Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,979,588 Views | 44111 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by jokershady
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And I thought it smelled bad on the outside!
heddleston
AG
jokershady
AG
Y'all should give this a watch….this lego Star Wars episode was much better than the lego holiday special

YouBet
AG
Claude! said:

TCTTS said:

So is it the destiny of every Jedi to have Han Solo yelling angrily at his ass, or just the destiny of Luke Skywalker?
"Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chloe Zhao interested in doing Star Wars, and it very much sounds like it's already in early stages.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Chloe Zhao interested in doing Star Wars, and it very much sounds like it's already in early stages.

I would be down for a darker character study of a minimum wage worker doing odd jobs for the various chrime syndicates on back water planets
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Sand
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
twilly
AG
Since some were saying that Visions would be the start of something else....

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
TCTTS
AG
Btw, it's kind of crazy that THREE Star Wars series are completely done filming (The Book of Boba Fett, Andor, and Obi-Wan Kenobi), with one currently in the middle of filming (The Mandalorian season three), yet the only footage we've seen from any of them are some brief snippets from a behind-the-scenes Andor featurette months and months ago. I'm honestly shocked we still don't have a trailer for The Book of Boba Fett, as that's only two months away. Feels like the calm before the storm...
sburg2007
Bring it on already!
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
Mega-sized spoiler report from the making of Kenobi over at makingstarwars.net.

Tiny URL to avoid any small spoilers: https://*******.com/67uskbxt

SpoilerTL;DR summary

Obi-Wan goes on a mission off-planet to rescue someone critical to the Alliance being held by an Inquisitor
His rescue (successful) alerts Vader
We see Vader on Mustafar ala Rogue One leave the castle and getting in his TIE from Star Wars
He lands wherever Obi-Wan is
When Obi-Wan sees him and realizes who is in the suit, he uses the Force and chunks Vader "50 feet into a wall".

TCTTS
AG
Legit more excited for this than the first time Obi-Wan and Anakin fought. This somehow feels more loaded, drama-wise, with Obi-Wan coming to that realization in the moment. This really might be one the most watched streaming series ever. Everyone and their dog is going to tune in.
The Collective
AG
Hello there
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm missing it. What's interesting about her and Kathleen Kennedy going to lunch?
TCTTS
AG
MAYBE to talk about a future SW project.
redline248
AG
twilly said:

This is probably the one I liked the most
The Porkchop Express
Really lovely hour of music to listen to while trying to stay awake and work.

jokershady
AG
twilly said:

this was the best one!!!! YES!!!!!!!!
Dro07
AG
was that the one with the sword maker?
jokershady
AG
Dro07 said:

was that the one with the sword maker?
yes. And he made sabers that would change color based on the person holding them.
Dro07
AG
YEESSSS that was my favorite one out of the bunch
AliasMan02
AG
So I was thinking about the probably non-story about Kennedy and Ridley meeting up and what that would mean for another project.

What Daisy is really owed is a solo Rey feature that isn't tied to any of the other lore with a really great director. Set it after TROS. Rey and Chewie are out looking for prospective students or whatever, and get into some side adventure where she ends up helping save some outpost from some Imps that don't know the war is over, or raiders, or whatever.

In fact, solicit scripts from some of the Visions folks for the project because it's the sort of thing they would nail.
PatAg
AG
She isn't owed ****
redline248
AG
No, but we fans are!
CoachRTM
AG
I do think there's a lot of meat on the bone when it comes to the sequel trilogy. The whole set up of characters and most of the storyline is usable, and could potentially be really really good in the hands of the right people.

If you told me that Filoni and Favreau had a series coming out about Canto Bright I would be excited about it. That part of the movie was …. disappointing….. but a series around it built the same kind of way of The Mandalorian and I would be fired up.

Rey is one character I absolutely think could have a big future if Daisy Ridley wants to pursue that.
TCTTS
AG
Remember in Logan, when the girl he's protecting is reading an X-Men comic purportedly based on "real," in-franchise events? That's how she knows who he is. And Logan scoffs at it, suggesting the comics are filled with lies and exaggerations? I though that was such a brilliant way to separate the Logan movie from the rest of the franchise, and basically explain away the increasing ridiculousness/inconsistencies of the X-Men movies, while also keeping it all connected. Basically, *some* version of the movies happened, but the movies we saw were kind of like cinematic exaggerations of "real," in-franchise events.

They should do something similar with Rey/the franchise going forward. Not an R-rated Rey (though, that would be awesome), but hand-wave away the sequel trilogy in much the same manner, as exaggeration and lies. Because the character of Rey is absolutely worth continuing, just not with all that ridiculous baggage.
Dro07
AG
Only is they un Mary Sue her and ground her better.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Remember in Logan, when the girl he's protecting is reading an X-Men comic purportedly based on "real," in-franchise events? That's how she knows who he is. And Logan scoffs at it, suggesting the comics are filled with lies and exaggerations? I though that was such a brilliant way to separate the Logan movie from the rest of the franchise, and basically explain away the increasing ridiculousness/inconsistencies of the X-Men movies, while also keeping it all connected. Basically, *some* version of the movies happened, but the movies we saw were kind of like cinematic exaggerations of "real," in-franchise events.

They should do something similar with Rey/the franchise going forward. Not an R-rated Rey (though, that would be awesome), but hand-wave away the sequel trilogy in much the same manner, as exaggeration and lies. Because the character of Rey is absolutely worth continuing, just not with all that ridiculous baggage.

Or do a Visions Rey story in live action.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Logan was brilliant.

Like the idea but that would be such an ironic counter to arguably the most famous scene in the ST:

powerbelly
AG
Is the character of Rey worth continuing? There wasn't much compelling or unique about her.

I would rather start from scratch with a new female protagonist.
First Page Last Page
Page 1058 of 1261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.