Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,511 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're now averaging one new page every 11 hours on this thread.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
We're now averaging one new page every 11 hours on this thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're certainly doing your part with the dps.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I remember that from when I read it a few months back. Kind of funny, but kind of disturbing at the same time.
OnlyForNow
AG
That's right Kit Fisto...

Weird Surname.
TCTTS
AG
Tired to re-watch bits and pieces of the prequels over the weekend and I just couldn't do it. As previously mentioned, the effects are far worse than I remembered, but what surprised me the most was how bad Hayden Christensen is. He seriously might be worse than Jar Jar. I remember him not being great, but he was asbolutely unbearable all these years later. These movies legitimately feel like a stilted high school production of the prequels, only with an insane budget, and Christensen is like the emo jock who somehow got cast in the lead role. Will definitely be skipping straight to the OT in my pre-TFA re-watch...
Duncan Idaho
What is the story with the new editions I saw at Sam's yesterday?

Is it just new packaging or is there new content I need to forrent?
TCTTS
AG

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/11/16/official-image-of-new-star-wars-character-released
The Collective
AG
The Collective
AG

The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do you guys realize we are 31 days away? That's a month.

We are a month away from Star Wars Episode VII...
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Holy cow that was aweome!!!!
jr15aggie
AG
The more I talk or hear people talking about the prequels the more I hate them. They are OK if I just sorta turn off my brain and accept them. But as soon as you take a close look they are painful. And the worst part was they were painful in the theater. Some awesome parts, but for the most part I would cringe inside around every 10-15 minutes.

If TFA is as good as we think it's going to be (and 8 & 9 are solid too) I gotta think the prequels will be pretty much be completely ignored by most fans going forward. Heck if this new trilogy rocks I don't think anybody would hate on Disney for completely rebooting Episodes I - III (no way they would do this though... unfortunately).
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Ki Adi Mundi's hologram is a better actor than Hayden Christiansen in the Jedi Council scenes.

Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGregor probably had to get sauced up to act off that guy.

AOTC really suffers not having Liam Neeson as a center figure to guide the action. I've thought Natalie Portman is a good actress in other things, but her and Hayden alone in scenes is miserable.

But nothing beats "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" Why is that? Saving lives? Sacrificing themselves for people they'll never meet? Being largely pacifists?
Duncan Idaho
Ive mentioned this before but I think they might claw back some things.

A throwaway line about how "even the jedI of the Republic didn't know all of the mysteries of the force and thought it was tied to the midichloians.

And the rule of two will be done away with....just so ****ing Downey even the clone wars and rebels have both realize how limiting to possible stories this stupid rule is.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
even the clone wars and rebels have both realize how limiting to possible stories this stupid rule is.
Remember that in TFU, Vader had Starkiller as his secret apprentice just as Dooku had Ventress and tried with Savage. In each instance I believe that Palpatine told his apprentice to Starkiller/Ventress/Savage. I don't think Palpatine cared about the number of underlings that Vader or Dooku had to do their bidding for Palpatine, but I do think he cared very much if either Vader or Dooku was planning to use them to overthrow him.
TCTTS
AG

quote:
And the rule of two will be done away with....just so ****ing Downey even the clone wars and rebels have both realize how limiting to possible stories this stupid rule is.

I think they're skirting around that by just doing away with the Sith altogether. Abrams has made it clear that Kylo is not a Sith, and it doesn't sound like Snoke is either. My guess is that just like the First Order has risen from the ashes of the Empire, whatever this new Dark Side sect is has risen from the ashes of the Sith. It's a chance to just start over on both accounts, with a fresh take, fresh "rules," etc.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

Ki Adi Mundi's hologram is a better actor than Hayden Christiansen in the Jedi Council scenes.

Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGregor probably had to get sauced up to act off that guy.

AOTC really suffers not having Liam Neeson as a center figure to guide the action. I've thought Natalie Portman is a good actress in other things, but her and Hayden alone in scenes is miserable.

But nothing beats "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" Why is that? Saving lives? Sacrificing themselves for people they'll never meet? Being largely pacifists?

Lucas thought that forcing the phrase "point of view" in there was masterful storytelling, no doubt.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
BBC award show skit featuring R2, 3PO, Warwick Davis and BB8. And a bunch of people whom I suppose are British celebrities, although I only recognized Black Eyed Pea guy, Bilbo, and Stephen Merchant.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I gotta think the prequels will be pretty much be completely ignored by most fans going forward.

I think you older folks underestimate how many people actually enjoy the films. I went to see TPM 3D re-release in 2011 in a pretty packed theater.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
BBC award show skit featuring R2, 3PO, Warwick Davis and BB8. And a bunch of people whom I suppose are British celebrities, although I only recognized Black Eyed Pea guy, Bilbo, and Stephen Merchant.

That was actually really well done. Credit to Warwick and his acting chops... that kind of skit is usually a horrible mess of cheesy one-liners. He actually did a great job with that and made it enjoyable!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I gotta think the prequels will be pretty much be completely ignored by most fans going forward.

I think you older folks underestimate how many people actually enjoy the films. I went to see TPM 3D re-release in 2011 in a pretty packed theater.
I'm pretty confident I fall into the younger spectrum of this discussion, and I have no love for the PT outside of ROTS.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
just another gif to pass the time

Bruce Almighty
AG
AOTC is the only one I think is bad. The other two are decent and I'll watch anytime.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

The more options there are for comparison, the worse they'll look.
Btron
AG
IMHO, Mark Hamill was a pretty lousy actor and by far the weakest link of the cast. I don't watch SW and expect to find solid acting. So when some criticize 1-3 for the horrible acting, I'd say it is what's to be expected.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sure, a lot of people don't like them.

I didn't say all young people enjoy them.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
IMHO, Mark Hamill was a pretty lousy actor and by far the weakest link of the cast. I don't watch SW and expect to find solid acting. So when some criticize 1-3 for the horrible acting, I'd say it is what's to be expected.

Hammil was the weak link....but I am so glad for that fact. If he had been a better actor, Han wouldnt have been as big of a character as he was.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Giving these out at Disneyland. I want one.

OnlyForNow
AG
That is a WEIRD hand. Notice the arm hair (?) at the wrist.... shudder....
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
How about this great piece of dialogue from Young Anakin.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For all you guys that hate the prequels but want to watch them before TFA, this might help you out. The Collider Movie Talk guys are putting out commentaries for all six movies, and those guys hate the prequels more than anyone in here, guaranteed.

You might enjoy watching them with their commentary. They put out their TPM commentary last week and should be putting one up for AOTC this week.

jabberwalkie09
AG
MST3K/Rifftrax did something for the PT right? I may have to check into that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Official version of TV spot #2.
First Page Last Page
Page 262 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.