Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,607,509 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by jokershady
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

Apparently all six micro episodes of the abomination are now out on Disney+

each episode is 2:43-3:42 in length.

kids might love it, but i am definitely not the target audience for this. at least it was done in 15 minutes.

If you liked that, you're going to love this!

Life is better with a beagle
dave99ag
AG
It'll be a welcome change of pace from Spidey & Friends.
jeffk
AG
dave99ag said:

It'll be a welcome change of pace from Spidey & Friends.

SPIDEY AND HIS AMAZING

SPIDEY AND HIS AMAZING

SPIDEY AND HIS AMAZING

FRIENDS!!!
Madmarttigan
AG
I love Spider-Man but man I hate when my daughter watches that and super kitties. So bad.

Can y'all imagine how bad it was as a parent to watch Ewok adventures back in the day. Turned one on as an adult a while back and omg.
wangus12
AG
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor comes out tomorrow. Reviews (outside of performance issues) have been really good when talking about gameplay and story
JCRiley09
AG
I'm actually pretty excited for this one. Spidey was very successful in getting my son into marvel. He already likes Star Wars because I've indoctrinated him, but the SW shows available for a 4 year old to watch are limited. Glad there's something he can finally watch
sburg2007
I'm in the same camp as you.
redline248
AG
Madmarttigan said:

I love Spider-Man but man I hate when my daughter watches that and super kitties. So bad.

Can y'all imagine how bad it was as a parent to watch Ewok adventures back in the day. Turned one on as an adult a while back and omg.
My son found those on Disney+ one day. I was shocked how bad it was.

Same thing happened when I tried to show my kids the Gummy Bears. Wow.
jokershady
AG
JCRiley09 said:

I'm actually pretty excited for this one. Spidey was very successful in getting my son into marvel. He already likes Star Wars because I've indoctrinated him, but the SW shows available for a 4 year old to watch are limited. Glad there's something he can finally watch
so where does it fit on the timeline??????

redline248
AG
Look at that huge gap of nothing between Mandalorian and Force Awakens. We should definitely be given something in there. New characters, I would expect, but also recast Luke/Leia.
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

Madmarttigan said:

My son found those on Disney+ one day. I was shocked how bad it was.

Same thing happened when I tried to show my kids the Gummy Bears. Wow.
The Gummi Bear theme song ROCKED.

But it's not as good as the theme song for M.A.S.K., which I maintain could have been a top-10 pop hit in the late 80s.

redline248
AG
That theme song is an all timer, for sure
The Porkchop Express
AG
I don't dig this type of video game, but man do I love this commercial!

Brian Earl Spilner
canadiaggie
AG
I can't wait to play Jedi survivor tonight. Wish they had like 6 hour early access so we don't have to burn the midnight oil to play
AliasMan02
AG
Came here to post this. Biggest takeaway is Mark looks really good. Must have lost some weight.
The Porkchop Express
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Came here to post this. Biggest takeaway is Mark looks really good. Must have lost some weight.
he's got to be his photo-realistic best for 2027 Thrawn vs. Mando/Luke/Grogu/Bo Katan/Rebels/Ahoska
wangus12
AG
Jedi Survivor is legit
YouBet
AG
I didn't realize the character was actually based on a real human ginger.
Claude!
YouBet said:

I didn't realize the character was actually based on a real human ginger.
Well, ginger anyway.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Better without context.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Kids will watch anything…

Mine just watched all of the Ewok Adventures cartoon from back in the 80s… oh my, bad animation
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Just got back with my wife from seeing Return of the Jedi. That was a movie with a great beginning act and an even greater ending act, sandwiched around a big box of meh. The great in that movie does outweigh the meh.

Question that I have - I know that it was Death Star II upon which Rey goes looking for the Sith artifact thing in what was the Emperor's throne room. We also know that Death Star II was destroyed in orbit of Endor. I don't recall the name of the planet in The Rise of Skywalker, but I don't recall it being Endor, and I know there were no teddy bears running around in that movie. Was it Endor, which I suppose could be like the planet in Avatar where there are far different topographies depending on where you are on the planet, or was it explained how the remains of Death Star II ended up on this planet? Or is just another example of how f***ked up TROS was?

