Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,456 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, and there are some pretty big actors doing voices for this thing.
jokershady
AG
happy to see The 9th Jedi getting the highest rating so far on IMDB as that has so far been my favorite.....The Duel being a very close second

still got the last 3 episodes to watch

honestly the 9th jedi i loved on a more personal note......i had always envisioned in the RotS movie that there would be some sort of cool transformation of Anikan becoming evil...that he would be so engrained with the dark side that it would actually turn his saber red and corrupt the kiber crystal in his lightsaber while holding it.....

so the entire concept of a lightsaber designed to change color based on the person holding it brought that whole idea that i had dreamt up to the screen and i was loving every single second of it!
redline248
AG
The 9th Jedi was my favorite. I'd definitely watch a continuation of that one.
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

Oh, and there are some pretty big actors doing voices for this thing.
So I decided to check on the English actors as there's no way I'd recognize any names of the original japanese voice actors.....and forgive me if i leave someone out others think is a decent/big name as im only listing one's id recognize

Lucy Liu (ep #1)
Brian Tee (ep #1)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt (ep #2)
Temuera Morrison (ep #2....of course!)
Neil Patrick Harris (ep #3....star wars and matrix 4 in the same year.....what are you up to?)
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (ep #4....original shang tsung)
Kyle Chandler (ep #6)
James Hong (ep #7....dont recognize the name but just out of respect this guy must have the longest IMDB list out of anyone in the entire star wars visions)
George Takei (ep #9)
redline248
AG
Also the fabulous Alison Brie, the twin sister.
The Collective
AG
Dang it, I was going to skip this one, but guess I won't. You guys are making it sound intriguing even though this style isn't my typical cup of tea.
Quad Dog
AG
Each one I've seen so far has a different style. Also each episode is pretty short. You could watch them all in the span of one movie and probably find one or two that are your style.
The Collective
AG
Good to hear. After watching Saturday's game, I'm missing my typical entertainment refuge. Need movies back in a big way!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Update on Andor by Diego Luna

Production has wrapped on the Disney+ Cassian Andor series, according to Diego Luna in a new interview with Deadline, who also took the time to tease that the Star Wars series would bring back some "familiar faces."
Quote:

You'll definitely see familiar faces. I can tell you about this project like no other because I can't spoil the ending if you've seen [Stars Wars: Rogue One] already. No matter what I say, I can't ruin the ending. To be honest, it's been such a blessing to do this job and to do it under these circumstances. I had the chance to work with a team that I couldn't be more proud of and admire more. It's a hard-core moment to be out there shooting, and we were really lucky. We're done with the shooting now and getting it ready for audiences to see it. While I can't say much, what I can tell you is that the experience was literally a transformation for me. It's something that I really wanted to do and that I thought I was not going to be able to do. I'm more than happy.
Dro07
AG
Cant remember but K2-SO isnt in this right?
The Collective
AG
Dro07 said:

I believe this is correct. I think Tudyk said it actually, guess we will see.
Chipotlemonger
AG
It's a great problem to have that Parsons can play at an extremely high level no matter where you put him!

I like the idea of tailoring approach based on opponent. Let's leave teams guessing how we are going to be lining up on D each week.
The Collective
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

It's a great problem to have that Parsons can play at an extremely high level no matter where you put him!

I like the idea of tailoring approach based on opponent. Let's leave teams guessing how we are going to be lining up on D each week.

Is Parsons a jedi?
AliasMan02
AG
Dro07 said:

At least encountering K2 as an Imperial is guaranteed, I think. I'd guess whatever shenanigans brought him onboard would be a main thread for Season 2.
AverageJones
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Is Parsons a jedi?
Big 4-LOM fan over here
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Dro07 said:

I think he isn't in it at the beginning but comes on later in the year.
twilly
AG
Woke up in the middle of the night. Couldn't get back to sleep so decided to see what dropped on Disney+

Lo and behold some new Star Wars content dropped….well, actually, old Star Wars.

Galaxy of Sounds is a series of clips of sounds from the movies and tv shows. No dialogue, no music, just the sounds of Star Wars. Grouped together by certain topics: light side, dark side, ships, etc.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
The Collective
AG
Guess this thread has lost one of its most consistent posters.
Saxsoon
AG
Let's not get this thread nuked too
YNWA_AG
AG

The Collective
AG
Saxsoon said:

Let's not get this thread nuked too

We need somewhere to mark this point in history for the thread. Nothing else really needs to be said.
YouBet
AG
Watched that E1 of Visions. That was pretty cool.

Especially liked the Mary Poppins lightsaber.
Dro07
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Guess this thread has lost one of its most consistent posters.

what happened?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah let's avoid the topic on this thread if we can..it would suck to lose this thread.

But yeah...it's gonna be weird not having Bib's thoughts on everything Star Wars going forward.
redline248
AG
what did muck do?
jeffk
AG
I mean, he's not dead. He'll be back.

edit - oh, nevermind. he should not come back.
Dro07
AG
you cant come back from that if its true.
The Collective
AG
YouBet said:

Well, now I'm scared to watch.
Duncan Idaho
I Have Spoken said:

YouBet said:

Well, now I'm scared to watch.

When they bust out in a star wars rendition of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious it is something amazing
wangus12
AG
Really interested to see where they go with Boba
dave94
AG
twilly said:

Woke up in the middle of the night. Couldn't get back to sleep so decided to see what dropped on Disney+

Lo and behold some new Star Wars content dropped….well, actually, old Star Wars.

Galaxy of Sounds is a series of clips of sounds from the movies and tv shows. No dialogue, no music, just the sounds of Star Wars. Grouped together by certain topics: light side, dark side, ships, etc.

Watching it now, it's pretty awesome. The other special shows they have like the Biomes and vehicle flythroughs are cool too. Just great having unique content like this.
jokershady
AG
jokershady said:

Pretty much agreed with this post.

So far I'd rank them in order of most to least favorite from viewing the first 6:

5, 1, 4, 3, 6, 2

Now it's 5, 1, 7, 4, 3, 6, 2

The Elder had some pretty cool and intriguing moments….the actual "elder" got a little creepy with how he was animated so that was a nice touch
TCTTS
AG
Claude!
TCTTS said:

So is it the destiny of every Jedi to have Han Solo yelling angrily at his ass, or just the destiny of Luke Skywalker?
jokershady
AG
Claude! said:

TCTTS said:

So is it the destiny of every Jedi to have Han Solo yelling angrily at his ass, or just the destiny of Luke Skywalker?
"Looks great kid! Don't get cocky!"
First Page Last Page
Page 1057 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.