now. Just read where Road Dogg resigned as co-lead writer for Smackdown Live with rumors that he "reached a breaking point" with Vince's script changes. Also see if floating around that Sasha Banks threanted to quit over the weekend as she did not want to drop the titles to ghe Iiconics or job to Bliss on Raw. Never been a fan of Banks but saw her and Bliss taking jabs at each other on twitter recently.
aTmLoKi
AG
bigcat22 said:

Seems like there's a lot of drama going on backstage at WWE right now. Just read where Road Dogg resigned as co-lead writer for Smackdown Live with rumors that he "reached a breaking point" with Vince's script changes. Also see if floating around that Sasha Banks threanted to quit over the weekend as she did not want to drop the titles to ghe Iiconics or job to Bliss on Raw. Never been a fan of Banks but saw her and Bliss taking jabs at each other on twitter recently.
Similarly, Bayley is frustrated as well. Both from Sean Ross Sapp.
bigcat22
AG
Any ideas who Rusev is referring to in this tweet? At first I was assuming Banks or Jax but saw that Ryback responded which is weird since he's be gone for a while now

TRM
AG
bigcat22 said:

Any ideas who Rusev is referring to in this tweet? At first I was assuming Banks or Jax but saw that Ryback responded which is weird since he's be gone for a while now

The Ryback response was hilarious. I think it's Banks given all her drama this past week.
dcaggie04
AG
I think it is toward Banks also. Especially since Jax is taking time off to get both her ACLs fixed.
J182
AG
Ambrose being advertised for tonight's superstar shakeup. Interesting to say the least.
J182
AG
Quote:

In what will be the groundbreaking faction's FINAL match together, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Universal Champion Seth Rollins will team up for a special event, The Shield's Last Chapter, streaming LIVE this Sunday, April 21, at 9:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. PT on WWE Network. Don't miss the legendary trio's final ride together in WWE.
Uh what
Scotty Flamingo
The Viking Experience...jesus Vince
chris1515
AG
It's like someone is intentionally trying to make dumb decisions.
Scotty Flamingo
Luke Harper requested his release. A massively underutilized talent. Hopefully we see him on AEW soon.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Just saw that and was coming here to post it. I always liked him
johnnyblaze36
AG
Came to post the same. I liked him more with the Bludgeon Brothers than the Wyatt Family really.

Geralt of Rivia
S
Take that back! The Wyatt Family was awesome and could have been the best faction since Evolution
toucan82
I see they're still desperate to get people to cheer for Reigns
bigcat22
AG
Just saw Buddy Murphy was added to SmackDown. Glad he's getting a shot on the main roster
Icecream_Ag
S
toucan82 said:

I see they're still desperate to get people to cheer for Reigns
at this point they need to go the Goldberg route with him and just have him squash a bunch of people without Talking. Take him back to shield Roman
zooguy96
Lars Sullivan sucks. His moves aren't "powerful" at all. His sniveling or whatever the hell he is doing sucks. He's not impressive at all. Just a repackaged Ryback without the attitude and at least a little style.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Considering he had mental health issues for a while, I give him a pass for now. Partially because I really want him to be the next monster
J182
AG
The Montreal Screwjob is pretty well documented, but I still love seeing things about it. This Viceland doc is pretty good if you have 45 min to watch.

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the-montreal-screwjob/5c1a9819be40777bca5f53bf
bigcat22
AG
J-Quob said:

The Montreal Screwjob is pretty well documented, but I still love seeing things about it. This Viceland doc is pretty good if you have 45 min to watch.

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the-montreal-screwjob/5c1a9819be40777bca5f53bf

Definitely plan on watching this. I was (and still am) a big HBK mark growing up. And related to this, in his return to Montreal in 2005, Michaels have one of the best heel promos of all time

J182
AG
I'm in the same boat. I remember watching his ladder matches with Razor and being a fan since then. As a ten year, getting to see him wrestle in person in Corpus was amazing. He went up against Austin (I think he was the Ringmaster at that point). Also, the Rock was there in his WWF debut. This was all a couple of weeks before WMXII. His whole lead up to that match was something I'll always remember. HBK will always be my all time favorite.
Scotty Flamingo
Looks like Punk made his return to wrestling

J182
AG
Confirmed that it was Punk. Wonder if he'll make an actual return to wrestling. I would imagine AEW would be very interested and that would give them a giant Wow factor.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/04/silas-young-confirms-cm-punk-wrestled-at-an-indie-event-in-653326/
Iowaggie
AG
Rousey taking a break, unknown if it will be permanent or not, while pregnant.

https://instagr.am/p/BwSiH8enwa2
Geralt of Rivia
S
In my opinion, she did a great job of helping increase the overall prestige of the women's division. Plus, her husband helped protect Bret Hart. Go have your babies
Bunk Moreland
The Viking Radiers?
Scotty Flamingo
Bunk Moreland said:

The Viking Radiers?

Better than viking experience
Scotty Flamingo
Also. Havent seen it..but Twitter is going ape **** over Bray's new gimmick. My friend said he is basically PeeWee Herman
TRM
AG
I'm interested to see how it goes. This evil Pee Wee Herman thing has some promise depending on creative and the execution.
Scotty Flamingo
Just watched it. I can give it a chance. A massive change to his character but still embodies Wyatt's creepiness.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't know how I feel about it, but I guess I can give it a shot
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.