Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,640,017 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TCTTS
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While I don't really care to see a Cal Kestis centered show….this does point towards the possibility of him showing up in Andor….

Saxsoon
AG
hell yes
Yoda
AG
Has anyone else run across this new series of Star Wars documentaries called "Icons Unearthed"? They made one for each film with the initial for A New Hope being two hours and the rest an hour. Some network called Vice is launching one a week. They're up through Return of the Jedi, and Phantom Menace will premiere Tuesday night at 9:00.

Most of the stories are ones you all will have heard before, but there is at least one really interesting thing this has got going for it. Amongst those giving extensive interviews is editor and George's former wife Marcia Lucas. Given their ugly divorce in the early 80's, she is never included in officially sanctioned Lucasfilm docs despite her earning an Oscar for her work.

Some good stuff here, including new interviews with Rick Baker, John Dykstra, Anthony Daniels, and Phil Tippett Not sure yet how many they've made, but it looks like there's one for at least the first 6 films.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Edit for reading incompetency.
C@LAg
BenTheGoodAg
AG
It took me entirely too long to realize that was a trailer for a terrible looking show and not just a cheesy teaser for some video game DLC
SpreadsheetAg
AG
*sigh*
dave99ag
AG
I watched the Lego Star Wars: Summer Vacation with my 6yr old. It was not good. Even he lost interest and he's a big fan of Lego and Star Wars.
kdm_01
AG
The kids watched part of it but don't think they finished. They definitely didn't talk about it afterwards and they would have let me know if they loved it.
jokershady
AG
all in all it was pretty meh....i may have laughed once....which sucks cause there's some actually good lego star wars shows out there

if you haven't watched the Freemaker adventures id definitely recommend that one.....2 seasons long and pretty entertaining
jokershady
AG
58 seconds long and nothing ground breaking but did point out that Tony Gilroy had a big hand in deciding on practical sets and not using that big expensive room that was used for Mando, Obiwan, and BoBF....

Tony Gilroy is executive producing this and was one of the writers for Rogue One so good grief i hope they nail this one!!!!

YouBet
AG
jokershady said:

58 seconds long and nothing ground breaking but did point out that Tony Gilroy had a big hand in deciding on practical sets and not using that big expensive room that was used for Mando, Obiwan, and BoBF....

Tony Gilroy is executive producing this and was one of the writers for Rogue One so good grief i hope they nail this one!!!!

"Andor is doing something very risky"

Can't be any riskier than green lighting a relative 4 yr old outrunning grown men with no head start.
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

jokershady said:

"Andor is doing something very risky"

Can't be any riskier than green lighting a relative 4 yr old outrunning grown men with no head start.
A friend of mine just watched Boba Fett and said he thought the speeder chase was supposed to be campy on purpose. I told him to remember he said that when he watches Obi-Wan.
jokershady
AG
Just send him this….

The Porkchop Express
AG
dave99ag said:

I watched the Lego Star Wars: Summer Vacation with my 6yr old. It was not good. Even he lost interest and he's a big fan of Lego and Star Wars.
Have them watch Ewoks or Droids or the Christmas Special. A lot of SW's lesser ideas are not so great.
Life is better with a beagle
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did you and TC both get the banhammer?
Duncan Idaho
Driods rocked

And the boba Fett part of the holiday special was the best character intro in star wars history
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Did you and TC both get the banhammer?
yes. Then I thought you guys had killed him in the Magnum PI thread, but fortunately he responded to my DM.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Must've been a good scrap.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nothing of the sort. He called a very familiar poster by his real first name and caught 7 days. Maroon Barchetta quoted it and got 3, and then I quoted it and got 7. Makes perfect sense.
maroon barchetta
helloimustbegoing said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nothing of the sort. He called a very familiar poster by his real first name and caught 7 days. Maroon Barchetta quoted it and got 3, and then I quoted it and got 7. Makes perfect sense.

That is weird.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's bizarre. Just went back and read the whole thing. And said poster posted his own info right?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's bizarre. Just went back and read the whole thing. And said poster posted his own info right?
I don't know. I'm pretty sure I got 7 instead of 3 because of the subject matter. Talking more and more about it seems like a good way to get another one.
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And my quote to TC was a joke with the "talk to the hand" emoji. Wasn't intended to be serious at all.

But I learned my lesson. Never quoting anything again.

Except in this post. And any other time I forget.
double aught
AG
A friend posted on Facebook about her kid's first day of kindergarten and included the sign in sheet for the kids.
redline248
AG
I don't understand people.
In reply to
AG
There will only be one student left before the school year is over.
twilly
AG
At least we know the sandbox will be a safe space.
The Porkchop Express
AG
His family pulls him out of school on Boonta Eve as a religious holiday.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"You're a student?"

"I'm a person, and my name is Anakin."
dave94
AG
To the teacher: Mr. Qui-Gon, I've been wondering, what is multiplication?
maroon barchetta
So many younglings all around him.
The Porkchop Express
AG
One day, I will become the greatest fifth grader EVER. I will even learn how to stop people from crying.
redline248
AG
Going down the slide yelling "now THIS is recess!"
maroon barchetta
redline248 said:

Going down the slide yelling "now THIS is recess!"
First Page Last Page
Page 1137 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.