Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,611,447 Views | 45382 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by YouBet
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dekker_Lentz
AG
At this point I wish Disney would just give us the original Thrawn trilogy as animated movies. I prefer voice actors to recasting. Call it legends and make it an event.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Interesting. Where in the hell did I get the shrinking idea then? Probably some idiot in this thread if I go back far enough.
TCTTS
AG
Haven't watched the video yet, but the microscopic midichlroian world was 100% part of Lucas' pitch. That was officially reported multiple times.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is what he'd said:

But it's not like they would've been the entire focus, just like midichlorians weren't the focus in the PT.

Personally that story described in the video sounds pretty good to me, with Maul banding all the criminal underworld together with his apprentice and Leia becoming Chancellor.

It does feel like they are starting to take some of those elements and put them into the shows, at least. With Luke starting his Jedi Academy.
YouBet
AG
Glad I'm not crazy. Thank you.
maroon barchetta
The Rise of the Quantum Realm?
Saxsoon
AG
Star Wars : Quantumania
YouBet
AG
We could have an entire trilogy at the quantum/microscopic realm while Luke was in the bacta tank. It would be like a film version of the old Crest toothpaste commercial showing battles between the Crest warriors and the cavity creeps, but at the cellular level across the entire battlefield of his body.
maroon barchetta
The Porkchop Express
AG
The entire battle of hoth actually took place on a single hair of a wampas back.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Finally had a chance to watch. That narrator always really bugs me for some reason, but that was pretty interesting overall. He did some good research. And yeah, it definitely feels like Favreau & Filoni are basically doing their own version of what Lucas intended, just minus Leia & Maul.

Also, I can't tell you how many times I've hovered over the "Add to Cart" button on Amazon for those same SW Archive books, but at the end of the day I just can't justify spending $400+ on two freaking books, as awesome as they look.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Plot details are being kept secret, but the setup has consisted of Tano journeying from one end of the galaxy to another in search of Grand Admiral Thrawn, a former commander in the Empire.
Quote:

It is unclear who Stevenson will play, but sources say he is a villain in the series and will play an admiral … although, not Thrawn.
The Porkchop Express
AG
If Thrawn and Gilad Pelloean are both breathed into life, can Talon Kardde and Mara Jade be far behind?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same on the books. Particularly the prequel one.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

If Thrawn and Gilad Pelloean are both breathed into life, can Talon Kardde and Mara Jade be far behind?

This would be a solid decision by Disney
AliasMan02
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

We all agree that Kardde and Jade in a post-Jedi story is totally viable even when divorced from Thrawn, right?
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

We all agree that Kardde and Jade in a post-Jedi story is totally viable even when divorced from Thrawn, right?
Yes, although I don't care as much about Jade. She didn't capture me as much as Thrawn and Kardde.
MGS
They can leave out the Luke clone
sburg2007
"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

Rogue One is such an amazing movie. Sorry for random post, watching while I assemble Lego Star Wars.

Edit to say I enjoyed the last few Star Wars D+ series, but Andor and Kenobi I've been waiting for the most.
ChipFTAC01
AG
With the discussion about Ithorian stomachs on the Boba thread, it got me thinking about the whole universe of aliens created by SW.

In your opinion, what is the "best" non-human species created for SW? "Best" can mean whatever you want. Coolest, favorite, most original, most well fleshed out?

I'm partial to non-basic speaking ones and I struggle to come up with any that I love more than Wookies. Between my love of Chewie, and what we've seen of other Wookies and Kashyyyk I just love everything about them. I still really want to play Fallen Order just to explore Kashyyyk.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yoda species for me.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yoda species for me.

Yoda isn't a species, he's a man. Card player, smuggler, scoundrel, you'd love him.
jeffk
AG
The Lasat. Hopefully we'll get some more of them in the future.
AliasMan02
AG
Rewatching The Mandalore Plot and subsequent episodes about Kenobi and Satine and Mandalore. It would be great to see the story of a younger Kenobi protecting Satine and that whole love story told in some way. Probably a 3-episode animated arc would do it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
jeffk said:

The Lasat. Hopefully we'll get some more of them in the future.

