Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,640,381 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TCTTS
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Sorry, we were a Six Flags family. (The rides there were so much better than what I experienced at Disneyland too.)

Just start a theme park thread. This stuff is about as relevant to the the movies/shows/books as my last dentist appointment.

Are you a Bantha???
gougler08
AG
redline248 said:

There is also a cool ride in Toy Story land where you get to shoot virtual ping pong balls at targets and build a high score. I forgot what it's called
It's the jack off game
The Porkchop Express
AG
Decay said:

TCTTS said:

Sorry, we were a Six Flags family. (The rides there were so much better than what I experienced at Disneyland too.)

Just start a theme park thread. This stuff is about as relevant to the the movies/shows/books as my last dentist appointment.

It's Star Wars entertainment... It will die down in short order unless you keep whining and then we'll start comparing droid workshops and ronto wraps
Yeah seriously, man. I give this board like 3% of all of my Star Wars thoughts through the course of the day. If you want me to ramp it up to 100%, I'll be posting 200 times a day by myself.
Life is better with a beagle
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Seeing 18 new posts and excitedly thinking news broke or a trailer just dropped, only to discover grownups talking about theme park rides, might actually be more disappointing than discovering it's all just a ridiculous political argument.
Agreed. Let me know if you would like me to spice things up with some politics talk.

I can knock this thread completely out of hyperspace if you want.
CoachRTM
AG
Ooooh - we get to talk about Disney rides? I'm finally an expert in something on the Entertainment board. (My wife goes to Disney probably 6 times a year and drags me along for at least 2-3.

Rise of the Resistance - not much to say here that hasn't been said above - it's the best "ride" I've ever been on. I'll only echo the point - go into it knowing as little as possible and interact with the cast members once you start. They have changed the reservation system a time or two, so double check as you get closer.

Flight of Passage (Avatar) - Awesome ride - if you've been on Soarin, it's basically the evolution of that.

Smuggler's Run - from a ride perspective, it's good, not great. But getting to walk through the Falcon and be in the cockpit is priceless.

Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster - haven't done yet, it's on the list for this fall or next spring.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
CoachRTM said:

My wife goes to Disney probably 6 times a year and drags me along for at least 2-3.
Holy cow, six times a year?

I lived in Cape Canaveral for a couple of years, and had resident passes during that time. While it was fun, we got 'Disney-ed out' after enough time in the parks. Just too much time with the general public in the general vicinity.
YouBet
AG
CoachRTM said:

Ooooh - we get to talk about Disney rides? I'm finally an expert in something on the Entertainment board. (My wife goes to Disney probably 6 times a year and drags me along for at least 2-3.

Rise of the Resistance - not much to say here that hasn't been said above - it's the best "ride" I've ever been on. I'll only echo the point - go into it knowing as little as possible and interact with the cast members once you start. They have changed the reservation system a time or two, so double check as you get closer.

Flight of Passage (Avatar) - Awesome ride - if you've been on Soarin, it's basically the evolution of that.

Smuggler's Run - from a ride perspective, it's good, not great. But getting to walk through the Falcon and be in the cockpit is priceless.

Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster - haven't done yet, it's on the list for this fall or next spring.
Rich.
maroon barchetta
CoachRTM said:

Is your wife Snow White or something?
gougler08
AG
My wife goes 3-4 times a year so glad to hear someone else spends more on Disney than me.

That being said, going in September and can't wait for the Guardians ride
CoachRTM
AG
She goes for most of the half-marathon weekends, which is up to 4-5 per year at this point. Then she just hangs out in the parks for the rest of the weekend. Other than that, she'll take one or two trips with family or friends on their schedule.

It's a lot for sure. I skip out on the entire fall generally because of football season. She doesn't get to see me much on Thursdays - Saturday anyway.
ChipFTAC01
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgPUS2ngDLw/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I've literally never heard anyone refer to it as an Aytee-aytee

Rather than an @@
BenTheGoodAg
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Rather than an @@
Get out of here with that nonsense. If it was @@, then a AT-ST would be pronounced @-Stuh

Aytee-Aytee or Imperial Walker.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Or, just skip the discussion instead of throwing a hissy fit and letting know everyone you're sooo above theme parks.
GreasenUSA
AG
wait, someone thought you pronounced it "at-at"? just said that out loud and couldn't stop laughing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Decay said:

How about the blue and green milk?

