***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,770,700 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by safety guy
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Im going to guess that Rollins/Reigns is a double dq or double pin or something
Good call by the way
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Sasha
Scotty Flamingo
You can tell creative has no plans for the wyatts because their return wasn't a surprise
Gin Rummy
quote:
Do those guys ever just shut the **** up? They ruin every big move by calling it right before a guy does it. And I guess the only time they don't do that, they get the move called wrong.

When you have an awesome intro like the Wyatt family they just blabber nonsense the entire time when they should be silent.

Good lord. This is my first year ever watching wrestling, as I'm following it will friend who has long been into it. All I know is the announcers are awful
The best wrestling happens in The Temple. Lucha Underground that is. And the announcers actually add to the show instead of hijacking it. If you're new to wrestling, give Lucha a shot, it's a great show (98% on Rotten Tomatoes) on top of having great wrestling. I have gotten back into the sport because of this show.

Seriously, watch this match at least. Yes it is a female match but I guarantee you will be hanging onto your seat by the end. Warning : language, blood, and epic story telling.
OCEN99
AG
Looks like Roman failed a drug test.
jrod2181
and now we know why they actually had him lose
Dan Scott
AG
That explains why he lost clean on Sunday
ShawnTxAg
AG
But not why they involved him the the next ppv main event story line!!
Geralt of Rivia
S
I dunno, if that was why he lost clean then I doubt they would have set up a triple threat match for the next PPV
Zombie
Wow. Vince's plan has backfired big time. Wonder how they play this off next week. Going to be tough to keep kayfabe on this. Does WWE come out and make an official announcement on TV?

Something odd about the timing of all this though....30 days from now will be the official draft on Smackdown.....
Geralt of Rivia
S
30 days from 2 days ago, so unless they let him back early then he won't be there for the draft.
Zombie
Good point. Still interested to see if they try to keep kayfabe or not. The fans are going to be ruthless on him when he comes back.
Iowaggie
AG
What is likelihood that Kurt Angle will be back in WWE by the draft?
Legal Custodian
AG
If they still allow him to wrestle in the triple threat match, let alone win it, I will be done. There's some "insiders" going around saying WWE knew before MitB. Hopefully that's not true, especially considering the double dq last night.
Dan Scott
AG
It'd be awesome if they use this as part of his heel run
Zombie
I cant see that as being true. Not with the triple threat match being made last night.
Legal Custodian
AG
Well that definitely makes me wanna watch Smackdown on Thursday to see what happens
Zombie
I doubt they address it Thursday (tonight). I have a feeling it will come up on Monday
Legal Custodian
AG
quote:
It'd be awesome if they use this as part of his heel run
Yeah, I think there's roughly two ways they can go.

1. Have it be Ambrose vs Rollins at Battleground, and Reigns comes in at the end to beat up the winner (Rollins). Then you see Ambrose's rematch be the original triple threat match and it be scheduled for SummerSlam. Pretty much act like nothing happened.

2. Turn Reigns heel on the Raw/Smackdown after Battleground and have him feud it out with someone big (read not title) until a match of his own at SummerSlam where he loses cleanly again. Then just midcard him for a bit before slowly building him back up, but you have to have him heel for a good year or so. Then face for a while in the mid card before pushing him again at the top of the card. I think that's the only way you can rehabilitate his character, and even then it might be too late.

Obviously my preference is for the second option to happen. The crowds will absolutely hate him so they might as well take advantage of that and finally turn him heel. Then make him earn his way to the top like they should have done from the beginning.
Zombie
In the 20+ years I have been watching, I have never seen them address steroids or PEDs as part of a storyline and I certainly can't see them doing it with Reigns.
Goodson
S
The "one good guy" (Cena) versus "the team of bad guys" (AJ and The Club) is growing tiresome.

If it's going to be a multiple player feud, give Cena some interesting partnership (Angle would work).

