Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,607,321 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by jokershady
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Honestly, they should just have Finn as being fed up with Rey ignoring/being oblivious to his affection and he turns to the darkside. (I know that will never happen)
Rey vs. Finn in a lightsaber fight. Finn dead in 2 seconds.
TCTTS
AG

double aught
AG
There's some truth in those captions.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Really my thought is Rey's story is about setting up a new church and she is Peter figure.

If Disney was bold they would make a story of Rey/Grogu/Ezra fighting over who is the legitimate Jedi voice. Echoing Peter vs Paul or the founding fathers arguing how to set up the Country. Get grounded back in all school conflicts and storytelling.

I think the business genius of the three movies they announced is you get:

1. Movies where you can have epic good be evil stories (Mangold)

2. Movies where you can get unlimited fan service to the old movies and EU (Mando movies)

3. Movies where you can do something new. (Rey).

If they get really clever they could tie them all together through broad themes.
Claude!
Dekker_Lentz said:

Really my thought is Rey's story is about setting up a new church and she is Peter figure.

If Disney was bold they would make a story of Rey/Grogu/Ezra fighting over who is the legitimate Jedi voice. Echoing Peter vs Paul or the founding fathers arguing how to set up the Country. Get grounded back in all school conflicts and storytelling.

I think the business genius of the three movies they announced is you get:

1. Movies where you can have epic good be evil stories (Mangold)

2. Movies where you can get unlimited fan service to the old movies and EU (Mando movies)

3. Movies where you can do something new. (Rey).

If they get really clever they could tie them all together through broad themes.
I love your optimism.
hunter2012
AG
Saw RotJ this weekend and it was indeed super awesome on screen, I know most of the fanbase likes ESB the best, but RotJ is and will forever be my favorite. From Chewy and the Ewoks turning the tide to Anakin's ultimate redemption the payoffs make it the best(IMHO). To celebrate the RotJ haters can have some Ewoks:

maroon barchetta
My favorite part is how those tiny Care Bears were able to hoist gigantic felled trees into the canopy of other trees and create booby traps for the smaller Imperial Walkers.

The same Care Bears that were scared of Leia's hat.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
maroon barchetta said:

My favorite part is how those tiny Care Bears were able to hoist gigantic felled trees into the canopy of other trees and create booby traps for the smaller Imperial Walkers.

all that fear of hats is what led them to create all the booby traps and hoist felled trees. If they hadn't been scared those walkers would have just waltzed right in and the galaxy would have been lost.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
TXAG 05
AG
hunter2012 said:

Saw RotJ this weekend and it was indeed super awesome on screen, I know most of the fanbase likes ESB the best, but RotJ is and will forever be my favorite. From Chewy and the Ewoks turning the tide to Anakin's ultimate redemption the payoffs make it the best(IMHO). To celebrate the RotJ haters can have some Ewoks:

Did they show the real version or the *******ized special edition?
hunter2012
AG
TXAG 05 said:

hunter2012 said:

Did they show the real version or the *******ized special edition?
People like to blame Disney for a lot of Star Wars recent failures, but Lucas cut the special edition. (It was the Special Edition).
YouBet
AG
hunter2012 said:

The Ewoks pictured here are f'ing bloodthristy insane looking. Like Chucky horror movie looking. Wish they had been like this in the movie.
redline248
AG
maroon barchetta said:

They built their villages way up in the trees. I'm sure they understand how pulleys work.
AliasMan02
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Most of the traps were there to fight off Gorax (Goraxes? Goraxi?). /retcon
hunter2012
AG
YouBet said:

hunter2012 said:

The Ewoks pictured here are f'ing bloodthristy insane looking. Like Chucky horror movie looking. Wish they had been like this in the movie.
I don't think we saw the same movie:
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
hunter2012 said:

YouBet said:

hunter2012 said:

I don't think we saw the same movie:

I'm actually more terrified of the lower picture. I'd much rather be stabbed to death by the former than "stabbed" to death by the latter.
ABATTBQ11
AG
TCTTS said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

No. They straight up said it was Mando 2.5 and a bridge between seasons before it even aired.

