Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,875 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Saul Goodman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regarding the live-action series that is coming with the streaming service, I really really hope they cater it to adults. Give the kids the cartoon series and then give us a GOT-style TV-MA Star Wars series.
jabberwalkie09
AG
CJS4715 said:

It's pretty sad that I'm looking forward to a ****ing cartoon (Rebels) more than I am the next SW film.

If by next you mean the Solo film, then yeah I'm right there with you. Still excited to see how IX rounds out the story. And minus Leia flying through space, Holdo being rather insufferable character for the majority of the movie, and Rose's last little bit before passing out I enjoyed TLJ more the second time around than I did the first time.

I still hate space Leia pulling a Superman. She should have just died right then and there imo.
The Collective
AG
Saul Goodman said:

Regarding the live-action series that is coming with the streaming service, I really really hope they cater it to adults. Give the kids the cartoon series and then give us a GOT-style TV-MA Star Wars series.

I doubt they ever go the TV-MA route with this franchise.
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag
AG
You gotta figure that at some point in 81 or 82, when they were filming the Endor scenes, Harrison look a long drag off his cigarette, exhaled, and stated "geez George, these things are really f***ing stupid"
TCTTS
AG
Make up your minds, Disney!

TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Furthermore, The Hollywood Reporter argues that there will be three ads for Disney films instead of Deadline's two. If that's the case, then they will almost certainly be Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, and Solo: A Star Wars Story all movies which look to be set to become of Disney's biggest hits this year. If Disney wants to pull a surprise, they could substitute A Wrinkle In Timefor one of those.

Bear in mind that these two reports are far from an official confirmation, but given that these are trade websites, their advice definitely should be heeded. I certainly think that the Solo trailer is going to be attached to Black Panther from the sound of things on the front of box office projections, that movie is going to blow expectations away with an opening well above the $120M figure that's expected of the film, which itself was already well above initial expectations for the film. As such, they can't afford to not have a Solo trailer attached to it. But at the same time, I don't think they'll wait that long to drop it and if they opt to skip the Super Bowl, there's always the Olympics.
TCTTS
AG
So, basically, it's sounding like the trailer will for sure be attached to Black Panther theatrically. That hasn't really been in doubt. But Disney MIGHT tease the trailer with a shortened spot during the Super Bowl. Then, whether we get the trailer itself online simultaneously or in two weeks is another question.
Flashdiaz
AG
Teaser in the Supervowk with the full trailer on Black Panther sounds like a good plan. Let's go with that
Redstone
AG
Hearing that persons of color who identify as women will be given more writing room opportunities by Disney. And while I appreciated Johnson's very outspoken support for Diversity, hopefully those opportunities will shortly include the director chair.

TCTTS
AG
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

Unfortunately, looks like that trailer isn't going anywhere.
The Collective
AG
I was kind of hoping no Solo trailer or any promo during the SB, because I will be the one guy furiously rewinding the TV and jacking up the volume at someone else's party.
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Teaser in the Supervowk with the full trailer on Black Panther sounds like a good plan. Let's go with that
It's looking more and more like that's the plan...

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Supervowk

is that German?

Ag Since 83
AG
Ubervowk?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Finally. Sounds like we might get a preview spot during the Super Bowl and then the full trailer itself Monday morning.
redline248
AG
Have we really talked about why the Falcon doesn't have the split nose in these promo shots?
AgMarauder04
AG
redline248 said:

Have we really talked about why the Falcon doesn't have the split nose in these promo shots?
Ugh. Which shots? Or just a poster?
The Collective
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

redline248 said:

12 Parsecs will do that.
redline248
AG
I've only seen the poster, but I watched a video in which some guy says it is in the new Lego sets that will be released for the movie. He said in the video "now, we can't show the Legos due to confidentiality, but...."

So take that for what it's worth
AliasMan02
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

redline248 said:

Could be a cargo container in there, which is what that "gap" is for.
twilly
AG
redline248 said:

I've only seen the poster, but I watched a video in which some guy says it is in the new Lego sets that will be released for the movie. He said in the video "now, we can't show the Legos due to confidentiality, but...."

So take that for what it's worth
redline248
AG
He talked about that, too.

Here is the video I watched. Random Google search result, so I don't know anything about the guy

redline248
AG
Well there you go.
Flashdiaz
AG
redline248 said:

haven't noticed that until now... my guess is chewy crashes it into a light pole which is why he's always the co-pilot.
Dro07
AG
you mean the escape pod?
The Collective
AG
Random thing that came to mind as we talk about the Falcon. If BB-8 can lay waste to bad guys from a chicken walker, how come he couldn't operate the Falcon's other gun on Jakku?
MGS
That pod held Jabba's cargo that was jettisoned.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow, I never knew that was a pod.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
redline248 said:

Well, Han did talk about having made a lot of modifications to the Falcon ...
AgMarauder04
AG
AliasMan02 said:

AgMarauder04 said:

redline248 said:

Could be a cargo container in there, which is what that "gap" is for.
I ready somewhere that it was meant to dock with a much bigger container?
TCTTS
AG
twilly
AG
Rey has gone to the Light Side.
First Page Last Page
Page 674 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.