Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,626 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by TCTTS
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't plan on meeting him, I went to meet all the walking dead cast, but while I was sitting in the Kate beckensale panel, I was like I need to go meet him. My main reason was he is 72, lets just be honest, we don't live forever. Didn't wanna pass up the opportunity and regret it later.
dave99ag
AG
He lives in Texas too, so it's probably not too hard for him to make shows here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

That is awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
...while I was sitting in the Kate beckensale panel...
Uhm......pictures of this, please
AMW2010
AG
quote:
quote:
...while I was sitting in the Kate beckensale panel...
Uhm......pictures of this, please

I was late to the panel, so I grabbed a seat by the door, here was my view

Better views.
TCTTS
AG
You lucky SOB.
AMW2010
AG
While at the con, I met Peter Mayhew, Carl Weathers ( Apollo Creed ), Ric Flair...WOOO!, Lennie James (Morgan), Michael Rooker (Meryl Dixon), Norman Reedus ( Daryl Dixon), Lou Ferrigno ( the Hulk), and chatted with Ming Chen (comic book men) for a while. He was a really cool dude. Tara Ried was at the con, and she had like 0 people come see her, at one point I heard she showed up for 10 mi Utes and overheard people talk v about how bad she looked( which she really did) and then she left
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow, that makes me feel pretty bad for her.
The Collective
AG
Tara Reid looks horrible and apparently is crazy (or at least plays crazy) really well. She is in some kind of dating / marriage reality tv show, and I saw the commercial at least 5 times the other night trying to get myself to go to sleep at 2 am watching Law & Order reruns.
AliasMan02
AG
I know it's just the way of the world, but she'd have had some people around her to hang out if she wasn't charging a bunch of money for 10 seconds of her time. Even someone on the C-list like her would have been the talk of the weekend if she was just hanging out and enjoying the show with fans.

I'm sorry I missed the con. The lineup was a little weak this year, I thought. Still would have gone if life had not interrupted.
TajMaballer
AG
Tread lightly on social media today, saw a kinda spoiler for Rogue One. It might have been mentioned in this thread already, but I was a little bummed that I saw it.
The Collective
AG
How could there be any spoilers though - I thought they were re-doing the story and re-shooting the entire film?

And on this spoiler, if it is what I think it is... you will know when the full trailer drops.
3rdGen2015
AG
Yeah, that'll wind up not being a spoiler, don't worry. If you have any friends who want to stay away from it though, I suggest they don't scan the magazines at the grocery store checkout counter this weekend. It's going to be on the front cover of the Entertainment Weekly that is coming out on Friday according to MakingStarWars.
The Collective
AG
I don't think this is spoilery. It seems right in line with things that were discussed here leading up to TFA. If you are interested, read on, and then we can hopefully post more from Entertainment Weekly as they release information.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/06/entertainment-weekly-reveals-tons-of-information-for-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

quote:
If you remember when Entertainment Weeky covered Star Wars The Force Awakens last year, then you'll remember how much news and photos came out of that coverage for the film. Entertainment Weekly just announced that there coverage for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will begin today! They have revealed some information on what they will be posting about in the coming days:

quote:
New information about Jyn Erso (The Theory of Everything's Felicity Jones), the outlaw who has clashed with both the Rebellion and the Empire, and now has a chance to clear her ledger of past wrongs by leading a mission for the good guys. It's also personal her father, played by Mads Mikkelsen, is a scientist whose knowledge is sought by both sides.

quote:
Full details of the squad of characters uniting to take on the Empire, played by the most multicultural cast to appear in a Star Wars film yet: Diego Luna, Jiang Wen, Donnie Yen, Riz Ahmed, Forest Whitaker, and Alan Tudyk as a performance-capture droid. (One of these has been seen before by Star Wars fans.)

quote:
A look at the skullduggery inside the Imperial ranks, as seen through the eyes of a new villain: Ben Mendelsohn's ambitious officer, who's eager to earn the favor of the Emperor and avoid the wrath of his black-masked enforcer.

quote:
Candid revelations from the filmmakers about what the current reshoots are adding to the story as the film nears its December release.

I will leave the last revelation out, but you can probably guess what it is if you've been following this movie.
CapCityAg89
AG
Meh. I agree not really a spoiler - given the context of the movie, it really had to be true or there would've been a hole in the story.
TajMaballer
AG
Yeah, after using logical reasoning, this shouldn't be a spoiler by the time we see a new trailer.. still would have been cool to see it rather than read it.

