Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,344 Views | 43964 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
bilbobag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gotcha..

How do you guys keep all this straight and no which movies pertain what? Aren't they releasing more movies like Rogue One?
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Emperor?

I hope not.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
OK tough guy. I'm not as much a superfan as most on this thread. Just wondering about the timeline of this movie.

Just playing with you, haha.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Tarkin in White? It would make sense to see him this movie, and the resemblance is roughly there, though that looked like maybe a lightsaber on his belt?
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
quote:
Woah!

I know I'll be checking this out, but I wonder how audiences will respond to that darker tone. That didn't look like the traditional kind of Star Wars movie I'd take kids too.

This movie will be huge. This is the movie that people saw the OT as kids wanted the prequels to be.

yes and I saw zero references to the prequels in that trailer. Watching the documentary attached to the force awakens I recall zero references to the prequels as it was chock full of nostalgia and tributes to the original trilogy. And in the force awakens there were maybe a few obscure references to prequel stuff, like Maz mentioning the Sith in a line. All supports my theory that moving forward they're pretending the prequels never happened and leaves the door open for reboots.
AliasMan02
AG
The most impressive thing is Mon Mothma. Looks incredible. Are we sure Disney doesn't have a time machine?
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
Gotcha..

How do you guys keep all this straight and no which movies pertain what? Aren't they releasing more movies like Rogue One?
it's page 397 of a Star Wars thread. Do the math.

And I believe TCTTS analyzed a few pages ago that casual fans did not have this movie on their radar yet
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Woah!

I know I'll be checking this out, but I wonder how audiences will respond to that darker tone. That didn't look like the traditional kind of Star Wars movie I'd take kids too.

This movie will be huge. This is the movie that people saw the OT as kids wanted the prequels to be.

yes and I saw zero references to the prequels in that trailer. Watching the documentary attached to the force awakens I recall zero references to the prequels as it was chock full of nostalgia and tributes to the original trilogy. And in the force awakens there were maybe a few obscure references to prequel stuff, like Maz mentioning the Sith in a line. All supports my theory that moving forward they're pretending the prequels never happened and leaves the door open for reboots.
it looks gritty, violent, dark. Yes. And the WWII feel to it. God I really hate to praise mega corp Disney too much but at the same time, this whole franchise is so moving in the right direction. Entertainment for years to come.
Duncan Idaho
Even more reason not to trust her.
The Collective
AG
Well, internet, I am behind on this but HOLY ****! The trailer was better than I expected.

Is the AT-AT shot on Geonosis? Edit: I am dumb. Looks like a tropical paradise!
jabberwalkie09
AG
OH MY.... Holy sheeet.... This looks awesome. Take my money now. Will see day one.

"What will you become?"

That final shot..........

Gareth Edwards looks like he will give us our first Star Wars film that is a full on war movie.
The Collective
AG
quote:
How do you guys keep all this straight and no which movies pertain what?

Honestly, we are nerds. Don't feel bad if you are having a tough time keeping it all straight. Lucasfilm has their work cut out for them to get the setting and timeline for this story to the masses.
cr0wbar
AG
Just saw the trailer - help me understand something.
As someone that very much enjoyed TFA - why are we being introduced to a whole new set of protagonists after the 2-3 that we REALLY enjoyed last December? And Forest Whitaker? Really? I mean- you can put a cool soundtrack on a trailer and make it sound ominous, but I don't understand the direction their going. Unless the full intention is to churn out Star Wars movies every 11-12 months now because we're Disney.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Tarkin in White? It would make sense to see him this movie, and the resemblance is roughly there, though that looked like maybe a lightsaber on his belt?
Tarkin makes sense. Him being in Rebels leaves this as a good transition before he commands the Death Star.

