Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,613,190 Views | 45386 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by YouBet
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's on Disney+ and is animated. My son has watched, but I haven't.
Rex Racer
AG
How reliable is this?

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2022/01/05/emilia-clarke-is-back-as-qira-for-a-disney-series/
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Uninteresting character ; but it's Star Wars!
Saxsoon
AG
Honestly would make sense for her to show up in Fett given criminal underworld. Or they do some set up that could lead into her own series
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
AliasMan02
AG
She's figured prominently into the recent comics arc, I know, so she's definitely involved in the underworld for quite some time.
MandoArms
Yea i can see her coming into play in Andor, Fett or Kenobi. With rumors of a certain OT character making an appearance in the last episode of Fett...it would certainly make sense to have her there as well.
IG: mando_arms
Malachi Constant
AG
How much time has passed since the events of Solo and Book of Boba Fett? I'm thinking Qira would have to be quite a bit older now.
HossAg
AG
Rex Racer said:

How reliable is this?

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2022/01/05/emilia-clarke-is-back-as-qira-for-a-disney-series/

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Malachi Constant said:

How much time has passed since the events of Solo and Book of Boba Fett? I'm thinking Qira would have to be quite a bit older now.

Solo: A Star Wars Story 13-10 BBY (estimated)
RotJ - 4 years after Yavin
BoBF - 9 years after on the "now" timeline

So anywhere 14-22 years have passed since Solo and the flashback timing of BOBF (14-17 years pre-Sarlacc / 19-22 for Hutt Twins)

If Qira was about 20-22 years old at Solo we're looking for a 35-45 year old Qira
HossAg
AG
The math checks out for an unaged version of Emilia
The Collective
AG
With Star Wars, I don't believe anything is happening until I see an actual trailer.
Bogdonovich
I was raised on Star Wars. But there is a point where have to take the old dog out back and put a bullet in its head.
Find something else

YouBet
AG
This week I learned that B-Wing stands for Blade Wing courtesy of the Rebels series.

I had no freaking idea it stood for that somehow. Is that a retcon or has it always been that? It makes total sense.
Claude!
YouBet said:

This week I learned that B-Wing stands for Blade Wing courtesy of the Rebels series.

I had no freaking idea it stood for that somehow. Is that a retcon or has it always been that? It makes total sense.
Per Wookiepedia:

Quote:

The B-wing fighter was originally designed by Joe Johnston and Bill George for Return of the Jedi. The craft derives its name from the fact that the crew labeled the two new Rebel Alliance starfighter models in Return of the Jedi as "A fighter" and "B fighter." Bill George had so much input into the starship's development, that his colleagues nicknamed it the "Bill-Wing Fighter."[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/A/SF-01_B-wing_starfighter#cite_note-Sculpting-23][23][/url] Years later in Star Wars Legends the name "Blade wing" was devised as an in-universe nickname, which was canonized by the Star Wars Rebels production team.

So the answer is "sort of".
YouBet
AG
Claude! said:

YouBet said:

Per Wookiepedia:

Quote:

The B-wing fighter was originally designed by Joe Johnston and Bill George for Return of the Jedi. The craft derives its name from the fact that the crew labeled the two new Rebel Alliance starfighter models in Return of the Jedi as "A fighter" and "B fighter." Bill George had so much input into the starship's development, that his colleagues nicknamed it the "Bill-Wing Fighter."[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/A/SF-01_B-wing_starfighter#cite_note-Sculpting-23][23][/url] Years later in Star Wars Legends the name "Blade wing" was devised as an in-universe nickname, which was canonized by the Star Wars Rebels production team.

So the answer is "sort of".
I feel better then. I was right before I was wrong.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Malachi Constant said:

Solo: A Star Wars Story 13-10 BBY (estimated)
RotJ - 4 years after Yavin
BoBF - 9 years after on the "now" timeline

So anywhere 14-22 years have passed since Solo and the flashback timing of BOBF (14-17 years pre-Sarlacc / 19-22 for Hutt Twins)

If Qira was about 20-22 years old at Solo we're looking for a 35-45 year old Qira
Hadn't done the math but had kind of written off Emilia as a possibility.

Now that I see it, it's very doable with some makeup. Nice.
TXAG 05
AG
YouBet said:

Same. Never knew where they got the B from, other than it came after A. A, X, and Y wings all made sense because they were in the shape of the their respective letters.
OnlyForNow
AG
Add in an attempted assassination leaving her scared and it'll be super easy.
Mac94
AG
TXAG 05 said:

YouBet said:

Same. Never knew where they got the B from, other than it came after A. A, X, and Y wings all made sense because they were in the shape of the their respective letters.
I don't know where I heard it but I remember that from the 1980's ... the thing looked like a pocket knife blade. So not a retcon.
YouBet
AG
Mac94 said:

TXAG 05 said:

YouBet said:

I don't know where I heard it but I remember that from the 1980's ... the thing looked like a pocket knife blade. So not a retcon.
I'm thinking it would have been in 90s or '00s. Legends really didn't get going until then. And it wouldn't have been in the earliest SW books written in 70s. See Claude's post.
The Collective
AG
I'm not sure why it is called a B Wing, I just know that it damn well would have been a better choice of bomber in the Last Jedi.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
YouBet said:

Retcon; never heard that or read it before in 30 years
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I Have Spoken said:

I'm not sure why it is called a B Wing, I just know that it damn well would have been a better choice of bomber in the Last Jedi.