No, they didn't. There was a hunch that Mando *might* appear at some point during TBOBF, but neither Lucasfilm nor Disney said as much ahead of time, and it was surprising to just about everyone how and when he did finally show up. Going into the season, the feeling was that maybe Mando shows up late in the game to help Boba Fett out in some way, but no one had any idea there was going to be an entire storyline devoted to Mando and Mando alone, and that it would serve as a crucial, can't-miss bridge, never mind the Grogu (and Luke) of it all.

Oh?

https://collider.com/the-mandalorian-season-3-the-book-of-boba-fett-production-filming/

Favreau straight up said it was the next chapter of The Mandalorian, not that Din Djarin *might* show up

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/12/book-of-boba-fett-logo-rwb1/

It was very apparent to anyone paying attention.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/observer.com/2021/12/the-book-of-boba-fett-is-the-mandalorian-season-2-5/amp/

Even Ming Na Wen said she was 2 weeks into production before she realized it was a different show.
TCTTS
AG
You're a day late to the conversation.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I've been out and catching up

ETA And let's be honest, you're a bit uppity when it comes to anything entertainment because you're in the industry, but then crawfish and talk **** when your criticism is shown to be crap and proven wrong. You should have just owned it. YOU didn't know because YOU don't follow this. You haven't even watched most of the related material like Rebels and Clone Wars because I guess it's beneath you. Maybe practice a little humility moving forward.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

ETA And let's be honest, you're a bit uppity when it comes to anything entertainment because you're in the industry, but then crawfish and talk **** when your criticism is siren to be crap and proven wrong. You should have just owned it. YOU didn't know because YOU don't follow this. You haven't even watched most of the related material like Rebels and Clone Wars because I guess it's beneath you. Maybe practice a little humility moving forward.

I literally said, "I hear you, and there does look to be a decent amount I wasn't aware of." Since you apparently lack basic reading comprehension skills, that *is* me owning it. That said, I'm not completely backing down because, again, for the third time now, my overall point still rings true (that Lucasfilm did an objectively terrible job advertising the fact).
redline248
AG
every one dial it back
ABATTBQ11
AG
TCTTS said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

ETA And let's be honest, you're a bit uppity when it comes to anything entertainment because you're in the industry, but then crawfish and talk **** when your criticism is siren to be crap and proven wrong. You should have just owned it. YOU didn't know because YOU don't follow this. You haven't even watched most of the related material like Rebels and Clone Wars because I guess it's beneath you. Maybe practice a little humility moving forward.

I literally said, "I hear you, and there does look to be a decent amount I wasn't aware of." Since you apparently lack basic reading comprehension skills, that *is* me owning it. That said, I'm not completely backing down because, again, for the third time now, my overall point still rings true (that Lucasfilm did an objectively terrible job advertising the fact).

You literally said,
Quote:

I don't know what's sadder… that news being so obscure that it could only be found in random articles (i.e. not officially announced/marketed as such), or you taking the time to research and post all of that just to call me out.

What are they supposed to do, give you a full, official plot synopsis before the season? The creator of the show basically gave it away if you read his interviews.
redline248
AG
Bro, we already established that you are late to this conversation. move on
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor is incredible.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Don't make me send an Ewok to your house to hoist you into a tree.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
maroon barchetta
I've got a couple I need them to take down. Tell them to bring a stump grinder.
jeffk
AG
Ewok Tree Services
The Collective
AG
Who had this toy?
jeffk
AG
Why are they in the Keebler tree kitchen?
maroon barchetta
Those fudge stripe cookies aren't going to bake themselves.
Belton Ag
AG
The Collective said:

Who had this toy?

This is a repurposed weeble wobble treehouse. I had one when I was a tot. Not a Star Wars toy.

I doubt Wicket had a 1970's era swag lamp hanging in his tree hut.
AliasMan02
AG
I had the actual Ewok village and several Ewoks. Wicket eventually got eaten and stuck in my Rancor, forever.

They repurposed the Ewok village playset for the Prince of Thieves playset, years later.
double aught
AG
Rancor ate my Han Solo. I tried many times to save him but was only able to remove one arm. Pulled it out of the socket, as Han himself would say.
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
double aught said:

Rancor ate my Han Solo. I tried many times to save him but was only able to remove one arm. Pulled it out of the socket, as Han himself would say.

I threw our AT-AT in a fairly large pond as a kid. Flooded that same year... never recovered. RIP Empire.
First Page Last Page
Page 1201 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.