I will go see each of the prequels should they re-release at 40 years, but I have serious doubts that I would do the same for any of the sequels. Quality is one thing, but I'll also be at an age where someone might be wiping drool off my chin ...
The Porkchop Express
AG
The death star is orbiting a moon called Endor. Some of the Wreckage crashes on a planet in the same system.
Rex Racer
AG
From StarWars.com:

Quote:

KEF BIR

One of nine moons in the Endor system, the oceanic world of Kef Bir remains in the shadow of the famous Forest Moon where the Battle of Endor brought the Empire to its knees. After the explosion of the second Death Star, a massive fragment of the destroyed station was left peeking out from one of Kef Bir's oceans.
Red Five
AG
Strictly speaking the Death Star II is in orbit around a moon of the planet Endor, which is somewhat confusingly referred to as the "Forest Moon of Endor". Endor has several moons, and the one on which the Death Star's shield generator was located was a forested moon which seems to have generally also been referred to as Endor.

According to wookieepedia, the wreckage in TROS was on the "Ocean Moon of Endor" also called Kef Bir. I have no idea if that was in the movie or not as I can barely remember any of TROS.

As Porkchop said, the wreckage was scattered through out nearby space and landed on several different moons.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Thanks for the explanation!
TCTTS
AG
So, according to Jeff (who, again, is as dependable as they come, and I can personally vouch for)...

Damon Lindelof's version of the "New Jedi Order" movie was set 60 YEARS after The Rise of Skywalker, with a different, older actor playing Rey, the comp for which they were using was Helen Mirren (before having offered her the role) - who, in the face of a new, emerging threat, would have begun training two younger Jedi.

Apparently the script wasn't great, though, and it was at that point that Kennedy decided to switch to actually using Daisy Ridley herself, thus dialing the time period back 50-ish years. Lindelof presumably didn't want to go that route - or wasn't even afforded the opportunity - and so Steven Knight was then hired to execute the new vision.

As much as I love Lindelof... maybe we dodged a bullet? Or does Ridley coming back still feel "too soon"?

Starting at the 11:57 mark...

https://www.youtube.com/live/oXY3MVwyu8c
redline248
AG
Old ass jedi training a new hope? That would never work.

Seriously, though, thank God.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Red Five said:

Strictly speaking the Death Star II is in orbit around a moon of the planet Endor, which is somewhat confusingly referred to as the "Forest Moon of Endor". Endor has several moons, and the one on which the Death Star's shield generator was located was a forested moon which seems to have generally also been referred to as Endor.

According to wookieepedia, the wreckage in TROS was on the "Ocean Moon of Endor" also called Kef Bir. I have no idea if that was in the movie or not as I can barely remember any of TROS.

As Porkchop said, the wreckage was scattered through out nearby space and landed on several different moons.
When Star Wars Galaxies was first out 20 years ago, I would craft junk with my merchant and name it "Wreckage from Second Death Star" and put it on my vendors for $5 million credits. After I had sold about 20 of those, I got a real-life email from the management saying that wasn't allowed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YellowPot_97
AG
None of the theaters in BCS are showing Jedi
SpreadsheetAg
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

None of the theaters in BCS are showing Jedi

Not in Cape Town, South Africa either
bagger05
AG
SIAP - what version of Jedi are they showing? Special edition or OG? Probably going to see it either way but want to know if I need to mentally prepare myself for a Hayden Christensen force ghost.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
bagger05 said:

SIAP - what version of Jedi are they showing? Special edition or OG? Probably going to see it either way but want to know if I need to mentally prepare myself for a Hayden Christensen force ghost.
It is the most recent version of the special edition with Force ghost Hayden C at the end.
First Page Last Page
Page 1199 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.