If you played X-Wing Alliance in the 90s you know a B-Wing can fire those rocket bombs that are slow but do like 400 damage
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Now that I see it, it's very doable with some makeup. Nice.
If there's one thing you can say about Emilia Clarke, it's that she's very doable.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, Khal Drogo, Jorah Mormont, Daario Naharis, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, and Hizdahr zo Loraq agree.
redline248
AG
Hizdar didn't ever get the chance, did he? I can't remember

Edit: nevermind. I read the intent of your post wrong
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, Khal Drogo, Jorah Mormont, Daario Naharis, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, and Hizdahr zo Loraq agree.
When I think of Jorah's attempts to get in there, I'm reminded of the time on Friends when Ross tries to tell Joey he's not in the friend zone with Rachel and Joey declares that Ross is Mayor of the Zone.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Tyrion Lannister porked her???

Well, now I have to finish GoT. We never got out of S3.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He was in the same zone Jorah was.
The Collective
AG

The Collective
AG
How about one more?
redline248
AG
I love the chairs one.

Also, that *Padme* fine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
After a year of no Star Wars content, I was pretty stoked to finally get The Book of Boba Fett, but it kind of bums me out that it's pretty much been a whiff so far. So it got me thinking about what's next, which is Obi-Wan Kenobi - the mother of all Star Wars series - yet we still don't have a release date. Only "2022" officially. So, I did a little research, and wanted to try and nail down when, exactly, when can expect some potentially great Star Wars content again...

So far, the three seasons of Disney+ Star Wars television have each released a year to a little over a year after they started filming…

The Mandalorian - S1
(8 Episodes)
Began filming: October 2018
Premiered: November 2019

The Mandalorian - S2
(8 Episodes)
Began filming: October 2019
Premiered: October 2020

The Book of Boba Fett
(7 Episodes)
Began filming: November 2020
Premiered: December 2021

Filming for Obi-Wan Kenobi began in April 2021, which, if precedent holds, would see it premiere in either April or May of this year. And even though it's a lower episode count - six, in this case - I'm assuming they're pulling out all the stops in terms of CGI and fights and what not, so I could see the post-production process here lasting just a bit longer, making up for the potentially shorter production period. If it were releasing in April, though, I feel like we'd know by now, so my guess is May. And looking at the calendar, it just so happens that May 4th falls on a Wednesday this year, obviously the same day of the week Disney+ releases new Star Wars/Marvel episodes. So, blaster to my head, that's the date I'm going with: May the 4th, 2022.

If so, I'd even go so far as to say we get a big, debut Obi-Wan Kenobi Super Bowl spot on February 13th. It just seems like the prefect venue/time.

Anyway, who knows how accurate any of this is, but it has to be pretty close, given everything we know.
TCTTS
AG
As for the other two Star Wars series set to release this year...

- Season three of The Mandalorian began filming in October 2021, which would put its premiere at some point in Q4 of this year. Let's split the difference and say November.

- However, Andor, which is a whopping 12 episodes, is set to premiere before season three of Mando. So, if Mando is November, at least twelve weeks prior to that would be at some point in August. Factor in a couple weeks gap between the two series, and it could even premiere in July.

Which would see this year's live-action schedule break down something like this...

The Book of Boba Fett
1.05 - Episode 2
1.12 - Episode 3
1.19 - Episode 4
1.26 - Episode 5
2.02 - Episode 6
2.08 - Episode 7

Obi-Wan Kenobi
5.04 - Episode 1
5.11 - Episode 2
5.18 - Episode 3
5.25 - Episode 4
6.01 - Episode 5
6.08 - Episode 6

Andor
TBA Jul - Episode 1
TBA Jul - Episode 2
TBA Aug - Episode 3
TBA Aug - Episode 4
TBA Aug - Episode 5
TBA Aug - Episode 6
TBA Sep - Episode 7
TBA Sep - Episode 8
TBA Sep - Episode 9
TBA Sep - Episode 10
TBA Oct - Episode 11
TBA Oct - Episode 12

The Mandalorian - S3
TBA Nov - Episode 1
TBA Nov - Episode 2
TBA Nov - Episode 3
TBA Nov - Episode 4
TBA Dec - Episode 5
TBA Dec - Episode 6
TBA Dec - Episode 7
TBA Dec - Episode 8
First Page Last Page
Page 1073 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.