To be fair, I knew Spider-Man was going to be in Civil War and I loved the crap out of that. So hopefully this is similar to that.
AliasMan02
AG
Was just looking this up, so I thought I might as well post it. For those digging into the new expaded canon, here are the novels to watch for over the rest of the year+.

- Bloodline. Story of Leia and her role in the New Republic Senate, out now and highly recommended.

- Aftermath: Life Debt. Continuing post-Jedi story that promises to be very Han/Chewie heavy. Sadly still written in the awful style of Chuck Wendig, but a book that will continue to be highly influential in Star Wars lore, as was the first. Out July 19.

- Catalyst. A run-up to Rogue One. Out October 4.

- Ahsoka. The story of Ahsoka Tano between her exit from the Clone Wars and her reappearance as Fulcrum in Rebels. Presumably a fleshing out of ideas from Dave Filoni. Really looking forward to this. Out October 11.

- Aftermath: Empire's End. The third and final book by Wendig. Interestingly, this must almost certainly have some crossover with Lost Stars and maybe Bloodline, right? Out January 17.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/licensed-merchandise-sales-hit-2517b-903029

Damn, if there was any doubt that Star Wars is in a league of its own, it sold more merchandise in 2015 than Avengers, Jurassic World, and Minions -- combined.
The Collective
AG
The Collective
AG
quote:
???? (Forest Whitaker)
This character has a past that Star Wars completists will recognize immediately when they see his name, even if he looks very different than the way they've seen him elsewhere. (He even looks different from when we saw him in the teaser trailer.) There's so much to say about this character, we're going to save his revelation for later today. Check back to EW.com around 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT for a deeper exploration of this shadowy figure

Any guesses? Do you take that as he has been in a SW film or is perhaps from the EU / other canon world?
lunchbox
quote:
quote:
???? (Forest Whitaker)
This character has a past that Star Wars completists will recognize immediately when they see his name, even if he looks very different than the way they've seen him elsewhere. (He even looks different from when we saw him in the teaser trailer.) There's so much to say about this character, we're going to save his revelation for later today. Check back to EW.com around 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT for a deeper exploration of this shadowy figure

Any guesses? Do you take that as he has been in a SW film or is perhaps from the EU / other canon world?
I've got $10 on him being Jar Jar...
redline248
AG
Padme's guard captain from episode 2
AliasMan02
AG
Let's speculate wildly.

From the canon:
- a racial recast of Dengar? Doubtful.
- a powerless Mace Windu with bionic hands? Doubtful.
- Namir, from Twilight Company? Maybe, but I don't know if those timelines line up.

From the EU:
- Kyle Katarn? Doubtful.
- Keyan Farlander? Doubtful.
Trying to think of who else is linked to the Death Star plans.

This is exciting. We betting on someone already canon or being brought into canon?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

That's a good guess.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Star Wars completists will recognize immediately when they see his name
Does this fit the bill for any of you? I don't know that guy's name nor would I recognize it.
lunchbox
quote:
quote:

Does this fit the bill for any of you? I don't know that guy's name nor would I recognize
Is this the same Capt. from Ep 1? Capt Panaka?

Nope - just looked it up. Ep 2 Captain is Capt Gregar Typho
AliasMan02
AG
Probably not, but there are precious few black characters in existing Star Wars lore to select from. Especially named characters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

TCTTS
AG
Forest Whitaker is playing Jando Calrissian, Lando's brother.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Does this fit the bill for any of you? I don't know that guy's name nor would I recognize
Is this the same Capt. from Ep 1? Capt Panaka?

Typho in Ep 2.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Forest Whitaker is playing Jando Calrissian, Lando's brother.

So new character but name recognition. Got it. Meh.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is that based on any official release? I'll be honest, I would've rather found out in the movie or trailer.

Also, I wish they'd stop trying to tie everything to existing SW characters.
Duncan Idaho
The writing style of aftermath work pretty well as an audio book. I couldn't make it 10 pages written but I enjoyed the audiobook well enough
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, you guys didn't know that??? Their mom, Nando, is in it to. Along with their dog, Kando. We're getting the whole family...
First Page Last Page
Page 438 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.