What you thought was a lightsaber isn't on his belt. Probably something attached to the floor. Looks like a blaster case on his belt, though.
M.C. Swag
AG
1) HELL YEA, take my money please
2) Another white female lead with a British accent? Hadn't been aware of this but at this point it's starting to get repetitive.
SwigAg11
AG
If it's not Tarkin, I hope they introduce the Grand Admirals for a Thrawn movie down the road.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
As someone that very much enjoyed TFA - why are we being introduced to a whole new set of protagonists after the 2-3 that we REALLY enjoyed last December? And Forest Whitaker? Really? I mean- you can put a cool soundtrack on a trailer and make it sound ominous, but I don't understand the direction their going. Unless the full intention is to churn out Star Wars movies every 11-12 months now because we're Disney.

This is a one off. You won't have to keep track of these characters. The Anthology films that are coming in the "off years" from the trilogies are "in the universe" of Star Wars.

Yes, a Star Wars film every year. Odd years are Trilogy films, even years are the Anthology films.
wangus12
AG
That is their intentions. This is a one-off movie for all intents and purposes. They will most likely not be in other films. Most of these characters will probably die in this movie, kind of like Saving Private Ryan. This is a war movie located in the Stars
The Collective
AG
quote:
Unless the full intention is to churn out Star Wars movies every 11-12 months now because we're Disney.

M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
It's smart business. A sustainable franchise needs more than the Skywalkers/Solos. To do that you have to create tangental stories with new faces. Plus, Star Wars is filled with so much untapped potential, it would be a cinematic travesty to simply ignore it because Daisy Ridley's character doesn't fit into the narrative.
M.C. Swag
AG
And I really really hope that IF Darth Vader has any role in this movie that they keep him off the trailers! (Maybe I should just ban myself from watching/reading anything from this point on)
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
Tarkin makes sense. Him being in Rebels leaves this as a good transition before he commands the Death Star.

What you thought was a lightsaber isn't on his belt. Probably something attached to the floor. Looks like a blaster case on his belt, though.

Way too young to be tarkin. And tarkin was already an established grand moff by the time this movie would end.
AgMarauder04
AG
So, the Admiral in charge of the Death Star until he couldn't prevent the plans from being stolen and Vader force chokes the F outta him?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

Tarkin is already a Grand Moff by the time this takes place. This guy is wearing the rank of a Fleet Admiral, but the white uniform could mean he is an ISB (intelligence) officer, not a strictly naval rank, like Wullf Yularen in ANH.
wangus12
AG
Agreed. Although I was waiting for a reveal at then end. When we get closer, I imagine he will be breathing at the end of a trailer to build hype with people not fully initiated into Star Wars
Mr. White
quote:
That is their intentions. This is a one-off movie for all intents and purposes. They will most likely not be in other films. Most of these characters will probably die in this movie, kind of like Saving Private Ryan. This is a war movie located in the Stars

*full on seizure but smiling simultaneously*
Duncan Idaho
quote:

That is exactly the intent.
In very rough terms:
Star wars saga - the sky walker family story - one of those every 24 months. Aimed at kids and selling toys.
And then other movies thrown in every on the off years. Aimed at the 18-45 male movie going and video game buying demo.
AgMarauder04
AG
I know the intent is to imply she could switch sides, but her character seems to dictate she wouldn't conform.
The Collective
AG
quote:
And I really really hope that IF Darth Vader has any role in this movie that they keep him off the trailers! (Maybe I should just ban myself from watching/reading anything from this point on)

Man, I really doubt that they can hold out if he is in it. They will show or at least hint at him to put the hype into hyderdrive.
RebAg13
AG
You at least will hear Vader breathing at some point so the masses know when this takes place
lunchbox
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
I know the intent is to imply she could switch sides, but her character seems to dictate she wouldn't conform.

I assumed that was a scene after she had snuck onto to the Death Star.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I agree that she wouldn't conform. It seems more like her infiltrating the base type of a thing IMO.

Edit: ninja'd by SwigAg11.
Max Power
AG
Goddammnit, it looks awesome, *******it!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Emperor?
Possibly. Those are definitely imperial guards.
First Page Last Page
Page 397 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.