Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,613,181 Views | 45386 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by YouBet
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Inject it into my arm!
redline248
AG
I wonder if casual viewers will have an issue with these shows all going back and forth in time. We've got post Jedi, post prequel and pre OT. Though, I suppose Obi-Wan and Andor could run somewhat concurrently.

I wonder if the execs think about stuff like that. It's probably not a big deal.
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

I wonder if casual viewers will have an issue with these shows all going back and forth in time. We've got post Jedi, post prequel and pre OT. Though, I suppose Obi-Wan and Andor could run somewhat concurrently.

I wonder if the execs think about stuff like that. It's probably not a big deal.
I do have to reset my internal clock every time I watch a SW show because of the jumping around. It does become confusing. I'm watching Rebels right now which is immediately pre-OT and watching that is dragged out for me with several seasons and I only watch it when I ride the bike. So, anything new I start gets calibrated against that, currently.
ChipFTAC01
AG
YouBet said:

redline248 said:

I do have to reset my internal clock every time I watch a SW show because of the jumping around. It does become confusing. I'm watching Rebels right now which is immediately pre-OT and watching that is dragged out for me with several seasons and I only watch it when I ride the bike. So, anything new I start gets calibrated against that, currently.

Remind how soon before Rogue One/OT Rebels is set? I know Jimmy Smits is jn Rebels, is Leia at all?
YouBet
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

YouBet said:

redline248 said:

Remind how soon before Rogue One/OT Rebels is set? I know Jimmy Smits is jn Rebels, is Leia at all?
I don't know because I haven't looked it up but it's clearly close in to Rogue One. I'm guessing it leads right into Rogue One the way it's playing out. I'm only about midway through S2. Don't know if Leia is in it yet but the OT crew are starting to make appearances: Lando, R2, Vader, Organa are all in it so far.
AliasMan02
AG
Rebels leads right up to before Rogue One... couldn't give you a date off the top but I'd say within a year if it probably. Then it time jump for the final scene to some time after Jedi.
The Porkchop Express
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

YouBet said:

redline248 said:

Leia is in one episode early on and is about 15 years old in it. She helps the Rebels steal 3 Hammerhead Corvettes, which might or might not have been the ones used in Rogue One to show the SD into the shield over Scarif.

cbr
AG
you know, it just occurred to me that all of this could have been prevented if freaking duku would have been smart enough to just yell

'wait! he's my sith lord, if you cut off my head you'll end up just like me'

when his head was in a lightsaber vice, instead of just sitting there.

i guess pointing at palpatine might have been a challenge with no hands, but hey, one must abide.
TCTTS
AG
Uhhhh… what the hell is this???

TCTTS
AG
So apparently this isn't real, but it sure as sh*t looks legit.
TCTTS
AG
I seriously don't understand how this is fake.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Why does the Witch King of Angmar have a lightsaber?
maroon barchetta
helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

Why does the Witch King of Angmar have a lightsaber?

Gandalf took his sword.

Duh.
AliasMan02
AG
Some of the footage, minus the Sith, looks to be video game cutscene stuff.
TCTTS
AG
That would make sense. Otherwise, it's too professional to wholly be some fan-made thing.
JCRiley09
AG
If that was real I would be so disappointed.
TCTTS
AG
Why, because Lucasfilm would have finally made a Disney+ show with balls, great camera work, and didn't feel like it was aimed solely at 12-year-olds?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean Rogue One?
TCTTS
AG
Said show, not movie.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Rogue One to me is the pinnacle of what Star Wars can deliver tone wise outside of the OT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just giving you a hard time, but I seriously hope Obi-Wan is more of what you described.
TCTTS
AG
I think/hope so. I don't think it'll be "dark," but definitely more mature. Or, rather, not aimed primarily at kids. I'm also assuming the filmmaking itself will be top-notch, movie-level stuff.

Hopefully we finally get an image or footage or something in the next month or so. I'm shocked we haven't yet, as I don't see how this isn't THE event of the summer, be it in TV or film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My bet is the second Boba Fett is over, we get a trailer. Maybe the following week or so.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think people just have Star Wars fatigue. I don't know if the Obi Wan series is gonna have as much pre release "oomph" or hype as it could with how much other SW stuff is coming out seemingly every few months.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My bet is the second Boba Fett is over, we get a trailer. Maybe the following week or so.

Boba ends on February 9th. Right in time for my Super Bowl prediction on the 13th.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I'm just curious how much of the Texags obi wan script made it into the show.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I think people just have Star Wars fatigue. I don't know if the Obi Wan series is gonna have as much pre release "oomph" or hype as it could with how much other SW stuff is coming out seemingly every few months.

I don't really see that personally. If the MCU can chug along with multiple movies and shows a year, so can Star Wars. (And with considerably less content.)
TCTTS
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I disagree. Not only was Boba Fett the first live-action Star Wars content in a year - after one of the greatest/most hyped moments in modern franchise history (a younger Luke returning in Mando S2) - I think people are absolutely going to lose their minds the first time we see Obi-Wan on screen again, whenever the trailer finally drops. Doubly so at the first hint of him squaring off against Vader again. In fact, by summer, I think this will easily be even more anticipated than something like ROTS or Solo or any of the seasons of shows so far.
tk for tu juan
Hopefully the Black Krrsantan shows up in Obi-Wan, sounds like they had a past

BowSowy
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

People have been talking about Marvel fatigue for years, but they keep churning out content that is generally well received. I think BoBF just sucks. Put out more good SW content and no one's talking about SW fatigue.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a fair point.

Also, I follow this thread so my conception of time regarding SW releases is likely completely warped due to all the perennial discussion here.
The Porkchop Express
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Hopefully the Black Krrsantan shows up in Obi-Wan, sounds like they had a past

I believe he prefers the term Kashyykian-American
The Collective
AG
Feel like Knights of Ren would be a decent Disney+ comedy series. Make them equivalent to the Tracksuit Mafia.
jeffk
AG
But with some peppy musical numbers.
C@LAg
First Page Last Page
Page 1074 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.