Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,639,921 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TCTTS
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

I may or may not be pitching this idea tomorrow to someone who's pitching ideas to Lucasfilm, who Lucasfilm wants to work with...

TCTTS
AG
Decided to put it down on paper first, so currently writing a little two-pager, and will send it to him in the next couple days, then will talk after he reads. Just tested positive for Covid, though, and I feel like sh*t, so it might be this weekend before I can finish. Will let you guys know when/if I hear anything…
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Decided to put it down on paper first, so currently writing a little two-pager, and will send it to him in the next couple days, then will talk after he reads. Just tested positive for Covid, though, and I feel like sh*t, so it might be this weekend before I can finish. Will let you guys know when/if I hear anything…

Dang it. Sorry to hear that.

A few people I know that had it recently got through the initial symptoms quickly but had lingering fatigue and brain fog and just no stamina when they did feel like doing something. Got winded easily.

Hope you have a mild case.
TCTTS
AG
I appreciate it. Yeah, it's not too bad so far, thankfully. Had chills late last night and woke up with a headache. Feeling a little more achy as the day progresses, but hopefully this is the extent of it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Life is better with a beagle
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

I appreciate it. Yeah, it's not too bad so far, thankfully. Had chills late last night and woke up with a headache. Feeling a little more achy as the day progresses, but hopefully this is the extent of it.

The timing of this makes me think it's karma paying you back for not providing my brothers with any feed back after they pitch you some ideas.

TCTTS
AG
Ha, I have zero recollection of this, but apologize if so. That said, people are constantly pitching me stuff and I can't keep track of it all, especially if they used an email I hardly ever check, since I would never give out my real one on here.
TCTTS
AG
It's not super formal. One of my business partners is a literally manger who reps a number of writers. One of his clients writes for/produces a big hit show I'm sure many of you watch, he's started directing lately, is getting a lot of buzz, and Lucasfilm wants to meet with him to talk SW ideas. Date TBD. I told him I have an idea, he wants to hear it, but we're in no rush. Will have him something to him by this weekend though, and go from there.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, I have zero recollection of this, but apologize if so. That said, people are constantly pitching me stuff and I can't keep track of it all, especially if they used an email I hardly ever check, since I would never give out my real one on here.
Easy solution...start a TexAgs thread and call it "Pitch TCTTS movie or show ideas"

Add 3 to 5 asterisks, if needed
Duncan Idaho
It was from this
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3135297

Any way. Feel better
Decay
AG
Thread fail.

Need to call it OFFICIAL
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

It was from this

Any way. Feel better

Yeah, we get so many random submissions through that form now that I bet I forgot and then didn't even read it. 99% of the submissions are terrible, so I don't even bother anymore. Sorry.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

Duncan Idaho said:

It was from this

Any way. Feel better

Yeah, we get so many random submissions through that form now that I bet I forgot and then didn't even read it. 99% of the submissions are terrible, so I don't even bother anymore. Sorry.
more terrible than this?

TCTTS
AG
You'd be surprised.
redline248
AG
I often wonder how hard it is to come up with a decent movie plot. Not good or great, but just ok. Hell, it might be hard to come up with a terrible idea.
twilly
AG
Apparently slow chase scenes sell really well at LFL. Make sure to add several for guaranteed success!!!
TCTTS
AG
Done.
The Porkchop Express
AG
The joy of introducing your "I'm not a Star Wars fan" kid to Star Wars Galaxies because she's a gamer and having her exclaim, "Daddy, come here! It's the Millennium Falcon!"

The Porkchop Express
AG
Comic updates from the galaxy far, far away.

10-issue Yoda series starts in November.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just sat down to watch Rogue One.

Ready to see Vader body some fools.
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

IMAX?
hunter2012
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Same, the hallway scene alone is worth the $16 ticket.
The Collective
AG
Man, I wish I could go back and enjoy the last 20 minutes of Rogue One for the first time again. What a close.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You know it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I never got to see it in the theater

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Now's your chance to correct that!
YNWA_AG
AG
I don't know why they re-released this in imax since it has no imax scenes.

It is still so dang good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Probably cause there's no blockbusters right now taking up theaters and it's easy money before Andor.

My theater was about 45% full and got some applause at the end.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Wife took a girls trip this weekend, so on the basis of of these last few posts, I just fired up R1. This after Top Gun Maverick and The Batman. First time to watch this one in probably 4 years.

Edit - best movie I watched last night was Rogue One. I don't often get these solo nights like last night, really enjoyed just sitting on the couch and watching these movies with the sound turned up. My wife yells at me when it's "too loud".
double aught
AG
Has someone posted this yet? I giggle every time.

PatAg
AG
I wonder how differently the movie would be viewed if it didnt end with Vader wrecking shop.
I think it was quite good without it, but it was usually the first thing people mention.
redline248
AG
PatAg said:

I wonder how differently the movie would be viewed if it didnt end with Vader wrecking shop.
I think it was quite good without it, but it was usually the first thing people mention.
I'll just say this...I've watched the movie maybe once since the theater.

I've watched the Vader hallway scene at least 50 times
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

PatAg said:

I'll just say this...I've watched the movie maybe once since the theater.

I've watched the Vader hallway scene at least 50 times
Decay
AG
The Vader scene is an all-timer.

The rainy xwing battle, the orbital battle, the insurgent attacks in Jeddah, watching the Death Star nuking cities, and everything on Scarif is still great.
TCTTS
AG
Random question…

Are there any instances in the animated series, or official books, comics, etc of any Jedi essentially falling from grace, so to speak, yet not being outright kicked out of the Order, but instead being sent to some form of Jedi "rehab"? Like, is there a place or a planet where Jedi are sent to center themselves should they stray from the path in any way? I'm not talking about dabbling with the Dark Side (though I guess that's not out of the question), but more, say, having been tempted by the flesh and/or engaging in a sexual relationship, drinking, abusing Jedi powers, continually being at odds with the Jedi Council, etc. Basically, is there canon protocol for wayward Jedi, and if so, has it ever involved them being sent to a specific location, almost like the Jedi equivalent of rehab, AA, or SAA?
First Page Last Page
Page 1141 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.