Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,055,501 Views | 29475 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Urban Ag
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not looking for an argument here, just curious as to your experience, but how did TLJ marketing bait and switch you?

TLJ subverted my expectations but it wasn't the marketing that did it to me.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was wondering the same thing. I thought that TLJ's marketing was pretty straightforward / fairly representative of the final product.
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My feeling, right or wrong, is they have used the older characters to lure in fans expecting to see the old guys kick ass a little and have their own heroic moments. Instead, they've used them more as just plot devices or foils for the new characters.

It's not a secret on here that I was really unhappy with Luke's role in TLJ. My hope was that JJ would find a way to atone for Luke's terrible ending. Instead, based on these comments, it looks like Luke will again just be some type of plot device for Rey. They'll have him in all the marketing, but then not have him really do anything in the movie.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fair enough. Makes sense.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bangobango said:

My feeling, right or wrong, is they have used the older characters to lure in fans expecting to see the old guys kick ass a little and have their own heroic moments. Instead, they've used them more as just plot devices or foils for the new characters.

It's not a secret on here that I was really unhappy with Luke's role in TLJ. My hope was that JJ would find a way to atone for Luke's terrible ending. Instead, based on these comments, it looks like Luke will again just be some type of plot device for Rey. They'll have him in all the marketing, but then not have him really do anything in the movie.
I agree that what Rian Johnson did with Luke's character was awful. I was also pretty disappointed that Luke was used as a macguffin and didn't even have a speaking part in TFA (even though I did like that movie).
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got a millineum falcon waffle maker for a belated Father's Day gift....that looks like a big millineum falcon.

I know what I'm having in July when we watch ESB
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Make sure to pretend you're a giant space worm as you try and bite it as the Millenium Waffle tries to escape.
Episode IV
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady said:

I got a millineum falcon waffle maker for a belated Father's Day gift....that looks like a big millineum falcon.

I know what I'm having in July when we watch ESB


Porg and waffles with honey butter?
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

From what I've seen on youtube, 45 minutes doesn't seem so bad. And it's probably worth mentioning that they have a pretty extensive non-alcoholic menu as well.


Sorry it took me a week to respond.
When you go to Galaxy's Edge, I'll have my wife and twin daughters stand in line with you at the cantina. You let me know how long those 45 minutes seem
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

So tonight I was out with three friends celebrating one of their birthdays. The one with the birthday is a good friend, and one of his friends was one of the other three guys; someone I've seen / hung out with a handful of times over the years - I guess I'd call him a friend - but he's never been someone I've been super close with.
I can't tell if there are 3 people, 4 people or 50 people based on these sentences.

Also, please ask your friend what his opinion on sand is.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Me + three friends = four people. Not that hard to track.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Me + three friends = four people. Not that hard to track.
So tonight I was out with three friends celebrating one of their birthdays. The one with the birthday is a good friend, and one of his friends was one of the other three two guys; someone I've seen / hung out with a handful of times over the years - I guess I'd call him a friend - but he's never been someone I've been super close with.

This was your fatal mistake.
I want to thank MuckRaker96 for his diligent work.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Touche.
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You call yourself a writer
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

Me + three friends = four people. Not that hard to track.
So tonight I was out with three friends celebrating one of their birthdays. The one with the birthday is a good friend, and one of his friends was one of the other three two guys; someone I've seen / hung out with a handful of times over the years - I guess I'd call him a friend - but he's never been someone I've been super close with.

This was your fatal mistake.
I want to thank MuckRaker96 for his diligent work.
Well, to be fair, I'm an editor and a writer. /humblebrag
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought you guys might like to see this. I finally built my LEGO UCF Millennium Falcon. Took 25 hours, but sooooo worth it!


Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Impressive. Most impressive.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just don't hand it to Harrison Ford.

twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That guy was right, those things DID have a value of over $5,000, until the version I built hit the streets
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alphabet Squadron is the best new canon novel. That excludes movie novelizations. Maybe even best by a considerable margin. Trying to think what else compares and I think Aftermath: Life Debt is probably #2, Lost Stars and Bloodline and Ahsoka also in the mix. And my personal weak spot for Dark Disciple, though I recognize that it has issues.

If you're not a big expanded canon guy, you can pick this up no problem. One of its strengths is it doesn't rely on anything from other sources. The only significant character is Hera Syndulla, and she's a very minor character.

It's really, really good.
tamusc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Alphabet Squadron is the best new canon novel. That excludes movie novelizations. Maybe even best by a considerable margin. Trying to think what else compares and I think Aftermath: Life Debt is probably #2, Lost Stars and Bloodline and Ahsoka also in the mix. And my personal weak spot for Dark Disciple, though I recognize that it has issues.

If you're not a big expanded canon guy, you can pick this up no problem. One of its strengths is it doesn't rely on anything from other sources. The only significant character is Hera Syndulla, and she's a very minor character.

It's really, really good.
Nice, just picked it up on Audible to listen to while on vacation this week.

What are the criticisms of Dark Disciple? I really enjoyed it and it has solid reviews.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mostly I think the whole side thing with his buddy with the stinger is perhaps the most random and pointless thing in the canon. Something I doubt would have made it to the screen on TCW if the show had actually been produced.

Mostly I love it because I love Ventress.
tamusc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lol, fair enough. I think the main story with Ventress and Vos is great, so I tend to gloss over some of those details.
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hadn't heard anything about this one but it looks like Boba Fett is getting his own show on Disney+. Here's a link to the leaked trailer....

Boba Fett Trailer Leaked
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Episode IV
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well played
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today is Bail Organa's birthday. let's all sing to him as we watch this beautiful slide show of some of his greatest moments.












redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That last gif
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was offline for most of May and early June, so not sure if somebody posted this, but Kylo Ren and Snoke 4-part comics are coming in September that I'm almost as excited about as I am the new movie and the Mandalorian.





Love that Ren cover with Vader. Someone younger than me on the board needs to get it as a tattoo.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sith Troopers? Edit: I guess it's not really new news

Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starting dates for Galaxy's Edge: Rise of the Resistance released:

Timing for Opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Announced

December 5th in FL, Jan. 17th in CA.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orlando gets it first!
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twilly said:

Starting dates for Galaxy's Edge: Rise of the Resistance released:

Timing for Opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Announced

December 5th in FL, Jan. 17th in CA.
I tried to casually stroll the wrong way at Disneyland's GE during the fireworks to see if I could peek around the bend towards the RotR area and made it about 7 feet before a Dis-Trooper asked if I needed assistance.
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twilly said:

Starting dates for Galaxy's Edge: Rise of the Resistance released:

Timing for Opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Announced

December 5th in FL, Jan. 17th in CA.
Booooooo...

Was looking at a trip to Disneyland in mid-November.
Page 833 of 843
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.