Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,639,904 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TCTTS
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
edited for PatAg's good point.
Life is better with a beagle
jokershady
AG
Do you still have the video?
The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

Do you still have the video?
I do, but my face is on it, and while this remains my favorite thread on Texags, there's no ****ing way I'm putting it up here.
Stewade
Staff
AG
jokershady said:

Agreed I always thought the images were weird and it did put me off for a bit. Now that Spilner posted the deal with Boba Fett now I want to find every video this guy has done for films I've seen…..dude is nails
Good news: this will be easier to do...because of the thumbnails.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Stewade said:

jokershady said:

Agreed I always thought the images were weird and it did put me off for a bit. Now that Spilner posted the deal with Boba Fett now I want to find every video this guy has done for films I've seen…..dude is nails
Good news: this will be easier to do...because of the thumbnails.
Super easy! Barely an inconvenience!
tk for tu juan
Playlist Screen Rant Pitching Meeting

New Pitch Meeting Channel
The Porkchop Express
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Playlist Screen Rant Pitching Meeting

New Pitch Meeting Channel
Ryan George (the guy) says Pitch Meeting was inspired by John Mulaney's bit about pitching Back to the Future.

Oops there's a cuss word in the thumbnail. Here's the link. NSFW obviously

PatAg
AG

You may have already said too much with how some people on here operate.
Cool story though
The Porkchop Express
AG
nm
maroon barchetta
Malachi Constant said:

TCTTS said:

Right there with you guys. I never clicked on a single one of those videos because I assumed they were cartoons or something. I finally got curious, and love them now, but I guarantee you that guy would get even more clicks if he stopped doing the googly eyes in the embed images.
There is an entire "art" to "thumbnailing" your YouTube video.

Veritasium talks about it here:

Actually pretty fascinating.

Rick Beato has mentioned the thumbnailing aspect of YouTube in the past. It's weird.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just grabbed my Rogue One ticket for next Friday.
jokershady
AG
Well this kinda stinks was looking forward to more animae and Star Wars mash ups

jokershady
AG
good news KOTOR fans....a few weeks ago (or longer) some news was released that development was put on an indefinite hold due to the quality of work Aspyr was showing for this game....

Now it appears the studio responsible for the game has been shifted to someone new and development has started again.

Video is under a minute

SpreadsheetAg
AG
I am curious why they couldn't make a full movie based on the cutscene artwork as pictured above. I'd watch the hell out of that...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Outside of the OT and Rogue One, KOTOR is the strongest Star Wars story arc, hands down.
bluefire579
AG
Theoretically you could. You wouldn't want the game studio to do so, of course, because they don't have the rendering power to make more than a couple of minutes of footage in a reasonable amount of time, but it could certainly be outsourced to an animation studio (or Disney could obviously spin one up of their own). The biggest issue always comes with adapting a narrative designed for interactivity and choice into a linear plot that flows well enough to fit within a two hour movie.

Regarding the game, it's interesting to see outlets reporting that the delay won't happen anymore. Given what was reported about the state of the project, ramp up time, and general size of the game, I'd still bet we don't see it until 2024 at the earliest. Also hope that unlike Aspyr, the studio they shifted it to has experience with both PS5 and building an open world RPG from scratch, or we might see a similar issue down the line.
The Porkchop Express
AG
If they don't hurry the eff up with the KOTOR movie, Ron Pearlman is going to be too old to play Canderous.

And so, I'll start the topic again for the fans. Cast your KOTOR dream cast:

Revan (male or female):
Bastilla
Carth
Malak
MIssion
Canderous
Jolee Bindo
Juhani (alive or slaughtered in the grove)
Voice of HK-47

Can have new Chewbacca guy play Zalbaar.

Seems like you could do a locked in Revan trilogy with little problem and massive fan reaction

Movie 1: Revan and Malak become Jedi, fight in the war with the Mandalorians. Jolee Bindo can be in this one, and Bastilla as a Padawan, and the Jedi Council. Canderous can be the touch point on the Mando side of things. Movie ends with Mandos defeated but something calling out to Revan/Malak.

