Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,222 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank God, that sounded cheesy as hell.
redline248
AG
quote:
Probably not, but there are precious few black characters in existing Star Wars lore to select from. Especially named characters.

And even further, the EU characters don't have name recognition amongst non die hard fans. I don't even know some of those named above.
The Collective
AG
Surely it is not Mace... you would just bring SLJ back for that, I'd assume.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
Probably not, but there are precious few black characters in existing Star Wars lore to select from. Especially named characters.

And even further, the EU characters don't have name recognition amongst non die hard fans. I don't even know some of those named above.

Definitely agree. They did qualify it as to who would recognize, but the only EU character I can see them trying to squeeze into Rogue One would be Kyle Katarn, and Whitaker would be playing him in name only.

I have no idea, really.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

No dumber than bringing maul back.

Twice
jabberwalkie09
AG
Just when I think it's been too quite and I need some more Star Wars in my life, this comes out. I'll speculate wildly.

Panaka or Typho seem like the most obvious. He seems a little old to be Kyle Katarn IMO. He's also too old to be Zare Leonis from Rebels.

I'm going to throw out a really wild possibility: Saw Gerrera of Onderon from TCW.

3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
Just when I think it's been too quite and I need some more Star Wars in my life, this comes out. I'll speculate wildly.

Panaka or Typho seem like the most obvious. He seems a little old to be Kyle Katarn IMO. He's also too old to be Zare Leonis from Rebels.

I'm going to throw out a really wild possibility: Saw Gerrera of Onderon from TCW.

You beat me to it, I think this has to be it. After all, he was basically the OG Rebel.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

I was def kidding. He dead!

I'm taking my brain (and Google Images). I've got nothing. His armor looks like it may have some life support aspects, but that doesn't help.
Duncan Idaho
Good call.

Seeing as he is mentioned in both rebels and bloodlines

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Saw_Gerrera
3rdGen2015
AG
I'm getting my F5 button all warmed up for 1pm.
jeffk
AG
quote:
Forest Whitaker is playing Jando Calrissian, Lando's brother.

It's Djando. The D is silent.
jabberwalkie09
AG
In my mind, the Onderon rebel cell is the same basic idea that gave us the crew of the Ghost in Star Wars Rebels. It being Saw just makes too much sense at this point. More than one TCW character has appeared in Rebels at this point, and Saw Gerrera was named in an episode this season by Kallus. If Whitaker indeed is Saw, then I full expect Saw to make an appearance in Rebels this coming season.

Saw had direct connection to Rex and Ahsoka. I expect there to be a mention of him having seen the impossible be possible or something like that. This would also satisfy the requirement of one of the characters giving a history lesson of some sort. Kenobi did it in Star Wars, and Han did it in TFA. Which means I fully expect him to die.
twilly
AG
I'm going with Willrow Hood

a.k.a Ice Cream Maker Guy

Maybe Rogue One will show how he gets the Ice Cream Maker?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Looks like a young Neil Degrasse Tyson.
bobinator
AG
You guys nailed that one, or at least Jabberwalkie did
jabberwalkie09
AG
Saw Gerrera CONFIRMED
The Collective
AG
jabberwalkie has great knowledge.
AliasMan02
AG
Gonna be awesome. Great choice.
Duncan Idaho
Which comic was it that explained the history of the ice cream maker?

I seem to remember it was infused with the force because it was used to make ice cream for all of the younglings birthday parties. But there was something about it being lost after sidious used it to make chocolate ice cream for a young darth maul and a Prophecy about a discarded make being found on a backwards planet that could bring harmony to the force by swirling the light and dark sides together
twilly
AG
quote:

You have learned much, young one.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
jabberwalkie has great knowledge.
Well, I thought about throwing Dash Rendar out there but thought that was a little too far out there. Padme's security would have been a little too obscure given how I had to think hard on their names. After spider-Maul, I doubt they would resurrect Mace. That left it either being a clone trooper from TCW, or some other character we had seen in the past. A little searching and I found that image, and it sealed the deal for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This might mean something to me if I'd seen CW. I really should get around to it.
twilly
AG
quote:
Which comic was it that explained the history of the ice cream maker?

I seem to remember it was infused with the force because it was used to make ice cream for all of the younglings birthday parties. But there was something about it being lost after sidious used it to make chocolate ice cream for a young darth maul and a Prophecy about a discarded make being found on a backwards planet that could bring harmony to the force by swirling the light and dark sides together
Not sure...but here a pic of Willrow's finest work
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
This might mean something to me if I'd seen CW. I really should get around to it.

I'm sure it's been recommended before, but pick up an episode guide/viewing order on reddit or wherever. Watch them sequentially and skip the hated episodes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Does this exist?
twilly
AG
quote:
Does this exist?
Nope. Totally made up.
http://www.foodbeast.com/news/almost-real-ben-jerrys-boba-fetts-carbonite-crunch/
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

I'm sure it's been recommended before, but pick up an episode guide/viewing order on reddit or wherever. Watch them sequentially and skip the hated episodes.

I.e. those with the heavy hand of lucas
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Does this exist?

That really does sound good tho
jabberwalkie09
AG
EW has confirmed that the character we were dancing around not mentioning yesterday will definitely be in the film, and for an additional bonus guess who is doing the talking?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mr. Mertle
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

http://www.ew.com/gallery/rogue-one-first-look-photos/2642783_deathtroopers-turn-tide
AverageJones
AG
quote:

http://www.ew.com/gallery/rogue-one-first-look-photos/2642783_deathtroopers-turn-tide

Why is the second one holding a storm trooper doll
Duncan Idaho
Those look fun and campy
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The filmmakers didn't want to explain exactly what's happening here, but they confirm: yes, that's a Stormtrooper doll, a galactic version of a toy soldier. And it will have special significance in the story. (Decades later, an abandoned girl name Rey will also fashion a doll for herself this one an X-wing pilot.)

Say what now?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Galactic voodoo dolls?
First Page Last Page
Page 439 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.