Ooh, good call.
YouBet
AG
Hard to beat the wookies but they also essentially had first mover advantage and then the "what if?" factor being replaced by Ewoks in ROTJ.

I was always intrigued by Hammerhead, but as more content has been fleshed out over the years, they are largely benign and do nothing for me.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I want a kotor trilogy or whatever 4 movies is.

Movie 1 - young revan and Malak join the fight vs the mandalorians.
Movie 2 - they get corrupted early on by the sith emperor and return to attack the republic with Malak betraying revan and bastilla dueling him.
Movie 3 - the events of kotor. Revan-bastilla romance, cancerous. Hk47, James Marsden as carth, maybe zaalbar, Olivia Rodrigo as mission. The star forge and revans redemption.
Movie 4 - revan and the others take on the sith emperor.
TCTTS
AG
Was just digging around, looking for some kind of indication that we'll be getting our first look at Obi-Wan Kenobi tomorrow during the Super Bowl tomorrow, and decided to look up when all the other Star Wars/Marvel Disney+ series saw their first posters/trailers released. With the exception of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki, every project has seen their first poster and first trailer released on the same day...

The Mandalorian - Season 1
8.23.19 = First Poster
8.23.19 = First Trailer

The Mandalorian - Season 2
9.15.20 = First Poster
9.15.20 = First Trailer

The Book of Boba Fett
11.01.21 = First Poster
11.01.21 = First Trailer

WandaVision
09.20.20 = First Poster
09.20.20 = First Trailer

The Flacon and the Winter Soldier
12.10.20 = First Trailer
01.07.21 = First Poster

Loki
02.11.21 = First Trailer
03.18.21 = First Poster

Hawkeye
09.13.21 = First Poster
09.13.21 = First Trailer

Moon Knight
01.17.22 = First Poster
01.17.22 = First Trailer

... which makes Obi-Wan Kenobi the only one to drop its poster first, before the trailer. I don't know that any of this means a thing, but it certainly feels more probable than not that a trailer is coming on the heels of the poster, and that Disney doesn't miss tomorrow's opportunity to debut it on the biggest stage possible. We shall see...
TCTTS
AG
That said, the times between the first trailer and the premiere of the first episode of each series are all over the place...

The Mandalorian - Season 1
08.23.19 = First Trailer
11.12.19 = First Episode
= roughly 2.75 months between

The Mandalorian - Season 2
09.15.20 = First Trailer
10.30.20 = First Episode
= roughly 1.50 months between

The Book of Boba Fett
11.01.21 = First Trailer
12.29.21 = First Episode
= roughly 2.00 months between

WandaVision
09.20.20 = First Trailer
01.15.21 = First Episode
= roughly 3.75 months between

The Flacon and the Winter Soldier
12.10.20 = First Trailer
03.19.20 = First Episode
= roughly 3.25 months between

Loki
02.11.21 = First Trailer
06.09.21 = First Episode
= roughly 4.00 months between

Hawkeye
09.13.21 = First Trailer
11.24.21 = First Episode
= roughly 2.25 months between

Moon Knight
01.17.22 = First Trailer
03.30.22 = First Episode
= roughly 2.50 months between

Right now, we're roughly 3.50 months out from the first episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi, which would be on the lengthier side for sure, and the longest gap of the four Star Wars series, but still under the two longest gaps overall. Seeing as this is almost assuredly the most high profile series of the bunch, with the most "primetime" release date so far (just days before Memorial Day Weekend) - and thus will likely receive the biggest marketing push - tomorrow still feels like the perfect "goldilocks zone" opportunity.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
*sigh*

Y'all want to take bets on when the trailers going to drop?

TCTTS
AG
2.75 months out is the average lead time of all these trailers. That would put the first Obi-Wan trailer releasing the week of March 7th though the 11th. So, if I were to bet, I'd simply say "mid March."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And now we wait.

First Page Last Page
Page 1086 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.