***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,272 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by safety guy
J182
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Damn, apparently Ciampa needs neck surgery
Could be out anywhere from 6-14 months. Him and Aleister Black were two I was really looking forward to in the call ups.
Scotty Flamingo
J-Quob said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

Damn, apparently Ciampa needs neck surgery
Could be out anywhere from 6-14 months. Him and Aleister Black were two I was really looking forward to in the call ups.
I'm more disappointed that we won't get a payoff to the Gargano-Ciampa feud.
Scotty Flamingo
Kanyon was freaking awesome. This video is hilarious. It's a shame he never got a proper push. RIP

johnnyblaze36
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

It was early 1999. Sting vs Bret Hart was the main event, and Kanyon, DDP, Benoit, and Raven were all there
YES that's the one! Can't believe I forgot about DDP and the Hitman being there until you mentioned it. That was my junior year and first ever wrestling event. Was about ten rows up and had a blast.

edit: saw the Von Erich's at some kind of flea market or something when I was about five but I don't really count that.
J182
AG
Rousey getting wild.
Quote:

"I'm not going out there and doing their f--king act anymore. I'm going out there and doing whatever the hell I want. And they can explain it however they want, but ... f--k em. Everybody. WWE Universe included. I meant that. I'm going to disrespect the sport that they all love so much. 'Ohhhh don't break kayfabe Ronda!' Wrestling is scripted. It's made up. It's not real. None of those *****es can f--king touch me. The end."
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2824442-ronda-rousey-says-f-k-you-people-to-wwe-universe-calls-wrestling-made-up
bigcat22
AG
J-Quob said:

Rousey getting wild.
Quote:

"I'm not going out there and doing their f--king act anymore. I'm going out there and doing whatever the hell I want. And they can explain it however they want, but ... f--k em. Everybody. WWE Universe included. I meant that. I'm going to disrespect the sport that they all love so much. 'Ohhhh don't break kayfabe Ronda!' Wrestling is scripted. It's made up. It's not real. None of those *****es can f--king touch me. The end."
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2824442-ronda-rousey-says-f-k-you-people-to-wwe-universe-calls-wrestling-made-up
Becky and Charlotte respond...

J182
AG
I feel as though Rousey is legit mad, but also feel like she's playing it up more.

Really blurring what's real and what's not. This is just going to be a ratings draw for WWE.
Icecream_Ag
S
I wonder how many tweets like that the rock would have put out in his heel/face flipping days when he loved the people one week and hated them the next
Bunk Moreland
nah she's playing the part I think. Especially with the news that she is likely done after WM as she signed a 1 year contract.

She can leave for a while, have some kids which she's always wanted, then come back for a big run in a couple years.

Safe to say the Ronda/WWE experiment was a major win.
J182
AG
Oh for sure it was a major win. I say let her go full, balls to the wall, heel and just ride that wave. I was reading an interview with Meisha Tate saying that
Quote:

"It got under [Rousey's] skin. I know about this," Tate said during Wednesday's episode of "MMA Tonight" on SiriusXM. "You don't talk about her family, you don't talk about this, even if it's just a joke. She does not have a sense of humor, and therefore (expletive) got real. No, Ronda's pissed. Ronda's not joking. She's not playing games. She's not used to having to play by rules. She never had to before. Why is she going to now? She's already broken the rule with the F-word, saying some things are 'fake.' She's not a company woman. She never has been."
Again, just blurring the lines and I am loving it. WWE has been missing this lately.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Damn that Charlotte attack is pretty personal! If this is all a work it's a good one.
Bunk Moreland
Ronda's doing the job to set Charlotte & Becky both up to head the women's division while it gets ready for Smackdown on Fox in the fall. That's my guess. And Becky is definitely going over at WM.

Only question will be who is the face & heel between Charlotte & Becky after that.
Scotty Flamingo
As the late, great Eric Bischoff once said..."Controversy creates cash."
bigcat22
AG
I still think it's a bit of a work, but Meisha Tate knows Ronda very well and thinks she's legit pissed ag Becky Lynch. And for those who don't follow UFC, Meisha Tate was one of Ronda's big rivals in mma.

