Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,608,753 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by jokershady
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffk said:

I realize how silly it is for me to get excited to see a sassy droid from a cartoon in a trailer packed with wow moments, but I truly was.
Which, funny enough, before last week's Mandalorian, he was the only character from the main five that had appeared in any live action media. Any predictions on how many war crimes he commits in this one?
ChipFTAC01
AG
jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

CHOPPER!

"Thrawn thinks he is Heir to the Empire"

God bless you Dave Filoni.
The Porkchop Express
AG
jeffk said:

I realize how silly it is for me to get excited to see a sassy droid from a cartoon in a trailer packed with wow moments, but I truly was.

HEIR TO THE EMPIRE, HOOK IT INTO MY VEINS!!!!!!!!@@
Life is better with a beagle
kdm_01
AG
Yep, it's coming off of the bookshelf this weekend - has been forever since I read it!
redline248
AG
Did anyone get the impression at the end of Rise of Skywalker that Rey was planning on training more Jedi? I didn't
redline248
AG
I'm so excited about Ahsoka. Was she fighting that one guy in the world between worlds?
hunter2012
AG
redline248 said:

Did anyone get the impression at the end of Rise of Skywalker that Rey was planning on training more Jedi? I didn't
I don't think Daisy is bad for the role, but the decoherence in the New Trilogy killed her potential as a student of the lightside. I'll give the movie a shot IF it has good reviews from Star Wars fans/reviewers. Would still be nice to have her show some growth or flaws as a character to make her growth relatable. No more Avatar of the Force and Mary Sue extraordinaire.
The Porkchop Express
AG
kdm_01 said:

Yep, it's coming off of the bookshelf this weekend - has been forever since I read it!

I bought all 3 again a few years ago. I've never tired of those books.
The Porkchop Express
AG
English translation?
redline248
AG
He's just saying they didn't give the character any real struggle to overcome and she was a master at everything right away.
redline248
AG
I'm really digging into the Ahsoka trailer and my mind is racing. Is the old guy some disciple of Palpatine? Former Inquisitor? Or a Jedi Ahsoka knew back in the Clone Wars? Is she on Korriban in the opening shot?

That last droid design is out of KOTOR, isn't it? The one who says time to start over?
JCRiley09
AG
Will CGI Luke be in the Filoni movie?
ChipFTAC01
AG
redline248 said:

I'm really digging into the Ahsoka trailer and my mind is racing. Is the old guy some disciple of Palpatine? Former Inquisitor? Or a Jedi Ahsoka knew back in the Clone Wars? Is she on Korriban in the opening shot?

That last droid design is out of KOTOR, isn't it? The one who says time to start over?

The insane clone of a former Jedi Master lost kn the Outward Bound mission?
AliasMan02
AG
What is the pending WGA strike gonna do to all this?
gougler08
AG
redline248 said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen that droid in some type of animated show, but can't place which one
redline248
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

redline248 said:

The insane clone of a former Jedi Master lost kn the Outward Bound mission?
good call
hunter2012
AG
redline248 said:

He's just saying they didn't give the character any real struggle to overcome and she was a master at everything right away.
Thanks for putting it concisely. At this point it's a skeleton of a dead horse so I will no longer continue beating it.

The movie is a great opportunity to give Rey a second chance at development. For instance if she is a prodigy, great at everything, and she grew up as a scavenger isolated on Jaku, then make her socially awkward trying to teach the next generation of Jedi where she's learning how to be a teacher as much as her students learning from it. Being highly proficient and an isolated upbringing would alienate her from most other beings, show her growth through that. Make her relatable.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ray Winston's character isn't joruus cbaoth but definitely based on him. Just came to the realization that I've used joruus cbaoth in texts enough that my phone no longer thinks it's a typo
redline248
AG
Quote:

I've used joruus cbaoth in texts enough that my phone no longer thinks it's a typo
This is the way
ChipFTAC01
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Ray Winston's character isn't joruus cbaoth but definitely based on him. Just came to the realization that I've used joruus cbaoth in texts enough that my phone no longer thinks it's a typo

The extra U is for the clone-y part.
The Porkchop Express
AG
kdm_01 said:

Required summer reading for all good TexAggers.

The Porkchop Express
AG
Ahsoka is definitely fighting Ray Winstone's character in the World between Worlds in the trailer.

A shot from Rebels here

Probably the most excited I've been for something SW based on the trailer since the first full-length one for TFA with Han's speech about the Jedi.

I have to do some work but look forward to catching up with you guys later about this lovely day of news.

So much love for Rebels and Heir to the Empire, 2 of my favorite things ever.
lunchbox
redline248 said:

Huyang
The Porkchop Express
AG
Well actually one more post. In the first shot of Ahsoka's trailer, she's not using her hands to cut the hole in the rock, she is holding her lightsabers in place mid-air and cutting the hole that way.
redline248
AG
Thanks
The Porkchop Express
AG
Blurry and incomplete but 53 seconds of ANdor Season 2 trailer

The Porkchop Express
AG
48 seconds of Skeleton Crew trailer. Looks like Vane from current season of Mando is in it, and one of the kids is a baby Max Rebo!

Saxsoon
AG
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Rey's movie will be 40 years after Mando

Could Filoni movie set grogu up to cross paths with Rey 40 years later?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Same deal, Acolyte

hunter2012
AG
Saxsoon said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now we're thinking with World Between Worlds.
The Porkchop Express
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Same deal, Acolyte

And I think that's Carrie Ann Moss as the Jedi in the fight.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Moff Gideon comes out dressed to be in Mary Poppins

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS said:

I take it to mean more of an overall steward/glue guy. Not quite a Feige type, but more of James Gunn type; a creative who will help oversee the overall story/vision, but also someone who will write and direct when compelled, starting with whatever this new project is. Which, if I had to guess, MIGHT be some kind of Avengers-esque culmination movie that sees Mando, Bo, Ahsoka, etc all teaming up together. If they're shifting all of the focus to that particular time period/story, that's what would make the most sense to me, but who knows.

Been saying this for years. Love it.

Also, Sabine is super hot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
kdm_01
AG
Saxsoon said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Set how many years the sequels are we thinking?
First Page Last Page
Page 1191 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.