Mr.KyleReed
AG
Cruiserweight Classic Hosts, Daniel Bryan and Mauro Ranallo

https://www.wwe.com/shows/cruiserweightclassic/article/cruiserweight-classic-hosts-revealed
Scotty Flamingo
I'm really excited for this
ShawnTxAg
AG
I cant wait, one of my favorite parts of old school WCW was the cruiser weights from all over the world. The differing styles and plethora of moves they introduced to the main stream
Dan Scott
AG
They can turn Ronan into an anti establishment anti Cena badass.

On Monday Vince or HHH come out talking about how disappointed they are in Roman. Talk about how hard they pushed him despite the boos to turn him into the next Cena.

Roman then does a promo on Twitter on Vince and the fans like Hogan at Bash at the Beach making it his CM Punk pipe bomb.Says he did it Mcmahons way and McMahon promised him millions of dollars and lots of movies but Cena is the one doing the ESPY awards and getting movies. Then he tells the fans how he did everything right and you all still booed him so F U.

Then because Roman is suspended, he buys a ticket for Raw and causes some kind of disturbance in the crowd. WWE doesn't show him on TV but they acknowledge it like announcers doing at sporting events for a streaker. When Roman comes back he turns into a huge dewsh, part HBK, part NWO Hogan, and part Austin with how defiant he is to McMahon. Basically the opposite of Cena.

You the instantly have a Cena/Roman fued good vs bad. I think That'd be sweet.
Legal Custodian
AG
That's actually not that bad of an idea. I like it
Goodson
S
Except Cena has never been a "yes boy" for Vince.

I have a hard time understanding whether the anti Roman sentiments in the arenas are because of legitimate fan disdain (and if so, why) or if it's being orchestrated in arena by the WWE itself.
Wolfpac 08
AG
quote:
Except Cena has never been a "yes boy" for Vince.

I have a hard time understanding whether the anti Roman sentiments in the arenas are because of legitimate fan disdain (and if so, why) or if it's being orchestrated in arena by the WWE itself.

It's fan disdain bc he sucks on the mic, isn't that great of a wrestler and comes off as an un-likable d-bag.
dcaggie04
AG
It's fan disdain because he was pushed instead of Daniel Bryan. Once that originally happened, booing Reigns became the "cool" thing to do for the smark fans.
permabull
AG
Mr.KyleReed
AG
AggieLitigator
quote:
They can turn Ronan into an anti establishment anti Cena badass.

On Monday Vince or HHH come out talking about how disappointed they are in Roman. Talk about how hard they pushed him despite the boos to turn him into the next Cena.

Roman then does a promo on Twitter on Vince and the fans like Hogan at Bash at the Beach making it his CM Punk pipe bomb.Says he did it Mcmahons way and McMahon promised him millions of dollars and lots of movies but Cena is the one doing the ESPY awards and getting movies. Then he tells the fans how he did everything right and you all still booed him so F U.

Then because Roman is suspended, he buys a ticket for Raw and causes some kind of disturbance in the crowd. WWE doesn't show him on TV but they acknowledge it like announcers doing at sporting events for a streaker. When Roman comes back he turns into a huge dewsh, part HBK, part NWO Hogan, and part Austin with how defiant he is to McMahon. Basically the opposite of Cena.

You the instantly have a Cena/Roman fued good vs bad. I think That'd be sweet.

You book better angles than the wwe bookers
Dan Scott
AG
Thank you. This is the reality era they need to do more worked shoots. Kayfabe is dead and nothing feels real anymore. We need some heat.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I like the idea in general, but doing something like that might make some people think that the wellness policy shouldn't be taken seriously anymore.

If that had happened for a guy that was publicly announced as just being "suspended" for something (maybe like Titus earlier this year) then I think that would be a really interesting idea
Wolfpac 08
AG
What are the best Wrestling documentaries out there?

I just watched The Resurrection of Jake Roberts and it was great. Wrestling with Shadows is also one of the best I've ever seen.

Any other ones you guys suggest?
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.