Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,113 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, that definitely seems to confirm the talk of Rey and Finn flying the Falcon solo off Jakku. Makes no sense... Can't figure out how or why... Which is awesome cause I don't want to know.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Kylo deflecting those blaster shots.

Kylos brashness with his Saber makes him seem 1000x more knightly than any of the jedi on the prequels
jr15aggie
AG
JJ: The trailer on the 19th is the last "trailer".
bangobango
AG
My theories: Kylo isn't anybody's butthurt son because that would be terrible and lazy. Rey isn't anybody's daughter because that would be lazy.

Crazy theory: Kylo has found some way to syphon force power from jedi and is killing them and taking their force power and making himself stronger in the process.
RebAg13
AG
There's no way somebody isn't related to the skywalkers. They are the center of the series.
TCTTS
AG
There are no Jedi left to "syphon" from, so I don't know how that would even work.

And like reborn just said, it's been officially confirmed that this new trilogy is about the Skywalkers. One, if not both of Rey and Kylo will absolutely be related to Luke / Han / Leia in some way.
Duncan Idaho
Is he eating their flesh and gaining the midichlorians?
Texaggie7nine
quote:
I think they transfer to him when he cuts their heads off.
7nine
AggieSouth06
quote:
quote:

If venmo worked like that I would download it.
HeadGames
AG
quote:
quote:

Sweet! A Star Wars themed highlander!? I like the way you think.
jeffk
AG
There can be only Solo.
bangobango
AG
quote:

As good as the idea of making him a Skywalker.

If the new "Darth Vader" is a Skywalker then all the Rebels should unite to exterminate the Skywalker line. They are obviously more trouble than they are worth if the crazy genes appears every other generation.
bangobango
AG
quote:
There are no Jedi left to "syphon" from, so I don't know how that would even work.

And like reborn just said, it's been officially confirmed that this new trilogy is about the Skywalkers. One, if not both of Rey and Kylo will absolutely be related to Luke / Han / Leia in some way.

Maybe not trained Jedi, but those with force potential.
Silvertaps
AG
Verizon Star Wars commercial:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Maybe after he had single-handedly destroyed Death Star I, defeated Darth Vader in single-combat, and was the only person alive who saw Palps die, Luke went on a "Bang the Universe" spree for a couple of years, and Rey, Kylo, AND Finn are all his kids.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
Kylo deflecting those blaster shots.

Kylos brashness with his Saber makes him seem 1000x more knightly than any of the jedi on the prequels
You almost sound like you didn't like it when 80 Jedi ran head first at 5,000 battle droids in the Geonosis Arena in Attack of the Clones.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Verizon Star Wars commercial:

Very nice. Definitely reminds me of the 80s commercials that dove right into the universe of a movie to promote it's products. Well done and classic. Another win for the new Star Wars.
double aught
AG
So does Peter Mayhew make that Chewbacca sound? Or is it someone else?
Duncan Idaho
No kidling. Jump to 6:30 of this video and look how awkward they all look with their sabers.

I will say after watching that, those movies might not have been so horrible if they had done them in rotoscope or some other kind of animation.

jabberwalkie09
AG
What bugged me about that entire sequence was how awkward the Jedi deploying their lightsabers looked. It was so apparent that everything around them was added later. Like there is a female Jedi that deploys it over her head and then moved her hand and looks like she using the force to either move something or slow something, but it just looks so damn awkward.
Duncan Idaho
Yeah you can see a couple of them stutter stepping up to their mark to make sure they don't run past it.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This one has really started to bug me.
The Collective
AG
We just wrapped up the prequels in my house. It is amazing how much overload is happening in the movies, especially the scenes on Coruscant. In Ep 3, the scene near the end when Obi-Wan reveals to Padme that Anakin has turned to the dark side is a great example. There are vehicles racing by the windows throughout the whole scene, it is so g'damn distracting and ruins what should be a pretty emotional scene.
The Collective
AG
quote:
This one has really started to bug me.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6827383467_38cb77135d_o.gif

Jedi warm-ups.
jr15aggie
AG
I will say that I definitely found the concept of "finally" getting to see an army of Jedi go into battle was completely awesome in AOTC. But yeah, they screwed it up like so much with the prequels.

The issue is definitely the fact that you have a few dozen glorified extras in Jedi robes standing in front of a massive green screen and they are running at nothing and then slow down and start attacking nothing. Even in some of the more close-up / individual shots it looks horrible and way off.

In short, they look about as dumb as I do when I play with my son's lightsaber and have a duel with the invisible man!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wish all the major lightsaber fights in the prequels had been like the Maul fight in TPM. You don't need to flourish the duel with a ton of CGI and "activity" in the background. The fight itself should be front and center.

That's why I think this was the best saber action in the PT (skip to 3:25):

Simple (if a bit choreographed), but awesome and intense. You didn't need the magma explosions and platform-surfing on lava in ROTS. Granted, the volcano setting itself was cool, but you didn't need all the "extra" stuff.

Anakin vs. Dooku in AOTC had the right idea, but I think Lucas overdid it with the series of face close-ups. A few of those was cool but it felt like most of the lightsaber action happened out of frame. I can see what he was going for though.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Having watched bits and pieces of the movies in the last few weeks as one of my daughters really gets interested, AOTC is by far the worst for me, not only in plot /acting but in the laziness of the effects.

As previously mentioned, the Geonosis battle is horrifyingly bad. Such a disservice to the fans to have this legion of Jedi all being just a bunch of extras in robes running around. Except for when Mace grabs his saber away from Jango, I don't think any of them use the force at all, just their sabers. As horrifying can be at times between Jar Jar's dialogue and Jake Lloyd's struggles, AOTC really is miserable for me, particularly once they are all on Geonosis, with the exception of Dooku's conversation with Obi-Wan
OnlyForNow
AG
Octopus haired guy uses the force push to knock over a battle driod into 3po
The Collective
AG
The force is strong with Davy Jones
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
This fight is definitely the best part of all the prequels. It is incredible how cheesy and little kiddish the entire series was. From Jar Jar to the droids and overload of CGI, these movies are not good at all.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
Anakin vs. Dooku in AOTC had the right idea, but I think George overdid it with the series of face close-ups.

I'm sure a lot of that was to use Christopher Lee's talents as much as possible, and his facial expressions are his high point while the rest of it would have just been a body double with a costly CGI face. Unfortunately, up close expressions are one of Hayden Christiansen's weaknesses, along with walking, talking, emoting, looking mad, looking sad, running, and falling to the dark side convincingly.

OnlyForNow
AG
HAHAHA! I'm glad you're not chastising me for not knowing his name even though I've seen it on here a few times and he is one of the most well known Jedi, outside of the core group.
jabberwalkie09
AG
The lack of choreographed direction for sabers at all on Geonosis was pretty apparent. It was like Lucas said "Hey here's a lightsaber. Stand in front of this green screen and do some sweet moves." It just didn't work well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I always liked Fisto's smile after that force push. Guy's having fun out there.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I always liked Fisto's smile after that force push. .Guy's having out there.

In the ROTS novelization, his decapitated head is smiling while sitting on Palpy's desk when Anakin arrives to "help" the Jedi capture him.
First Page Last Page
Page 261 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.