Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,611,439 Views | 45382 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by YouBet
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Andor is just fantastic storytelling and filmmaking...oh and it's Star Wars too.
Saxsoon
AG
Nvm, it was bad wording on Favreau's part
TCTTS
AG
Careful! I posted this news in the Mando S3 thread and am currently getting chastised for not posting only sunshine and rainbows.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Careful! I posted this news in the Mando S3 thread and am currently getting chastised for not posting only sunshine and rainbows.
I do think after I read more and listened again that he is talking about us as an audience (assuming you skipped Boba) but I have no clue. The many years comment is also weird
redline248
AG
You are so sensitive
TCTTS
AG
Nope. Just calling out the double standard.
Saxsoon
AG
I will say this for Favreau in his defense. If he really did say that, until it is canonized in the show, then it didn't happen. I have a favorite author who very often is asked timeline questions on the spot at various pods/conventions for a big universe he has built, and has said in the past that he had to retcon what he said but never officially wrote down. Stuff is said in the moment and Favreau could have been speaking more from his experience but it came across as in universe.
redline248
AG
The way the show is made, there is just no way to really know how much time passes. S1 was kind of mission of the week, right? Probably a good chunk of time passes just from tracking, capturing, returning bounties...not to mention how long it actually takes to craft armor. I suppose an expert Beskar smith could turn a block into helmet in a matter of.....hours? Yeah, probably not.

Then, S2 you're kind of all over the place. How do you find a Jedi in a Galaxy that is basically empty of them? That sh-t probably did take a long time.

I have no real way to justify any passage of time in Boba Fett. After he helps Din on that one planet he would have had to come back for Fennec before going and killing Fat Bib, but say a week tops for all that to happen. Then wrangle up is cyperpunk posse, do a little shmoozing around town before all the gangster violence gets going? Maybe a few months? 2 years does seem like a big stretch
TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

I do think after I read more and listened again that he is talking about us as an audience (assuming you skipped Boba) but I have no clue. The many years comment is also weird

Here's the exact quote...

"And then we know that [Grogu's] been rescued and spent many years with the Mandalorian, went back with Luke, now we've been two years apart from him there, training."

Yeah, the "many years with the Mandalorian" thing is pretty definitive. He's definitely not talking about the audience there. And even though he says "we've been two years" in the second part, the way he ends the sentence with "training" is confusing because it implies that Grogu was training for two years, not that it's been two years since we last saw him. Especially since that was only a year ago for us.

Either way, I didn't post it to call out Favreau (that was in response to another post). I posted it because it's legit confusing, to the point where I'm wondering if I need to watch the series differently going forward. Because it felt like only days had passed between most episodes, but if months are passing between, without any indication, it affects their bond, Grogu's relationship with Luke, potential flashback fillers, etc. It's just weird, that's all.
PatAg
AG
Its definitely not clear from watching the show, but good to know
Saxsoon
AG
I definitely was not on the wavelength of YEARS
redline248
AG
Quote:

Because it felt like only days had passed between most episodes
This is kind of what I talked about, above. We probably do need to adjust our perception of time. Another example, when Din meets Kuiil and has to learn to ride that animal. No way he did that in a few hours...though when you put it in a montage it feels like it.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. Agreed.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I listen to a lot of Star Wars music. This one has been on repeat lately. Fantastic.

The Porkchop Express
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

I listen to a lot of Star Wars music. This one has been on repeat lately. Fantastic.

Those last episodes for both Dooku and Ahoska are remarkable.
Life is better with a beagle
Not a Bot
AG
Rumors that Kennedy is on the way out, Favreau dropped Kylo Ren's helmet from the opening sequence to Mandalorian. Possible plan to "forget" the 7,8,9 trilogy and reboot.

AliasMan02
AG
Not a Bot said:

Rumors that Kennedy is on the way out, Favreau dropped Kylo Ren's helmet from the opening sequence to Mandalorian. Possible plan to "forget" the 7,8,9 trilogy and reboot.

Why do you people keep feeding these clickbaiters?

