Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,639,994 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TCTTS
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anakin approaches the locker of his best friend's older sister, who he's had a crush on for years.

Sister: Ani? My goodness, you've grown.
Anakin: So have you, grown more beautiful .. for a fifth grader, I mean.
Sister: Ani, you'll always be that little boy who pissed his pants at Chuck E. Cheese that time.

Life is better with a beagle
redline248
AG
Not going to the next grade and yelling it's all the teacher's fault, he's holding me back!
WALTON LOADS!
AG
"It's over, Anakin……….I have the playground."
TCTTS
AG
Winner.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wheatables02
AG
Happy Page THX-1138!

The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Watched it last night while falling trying to go to sleep and woke my wife up laughing instead.
The Porkchop Express
AG
The Bespin Bulletin is currently the most legit leak site for Star Wars rumors, slaying it on Obi-Wan and BOBF.

It has 2 big time things this week about upcoming projects which I will tag.

In the Acolyte ... it is believed on the acolytes who the main character befriends at some point is the future Darth Plageuis

Full report is here (no spoilers in link address, but lots if you click it: https://bespinbulletin.com/2022/07/rumored-plot-details-on-star-wars-the-acolyte-appear-online/

The second one looks 99.9% legit as it's footage that was posted and then removed from Tales of the Jedi showing

Dooku murdering Master Yaddle in cold blood presumably between TPM and AOTC.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So incredibly good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heads up, Rogue One IMAX re-release on the 26th. Some sort of Andor preview attached.

https://www.fandango.com/rogueonererelease2022_228739/movieoverview
jokershady
AG
NICE!!!!!!

I'm at an Airbnb right now in San Antonio and this place has a home theatre system with surround sound and a YUUUUUUUUUUGE screen……guess what we watched on it tonight?????

YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Heads up, Rogue One IMAX re-release on the 26th. Some sort of Andor preview attached.

https://www.fandango.com/rogueonererelease2022_228739/movieoverview

Only because this is a perpetually confusing topic and I was curious:

Quote:

Even though director Gareth Edwards didn't shoot Rogue One on IMAX cameras, and he didn't shoot the movie on 70mm or 65 mm film like Christopher Nolan might have, he did shoot the movie on the Arri Alexa 65 camera, which is essentially a digital version of a 65mm camera.

So, it's not IMAX but it's close? And there is really only one theater in Texas that does 70mm and that's the Omni museum in Ft. Worth. At least that was the only theater in Texas that showed it the first time around when it was advertised as seeing all of what you could see.

Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nope! Barely an inconvenience
jokershady
AG
So does this make y'all feel better about it or just piss you off more?

redline248
AG
Like that youtuber, I don't really care much about the shell flight. It's inconsistent with past Star Wars, sure, but it's so far down the list of things wrong with that movie.
The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

So does this make y'all feel better about it or just piss you off more?

I have a much bigger problem with the 2 Star Destroyers in The Empire Strikes Back flying right at each other while pursuing the Falcon and only realizing at the last second they're going to smash into each other when the Falcon decides to plunge in a different direction.
twilly
AG
Trying to explain how Physics works in Star Wars is like trying to figure out what your wife means when she says "Fine."
jokershady
AG
jokershady
AG
So thanks to Spilner I'm now binging this guy cause holy crap this is some of the funniest commentary I've come across….

This one for the Holiday Special was so good I had to post it here….cause there's always more room to dump on the holiday special….

The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

So thanks to Spilner I'm now binging this guy cause holy crap this is some of the funniest commentary I've come across….

This one for the Holiday Special was so good I had to post it here….cause there's always more room to dump on the holiday special….

I didn't watch pitch meeting forever because the eyes creeped me out. Now ill binge it when. I can't sleep. Highly recommend the jurassic world and transformer episodes especially.
jokershady
AG
took your advice and watched the transformers videos....

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Wow.

Wow.
tk for tu juan
jokershady
AG
So friekin good
YouBet
AG
Why do they do the eyes like that? Just to catch your attention? Never watched them.
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

Why do they do the eyes like that? Just to catch your attention? Never watched them.
It's just for the thumbnail image, I've never seen it in the actual videos
Chipotlemonger
AG
redline248 said:

YouBet said:

Right….but that doesn't answer why. I always found it kind of dumb and it doesn't make me want to click to watch.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

redline248 said:

YouBet said:

Right….but that doesn't answer why. I always found it kind of dumb and it doesn't make me want to click to watch.
Thanks for letting us know.
redline248
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

redline248 said:

YouBet said:

Let me guess, you only click on the videos with scantily clad hot chicks in the thumbnails
maroon barchetta
redline248 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

redline248 said:

YouBet said:

Let me guess, you only click on the videos with scantily clad hot chicks in the thumbnails

Is that wrong?

Should I not have done that?
jokershady
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

redline248 said:

YouBet said:

ooooooooooooo

Whatcha think of this one?????

Isn't he just soooooooooooooooooooooo cute????

PatAg
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

redline248 said:

YouBet said:

It's the primary reason I have never watched one.
Chipotlemonger
AG
PatAg said:

Chipotlemonger said:

redline248 said:

YouBet said:

It's the primary reason I have never watched one.

don't say that too loudly or else helloimustbegoing will come after you!
TCTTS
AG
Right there with you guys. I never clicked on a single one of those videos because I assumed they were cartoons or something. I finally got curious, and love them now, but I guarantee you that guy would get even more clicks if he stopped doing the googly eyes in the embed images.
jokershady
AG
Agreed I always thought the images were weird and it did put me off for a bit. Now that Spilner posted the deal with Boba Fett now I want to find every video this guy has done for films I've seen…..dude is nails
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS said:

Right there with you guys. I never clicked on a single one of those videos because I assumed they were cartoons or something. I finally got curious, and love them now, but I guarantee you that guy would get even more clicks if he stopped doing the googly eyes in the embed images.
There is an entire "art" to "thumbnailing" your YouTube video.

Veritasium talks about it here:

Actually pretty fascinating.
First Page Last Page
Page 1138 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.