Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,889,152 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/

If this theory is correct, Jar Jar might be the greatest character in the Star Wars saga.
quote:
Also note that in Attack of the Clones, when they first meet up again, Anakin is forlorn and tells Jar Jar, "She (Padme) has forgotten me completely."

Jar Jar is very quick to buoy his hopes, though, telling Anakin, "No, no she's happy to see you, happier than I've ever seen her!"

I think Lucas chimed in on that reddit thread.

See my post above.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The Force Awakens officially comes out NEXT MONTH.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
The Force Awakens officially comes out NEXT MONTH.

Is there really going to be a day in the near future when somebody will say... "officially comes out next WEEK". I'm pretty sure I'll be in the theater at 6:30 on December 17 and there will still be a small, but not insignificant, part of me that doesn't believe I'm about to watch a new Star Wars movie.
SeattleAgJr

Texaggie7nine
Maybe I'll be able to see TFA in IMAX non 3D in heaven.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SeattleAgJr
wangus12
AG
That is so damn ****ed up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seriously, it's so ****ing stupid. What's a guy in a Vader mask gonna do with a freaking lightsaber?

I completely understand if they want to check for weapons and maybe pat people down. But no costumes? Seriously?

Pathetic.
jr15aggie
AG
That the reason why I'm going opening night (Thursday) at the first 7:00 showing... I want to see all the "freaks & geeks". I won't personally dress up, but I'd like to see others that do. I also want to be in the theater with them nerding out before the show. Just as long as they turn off their electric/plastic sword toys when the movie starts I don't care.

Don't hit anybody too hard in football or we'll throw you out of the game... here Jimmy, you didn't get a base hit all season and can't throw the ball 5 feet, but we'd like to give you this participation trophy... and now the nerds can't even dress up for a movie... this country is turning into a big vagina!!!!
Duncan Idaho
quote:

I never realized how creepy that ad is.

Cosby must have be on the ad team
The Collective
AG
I will use my astromech droid to smuggle my lightsaber into the theater.
Malachi Constant
AG

Sarcastaball
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Local Theaters Implementing Bans On Costumes For New 'Star Wars' Film

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/10/30/local-theaters-implementing-bans-on-costumes-for-new-star-wars-film/

This photo was tweeted out at Cinemark Theater, showing tickets are on sale now, but also showing the fine print at the bottom that reads, "no face coverings, face paint, or simulated weapons including light sabers will be allowed in the buildings."
let's see what they do the first time a hot girl dressed as leia or padme or darth talon strolls in.

it'll be like the end of the hunger games when they suddenly switch the rules back.
The Collective
AG
quote:
it'll be like the end of the hunger games when they suddenly switch the rules back.

Spoiler!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yup. I was looking forward to seeing some sweet Darth Maul face paint, too. Maybe snap a few pics.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apparently they still haven't been able to secure a release date in China. I'm sure it happens eventually, but if it doesn't get a release there, it probably doesn't touch Avatar.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Apparently they still haven't been able to secure a release date in China. I'm sure it happens eventually, but if it doesn't get a release there, it probably doesn't touch Avatar.
Get Nien Nunb over there to negotiate it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Or two Jedi knights to commence aggressive negotiations.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
The negotiations have failed! We dare not go against the Jedi!
Duncan Idaho
quote:

I sure am glad that technology advanced enough in the 20 years between rtoj and tpm to make filming these negotiations a reality
TCTTS
AG
http://collider.com/star-wars-7-spoilers-book-disney
Duncan Idaho
Is that link about spoilers for swVII

Or

7 spoilers about star wars from Disney books?

Or

7 spoilers for Disney books from star wars?
Malachi Constant
AG
i won't touch that radioactive link
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Disney spoilers 7 Star Wars books for.

TCTTS
AG
Sorry, should have been more specific. It's just an article about how Disney has requested the book publisher delay the publishing of the official novel to three weeks after the release of the movie. It's actually a quick, interesting article.
twilly
AG
I pre-ordered the book on Amazon back in June, and it always showed the release date of the book would be January.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Begun the marketing hype has. /Yoda

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Begun the marketing hype has. /Yoda

Wow... One of the best kids commercials I've seen like ever. That even got me hyped! And as a dad of 3 I can't agree more... Star Wars and their line of toys are indeed great for the imagination!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Because of her slight stature, the girl would be more effective if she were to master Ataru rather than sticking with the traditional Soresu form.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meanwhile in Britain...
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Meanwhile in Britain...
http://i.imgur.com/Fk37GjAh.jpg
Thirteen year old me just got excited.... 18 year old me pushed him out of the way... 32 year old me laughs at 18 year old me because now I have a bank account to empty....
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Because of her slight stature, the girl would be more effective if she were to master Ataru rather than sticking with the traditional Soresu form.

I was thinking the same thing
OnlyForNow
AG
That is an awesome commercial.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

I was thinking the same thing
NERDS
First Page Last Page
Page 241 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.