I mean... You know the helmets are always different and geared toward the series, right?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Not a Bot said:

Definitely good strategy to forget the movie that made $936 million domestically.
Life is better with a beagle
cbr
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Not a Bot said:

Definitely good strategy to forget the movie that made $936 million domestically.
Just because fans went to see it once because it had a sw label on it, and kids with no idea of plot keep seeing and buying ****, doesnt mean they shouldnt 'fade' that trash out of the 'canon' or whatever people call it. Just ignore that **** and let 5 year olds watch it on tv now and then.
AliasMan02
AG
That's idiotic. They've spent billions of dollars and a decade in this era. By all reports, the next movie they're developing even takes place in the sequel era. They're not going to erase it and start over.
TCTTS
AG
Not a Bot said:

DOOMCOCK. IS. A. CLICKBAIT. GRIFTER.

DOOMCOCK. IS. NEVER. NOT. FULL. OF. SH*T.

How many times do we have to say this???

How many times has he said Kennedy is on the way out over the years and it's never happened???

JFC, stop linking to/quoting this assh*le.

I wish TexAgs could sensor embeds from that channel like they sensor language.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Not a Bot said:

How many times has he said Kennedy is on the way out over the years and it's never happened???

I suspect that, programmatically, they can. Your statement should swap 'could' for 'would'.
AliasMan02
AG
What sucks is eventually Kennedy will be replaced or, more likely, retire or take a lesser role. She's nearly 70. And when it happens, even if it's on her own terms, the Doomclocks of the world will crow and claim some sort of victory.
redline248
AG
Here's a free tip for some. As long as Rise of the Resistance is a popular ride at the Disney parks, and Kylo Ren and First Order stormtroopers are walking around interacting with guests, the sequels aren't going anywhere.
TCTTS
AG
Good point. Not to mention, The Mandalorian is clearly building toward establishing the First Order + some kind of eventual Snoke connection/reveal with the cloning subplot.
redline248
AG
That feels like a reeeeeeeal slow burn, though
TCTTS
AG
True, but they wouldn't be heading in that direction at all if the sequel trilogy was being scrubbed from existence.
Not a Bot
AG
We have to hold out some hope, man. The story and characters deserved better than what they got. I've never wanted something to be retconned more than 7-9. Call it a Legend. Make it a weird dream. Something.

He can tell me a lie as long as it's something I can cling to.

TCTTS
AG
This is how fans of Info Wars talk about Alex Jones.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Not a Bot said:

ABATTBQ11
AG
TCTTS said:

This is how fans of Info Wars talk about Alex Jones.

No, they're true believers. Everyone else is in on the conspiracies or too stupid to see the truth
AliasMan02
AG
Not a Bot said:

We have to hold out some hope, man. The story and characters deserved better than what they got. I've never wanted something to be retconned more than 7-9. Call it a Legend. Make it a weird dream. Something.

He can tell me a lie as long as it's something I can cling to.

Even if you didn't like the sequels,

1. They're here to stay
2. They are fertile ground that will eventually yield great fruit in the same way TCW, Rebels, Bad Batch, and Mando grew from the prequels
ABATTBQ11
AG
I gotta disagree. They tried to set themselves up for, "A Star Wars Story," sequels, and they've been basically abandoned because the sequels are so widely viewed as trash. The prequels weren't great, but they had solid plot and storylines from which to draw The sequels were a ****ing mess.
redline248
AG
They basically have to invent a new evil since ALL THE SITH are now destroyed
TCTTS
AG
The next theatrical movie, from Damon Lindelof, which will likely be announced at Celebration next month, will take place after the sequel trilogy and is rumored to be using one to a few characters from the sequel trilogy. Combine that with the fact that, again, The Mandalorian is setting up the First Order, and potentially even Snoke, Lucasfilm isn't "abandoning" the sequel trilogy at all. That, and it's only been a little over three years since it ended. They will absolutely capitalize and build upon what little fans liked/what they can squeeze from the sequel trilogy, wherever they can.
First Page Last Page
Page 1178 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.