I thought the blue was better. Plus you can add rum.
Blue is FAR better.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TrustTheAwesomeness said:

Decay said:

How about the blue and green milk?

I thought the blue was better. Plus you can add rum.
Blue.
Green tastes like a Bath and Body Works store smells.
That's a perfect description. Or like you're eating flowers.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Or, just skip the discussion instead of throwing a hissy fit and letting know everyone you're sooo above theme parks.

Dude, chill. In no way am I throwing a "hissy fit." Both of my posts have been joking/sarcastic. I'm simply having fun with something I find annoying.
ChipFTAC01
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Rather than an @@
Get out of here with that nonsense. If it was @@, then a AT-ST would be pronounced @-Stuh

Aytee-Aytee or Imperial Walker.

I'll admit the at-st presents a bit of a challenge.

Do they ever actually refer to them as a y thing other than walkers in the movies or shows?
Decay
AG
GreasenUSA said:

wait, someone thought you pronounced it "at-at"? just said that out loud and couldn't stop laughing.
Sounds like the aliens from Mars Attacks
tk for tu juan
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

Seeing 18 new posts and excitedly thinking news broke or a trailer just dropped, only to discover grownups talking about theme park rides, might actually be more disappointing than discovering it's all just a ridiculous political argument.
Agreed. Let me know if you would like me to spice things up with some politics talk.

I can knock this thread completely out of hyperspace if you want.

TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Dude, chill. In no way am I throwing a "hissy fit." Both of my posts have been joking/sarcastic. I'm simply having fun with something I find annoying.
You threw a huge hissy fit last time, let's not pretend you didn't. You ranted for pages on how weird it was for adults to visit theme parks and just couldn't help yourself again.

We. Get. It.
double aught
AG
GreasenUSA said:

That someone was correct.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, so now you're referencing something from years ago?

Regardless, I didn't "rant for pages." I vaguely remember, maybe a couple years back, saying a few things about how I find it weird that adults talk so much about theme parks on the internet. Regardless, however long ago that was, I haven't brought it up in ages, and even went out of my way to visit Galaxy's Edge and post positive things about it here in November, in a "You guys were right" kind of way.

Fast forward seven months later, and today I make one joking comment about being disappointed to discover no breaking news or a trailer in the thread, and you get your panties all in a bunch.

One of us here is being waaaaay too sensitive about this, and it's not me.
GreasenUSA
AG
double aught said:

GreasenUSA said:

That someone was correct.
Haha, well I will defer to the more knowledgeable, but I've never heard someone pronounce it "@ @"
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Which is more relevant to Star Wars?

The Sequel Trilogy or the Disney Theme Park experience?

I know my answer.

ETA - TC, you're a good poster , but it doesn't read like a joke, and IMO, the theme parks are totally within bounds of this thread.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I'm not sure it's ever actually stated in a movie, honestly. Maybe an animated show or a game. I actually think Filoni has endorsed both as canon.
The Collective
AG
Ok, so on a thread where adults discuss Star Wars and dissect it over and over again, we are ready to draw the line at adults discuss theme park rides?
The Collective
AG
@-@. Hear it and weep, beetches.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I'm not saying @-@. That's dumb.
The Collective
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, I'm not saying @-@. That's dumb.

The commercial says it so many times - it's like someone knew, one day people will need to know how to say this.
jeffk
AG
Or they just never bothered to tell the voiceover guy how to say it.
TCTTS
AG
Forget the adults-discussing-theme-parks thing. That's not the part I find annoying. Rather, it's that the vast majority of people reading this thread don't go to these parks or ride these rides. It's only a handful of people who do, and every so often it can get annoying when, for like a day or two, the conversation is completely dominated by nothing but theme park talk from five people, having essentially the same conversation they had two months ago. That's ALL I'm saying, and it doesn't seem like a big ask to maybe start a theme park thread for all Disneyland/Disney World discussion, since people inventively start talking about all the other rides, and their park experiences as a whole. But clearly I'm in the minority, so whatever. Go for it. Just don't get all in a huff when people mention, from time to time, that they find it annoying.
jeffk
AG
Also milk should be white and most adults don't need to be drinking milk.
heddleston
AG
Ive always called it @@ and the AT-ST is just a Chicken Walker. To the extent that my 4 year old legit calls RotJ "Chicken Walkers" when he talks about it. I think it rolls off the tongue much nicer if you just commit to having a Boomhauer Texas accent and just let it fly at warp speed.
First Page Last Page
Page 1132 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.