Movie 2: They pursue into the unknown regions, encounter the Sith Emperor, fall to the Dark Side, find the Star Forge, movie ends with the Bastilla vs. Revan fight and Malak turning on Revan, show some of the other characters and their roles during this time - introduce Carth and have him get betrayed by Saul, Bastilla convincing the council to redeem Revan, Jolee goes into exile.

Movie 3: The game come to life. Bastilla gets sent to Taris and kidnapped, Carth and the re-activated Revan rescue her - hopefully with a lot less effort than in the game, I swear I was on Taris for 3 years the first time I played it. They hook up with Canderous to get off Taris, go on the quest to find all the Star Maps, you get sensational looks at Manaan and the deep jungle of Kashyyk and old school Tatooine and bad-ass Sith Tomb Korriban. I mean, as I write it, this could totally be 2 movies. Or make there only 2 or 3 star maps, or whatever.

I really don't get why they won't do it, especially with hugely popular the Mandalorian is. Have a movie with giant battle scenes between Jedi and Mandalorians? Print your own damn money.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Great post! Nice story to movie split out.

I will need to think more on desired casting.
MGS
Voice of HK-47 - Alan Tudyk
wangus12
AG
Jolee Bindo - Djimon Hounsou

The Porkchop Express
AG
wangus12 said:

Jolee Bindo - Djimon Hounsou

Only if he does this at the Revan reveal

bluefire579
AG
I think the girl who played Kamala Khan in Ms Marvel would be great as Mission.

Emilia Clarke has the presence and at this point is probably about the right age to place Bastila.

I'd keep the original voice actor for HK-47, I can't imagine anyone else doing that role, and luckily, you don't need someone who matches a particular look or frame.

I'd have to put more thought into the others
wangus12
AG
Alexander Skarsgard as Malak
heddleston
AG
James Marsden as Carth
wangus12
AG
Revan: Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Bastila: Emilia Clarke
Carth Onasi: Richard Armitage
Malak: Alexander Skarsgard
Mission: Angourie Rice (Betty Brant from the new SM movies) or Chlo Grace Moretz
Canderous: Ron Pearlman (Stephen Lang if Pearlman can't do it)
Jolee Bindo: Djimon Hounsou
Juhani: Tilda Swinton
HK-47: Mark Hamill

The more I think about it, the more I want Felicity Jones as Bastila though.
redline248
AG
Can you imagine the confusion for some fans if they used Emilia or Felicity in another star wars movie?
The Porkchop Express
AG
If Tilda Swinton is Juhani. I definitely need revan/ o cleanse the Grove.
redline248
AG
Here's my completely over-thought and random list

Revan - Richard Armitage
Bastilla - Alicia Vikander
Carth - Edgar Ramirez
Malak - Michael Fassbender
MIssion - Kathryn Newton
Canderous - Josh Brolin
Jolee Bindo - Chiwetel Ejiofor
Juhani - Florence Pugh (definitely gonna live)
Voice of HK-47 - Chris Pratt
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Making of doc on 9/8.
The Collective
AG
So, in this scene - we shook the hell out of the camera to make it feel more intense.
Malachi Constant
AG
And here is where we coached three grown adults to stumble over themselves to really sell that a 9-year-old could escape capture in an open environment.
dave94
AG
Malachi Constant said:

And here is where we coached three grown adults to stumble over themselves to really sell that a 9-year-old could escape capture in an open environment.
Good lord, some of you just can't let this go!
TCTTS
AG
These responses are better than the show itself.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Making of doc on 9/8.
Looks fantastic, can't wait to watch!
YouBet
AG
dave94 said:

Malachi Constant said:

Good lord, some of you just can't let this go!

Never forget!
First Page Last Page
Page 1139 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.