Lacy Evans is even jumping in on the issue

Scotty Flamingo
This is the CM Punk pipe bomb all over again. This has worked out exactly like wwe has wanted. I find it hard to believe that Ronda would still be employed if she actually went off script.
Scotty Flamingo
Also paige vanzant is hot

Ambres
AG
Ok boys here we go.. time for the last PPV before Wrestlemania

WWE FASTLANE 2019

WWE Championship
* Daniel Bryan (C) vs. Kevin Owens

RAW Women's Title Shot At WrestleMania 35
* Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair

6-Man Tag-Team Match
* The Shield vs. Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre & Bobby Lashley

WWE Women's Tag-Team Championships
* The Boss 'N' Hug Connection (C) vs. Nia Jax & Tamina

SmackDown Women's Championship
* Asuka (C) vs. Mandy Rose

RAW Tag-Team Championships
* The Revival (C) vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Chad Gable & Bobby Roode

SmackDown Tag-Team Championships

* (Winner) The Usos (C)
vs. The Miz & Shane McMahon - they had the great Shane and Jey in midair interception and some good spots.. but the end when Shane betrays Miz is what made it for me. This is setting up a good match between both men as you know they will bring it and could probably bring a match of the night kind of fight.

Kickoff Show Match (Pre-Show)
* (Winner) The New Day vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev - I was actually bored in this match.. nothing exciting and really didn't have a great story. I was more interested that they pulled Kofi before the match.. I was hoping that was going to lead to something.

Kickoff Show Match (Pre-Show) -- did this match actually happen. I don't remember this match during the kickoff show.?
* Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade
Bunk Moreland
Ronda surely dq's the women's SD title match which then gives the angle for a triple threat at wm right?
Ambres
AG
Bunk - yea this will end with a triple threat .. wierd my favorite wrestlers are leaving.. rumor is that the USOs are leaving after Wrestlemania
Geralt of Rivia
S
Yeah I read they want it to be set up as a triple threat just in case one of them gets hurt before Mania
Bunk Moreland
Ok so that sets up Shane v Miz at WM and somebody else will take the belts from the Usos
Ambres
AG
Cool. I like the idea of Miz vs Shane for WM. They can make a single match exciting to watch.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I like babyface Miz. Never thought I'd say that
Scotty Flamingo
Miz's dad's lack of emotion had me rolling
Geralt of Rivia
S
Mandy Rose
Geralt of Rivia
S
The dude that is always in the front row looks a lot more normal with a beard
J182
AG
Is that him? My gf and I are debating it. He doesn't seem as thin.
Ambres
AG
Ambres said:

Ok boys here we go.. time for the last PPV before Wrestlemania

WWE FASTLANE 2019

RAW Women's Title Shot At WrestleMania 35
* Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair

6-Man Tag-Team Match
* The Shield vs. Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre & Bobby Lashley

WWE Women's Tag-Team Championships
* The Boss 'N' Hug Connection (C) vs. Nia Jax & Tamina

RAW Tag-Team Championships
* The Revival (C) vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Chad Gable & Bobby Roode

WWE Championship
* Daniel Bryan (C) vs. Kevin Owens vs Kofi Kingston - wierd that they are doing the championship title so down in the card. Seriously think about htis.. they moved do below Nia Jax and Tamina match

SmackDown Women's Championship

* (Winner ) Asuka (C) vs. Mandy Rose - the ending doesn't make sense.. Mandy trips and gets knocked out by Asuka .. and all because Deville grabbed a kendo stick under the ring for no reason other then to trip Mandy.

SmackDown Tag-Team Championships
* (Winner) The Usos (C) vs. The Miz & Shane McMahon - they had the great Shane and Jey in midair interception and some good spots.. but the end when Shane betrays Miz is what made it for me. This is setting up a good match between both men as you know they will bring it and could probably bring a match of the night kind of fight.

Kickoff Show Match (Pre-Show)
* (Winner) The New Day vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev - I was actually bored in this match.. nothing exciting and really didn't have a great story. I was more interested that they pulled Kofi before the match.. I was hoping that was going to lead to something.

Kickoff Show Match (Pre-Show) -- did this match actually happen. I don't remember this match during the kickoff show.?
* Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm pretty sure it is, but I could be wrong
Geralt of Rivia
S
LET'S GO KOFI!!!
Bunk Moreland
According to Meltzer, Andrade & Rey have been added to the US title match
J182
AG
Kofi got added to the championship match. Triple threat. This should be a great match!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Oh snap
Ambres
AG
J-Quob said:

Kofi got added to the championship match. Triple threat. This should be a great match!
then maybe not... he gets to fight the Bar instead.
J182
AG
J-Quob said:

And we got swerved. Handicap match. The Bar (yaaaawn) vs Kofi.
First Page Last Page
Page 271 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.