Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,609,586 Views | 45379 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by redline248
sburg2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anyone on here going to Celebration? I loved last years pics and inside insight
twilly
AG
Couldn't go this time. New job this year.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
The Porkchop Express
AG
sburg2007 said:

Is anyone on here going to Celebration? I loved last years pics and inside insight
Going to the next one in '25 assuming it's in the US
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same. See you there.
AliasMan02
AG
Random thought, as AliasGirl42's favorite Star Wars character is, somewhat concerningly, Kylo Ren.

He has this cool "Force hold" power that he uses twice in TFA, but NEVER again? Not even fighting the Praetorian Guard or the Knights of Ren? Is that right?

That's disappointing.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Same. See you there.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Same. See you there.

I would pay to watch this meeting in person.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Random thought, as AliasGirl42's favorite Star Wars character is, somewhat concerningly, Kylo Ren.

*Gasp* You let your kids watch the sequel trilogy?

AliasMan02
AG
Mostly we read a lot of 5-minute Star Wars stories at bedtime.
Ornithopter
AG
There was no rhyme or reason to the Force in the sequels.

Or hyperspace.

Or many other things.
fig96
AG
Really across any of the films. Once you see what a Jedi can truly do and as we get exposed to it more in the animated properties, it seems like something dramatically underused as a whole.

The 2D Clone Wars series Mace Windu episode was the first time I was like "yes, this is how they're supposed to be!"
redline248
AG
Well, that was a bit on the broken side of force powers. Just like the main character bringing down a star destroyer with the force in Force Unleashed.

Just ridiculous
The Porkchop Express
AG
It's about to get real dusty in here for my fellow Rebels' fans who don't mind a small potential spoiler.

According to the Lego previews for Ahsoka, Jacen Syndulla, son of Kanan and Hera, is in the show, probably around 11 years old.
Life is better with a beagle
jokershady
AG

It's about to get real dusty in here for my fellow Rebels' fans who don't mind a small potential spoiler.

According to the Lego previews for Ahsoka, Jacen Syndulla, son of Kanan and Hera, is in the show, probably around 11 years old.
ABATTBQ11
AG

Hard to believe Kanan and Hera found time to get down without anyone else noticing. Also, kids who watch Rebels will look back one day and think, "Wait a minute..."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well that certainly makes it clear what the thing in the spoiler tags is.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I didn't even think about that...
jokershady
AG
im assuming this has been brought up before but i haven't seen it.....is Rey gonna end up being a bad guy? at least at some point??

palpatine literally says, "kill me and my power will pass on to you" in tRoS....and that's exactly what she does....

so she gonna be a baddie in another movie that has to get "saved" at some point?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
She did make a yellow-bladed lightsaber at the end of TROS, which I think I've read indicates ambiguity as for Light or Dark Side.
The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

im assuming this has been brought up before but i haven't seen it.....is Rey gonna end up being a bad guy? at least at some point??

palpatine literally says, "kill me and my power will pass on to you" in tRoS....and that's exactly what she does....

so she gonna be a baddie in another movie that has to get "saved" at some point?
It's the whole "kill me in anger" speech that he gives Luke. Rey doesn't kill him in anger. She uses the light side of the Force to defeat him.
jeffk
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

She did make a yellow-bladed lightsaber at the end of TROS, which I think I've read indicates ambiguity as for Light or Dark Side.

Is there any canonic source for lightsaber colors indicating force alignment? (Other then red being dark side.)
AliasMan02
AG
jeffk said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Is there any canonic source for lightsaber colors indicating force alignment? (Other then red being dark side.)

No. Lots of Legends stuff and even then more about outlook and area of emphasis than alignment.

Yellow is canonically typically reserved for Temple Guards, but not exclusively.
jeffk
AG
And the certain colors are reserved for certain jobs thing never really mades sense to me with the whole the crystal chooses the Jedi theme either.
AliasMan02
AG
jeffk said:

And the certain colors are reserved for certain jobs thing never really mades sense to me with the whole the crystal chooses the Jedi theme either.

I'm not sure on this but I've always assumed the Temple Guards had previous careers and had normal lightsabers, but when becoming guards they are handed down special sabers or crystals.
jeffk
AG
Ah, so temple guards are the mall cop Jedis?
jeffk
AG
I do appreciate that Samuel L. Jackson basically opened up whole new worlds of lightsaber colors to the universe.
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
Paul Blart, Jedi
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02
AG
New X-Wing from Lego for Star Wars Day

redline248
AG
idgaf what anyone says, the X-Wing is still the coolest spaceship ever created in sci fi
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

idgaf what anyone says, the X-Wing is still the coolest spaceship ever created in sci fi
If I could be a minor character in a Star Wars movie and get just one line of dialogue, "Lock X-Foils into attack position" would be pretty high on my list.
TCTTS
AG
As far as new, live-action footage/news goes, it seems the two panels at Celebration this weekend to pay attention to will be...

Friday, April 7, 2023
Lucasfilm Studio Showcase - 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM GMT (5:00 AM - 6:30 AM Central)
"Star Wars Celebration returns, launching with a must-see showcase that will kick the weekend's festivities into hyperdrive. Lucasfilm's current crop of live-action filmmakers will be joined by special guests to discuss the many current and upcoming Star Wars adventures, including The Mandalorian, Andor, and more!"

Saturday, April 8, 2023
Ahsoka - 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM GMT (5:00 AM - 6:00 AM Central)
"Join Executive Producers Dave Filoni, Jon Favreau and special guests for a look at the upcoming Disney+ series, 'Ahsoka.'"

A number of us will likely still be asleep during the panels themselves, but it sounds like we'll at least be waking up to footage/news both days.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Im admittedly a big fan of his, but he was actually great in Solo. If we are lucky they drop the droid love story side plot
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

X-Wing
Millenium Falcon
Swoop bike, even though its not a spaceship
YouBet
AG
PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

Im admittedly a big fan of his, but he was actually great in Solo. If we are lucky they drop the droid love story side plot
Was he terrible in other stuff? I only know him in Solo where he sometimes sounded like Billy Dee but most of the time did not.
First Page Last Page
Page 1188 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.