Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,890 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Saul Goodman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty funny. Lucasfilm has a thing for English brunettes.
TCTTS
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

Kyle needs to mind his own business. There is always more room for beautiful British brunettes.
YouBet
AG
Not to mention Khaleesi is 1000x hotter than the other two. They pale (see what I did there?) in comparison.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
YouBet said:

Not to mention Khaleesi is 1000x hotter than the other two. They pale (see what I did there?) in comparison.

I'd need to see the other 2 fully nude to be sure.......
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Full interview with Rian on Collider.

AliasMan02
AG
Great Yoda's Ghost!!!

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of-thrones-creators-david-benioff-and-d-b-weiss-to-write-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films

GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

"David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today," said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. "Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting."

"In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we've been dreaming of it ever since," Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. "We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete."
No release dates have been set for the new films, and there have (thankfully) been no sightings of White Walkers around Lucasfilm.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Two points of over-analysis:

1. These couldn't be Kenobi films, right? They would be starting too late because we're convinced we get Kenobi in 2020?

2. With two sets of films (one a trilogy and one a "series") that are unrelated and not Skywalker movies, PLUS Kenobi, this means that the saga is officially on hiatus, right? I know we've believed that to be the case, but this seems to confirm.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Obi-Wan trilogy?
redline248
AG
That show has gone downhill since they ran out of source material
AliasMan02
AG
A two-film arc is a "series," right? I still think that's the best version of the Kenobi anthology.
AliasMan02
AG
I've followed Jill for as long as I've had Twitter, but just unfollowed.

The Collective
AG
KOTOR. Make it happen.
The Collective
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Pathetic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02 said:

3rdGen2015
AG
Please be KOTOR
AliasMan02
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Please be KOTOR

I think this could work, especially with these two, as long as everyone (well, everyone reasonable) can agree that a KOTOR story would need to be a clean slate, ground up effort, and not an adaptation of a video game.
3rdGen2015
AG
AliasMan02 said:

3rdGen2015 said:

Please be KOTOR

I think this could work, especially with these two, as long as everyone (well, everyone reasonable) can agree that a KOTOR story would need to be a clean slate, ground up effort, and not an adaptation of a video game.
100% agree. I don't think the narrative from the games would work very well as a movie, I just want to see a movie set in that time period.
The Collective
AG
KOTOR could work. Just use the era and game as a template though. Old world Star Wars could be pretty damn awesome, and the mythos could fit with some of the weird **** you see in GOT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Back when Rian's movies were announced, the Old Republic was tossed around.

I think it makes so much sense in the hands of D&D. Big, epic storyline with lots of characters, different planets, battles and politics.

Could be pretty damn great. I'm hoping they heard the fans' outcry for the Old Republic era and put this in motion.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Back when Rian's movies were announced, the Old Republic was tossed around.

I think it makes so much sense in the hands of D&D. Big, epic storyline with lots of characters, different planets, battles and politics.

Could be pretty damn great.

I think it's interesting that they explicitly ruled out KOTOR for Rian's project, in light of this development.

I think an Old Republic story has to be in play here, for the reasons you mention.
redline248
AG
Give me Darth Bane
AliasMan02
AG
Aaaaaand Kathleen Kennedy is trending on Twitter due to ragetweets about the D&D hire.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here we go. I hate this bull*****
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Here we go. I hate this bull*****

If it makes it better, she's also still getting ragetweeted about for casting too many women as heroines, so I guess she's screwed either way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anything you do pisses somebody off these days.

I wish people just would be happy with the progress that's been made in Hollywood in the past few years and stop trying to force everything further.

Kathleen should not hire a minority or woman director JUST for the sake of doing so. She should look at all available options and choose what's best for THAT project.
TCTTS
AG
Hadn't been on Twitter because I was locked in on a work project. Though, as someone who works in an office filled with entertainment types covering entertainment news, I just now heard the news because a few of the women were audibly griping about this hire in another room. And now every woman in the office sounds pretty pissed, actually. Whatever the next Star Wars project was going to be, so many people were expecting a female director, and so many articles had been written on the subject across the web, that I think the sh*t just hit the fan with this announcement.
TCTTS
AG
Personally, I think this sounds awesome. My bet is that these will take the place of the anthology movies, or will basically be the next iteration of anthology movies. After Kenobi, I don't really know what else they could do in that vein before people simply tart getting sick of filling in backstories. So an Old Republic trilogy - or something along those lines - makes sense to run parallel / in between Rian's new trilogy.
twilly
AG
Don't see why everyone would be upset with this hire. I mean if Lucasfilm follows standard operating procedure, these two will get fired way before the product hits the screen. Plenty of time to hire a woman to fix what a bunch of white guys screwed up.
powerbelly
AG
twilly said:

Don't see why everyone would be upset with this hire. I mean if Lucasfilm follows standard operating procedure, these two will get fired way before the product hits the screen. Plenty of time to hire a woman to fix what a bunch of white guys screwed up.
You clearly aren't a SJW who puts identity above all else.
TCTTS
AG
Also, it's not like B&W are going to direct any of the movies in this series (only write and produce), and Rian will likely only direct the first movie of his trilogy. There will be multiple opportunities for female directors across both series.
twilly
AG
powerbelly said:

twilly said:

You clearly aren't a SJW who puts identity above all else.
No, I'm very diverse. I make fun of everybody.
First Page Last Page
Page 676 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.