Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,891,391 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
One other thing to consider in all of the official information provided is that there is surely some misdirection.
This is a great point.
Simplebay
AG
i agree this is spoiler territory. i might be hearing too much
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm a huge Star Wars fan who likes talking about it, and they are mild spoilers so I don't care enough to not come back to the thread. But I definitely feel they are spoilers and I wish people wouldn't post them on here

I suppose you don't consider the "Qui-gon's Noble End" thing a spoiler since it was an official soundtrack release?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I'm a huge Star Wars fan who likes talking about it, and they are mild spoilers so I don't care enough to not come back to the thread. But I definitely feel they are spoilers and I wish people wouldn't post them on here

I suppose you don't consider the "Qui-gon's Noble End" thing a spoiler since it was an official soundtrack release?
That could have been the name of an adult film Qui-Gon did when he was young and needed the money.
TCTTS
AG
So good...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/10/20/star_wars_the_force_awakens_trailer_premiered_new_john_williams_music.html
TCTTS
AG
Some of you sound exactly the people who wait a month to watch an episode of TV on their DVR, and then complain that someone vaguely talked about a plot point from that epsiode on Twitter three weeks after the episode aired. Not everyone is going to cater to your every whim. Not everyone defines spoilers the same as you do. Who owns a castle shown in the trailer is NOT a spoiler. It's simply an inconsequential fact that you would rather not know. In that case, again, don't click on a thread on the internet where the very basics of the movie are being discussed. No one's going to spoil anything of significance. But we also aren't to speak in code and invisible spoiler tags when it comes to completely inconsequential stuff like that. This thread doesn't exist to cater solely to your individual preferences of what you do or don't want to know. There would be an endless list of rules if it did, and the conversation would die in a heartbeat.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The vocal-ized tracks of the original themes was epic. I remember thinking it was a perfect mix of the prequel and OT scores. Just amazing.
Simplebay
AG
woooo star wars.

don't ask people to leave, just be careful what we venture into. I'm just saying the castle comment was venturing into territory i may not want to go. that doesn't mean i want to (should apparently be compelled to by TC's implication) abandon the thread. chill out
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Official IMAX poster. (Hopefully will be getting one of these bad boys on opening night)
amercer
AG
quote:
So good...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/10/20/star_wars_the_force_awakens_trailer_premiered_new_john_williams_music.html

Good stuff.

As for the spoilers, I don't want to know anything at all about the movie going in.

But I can't help myself

Thankfully with a job, two kids, little sleep, and a bazillion other things going on in life I'm pretty sure I've already forgotten details that I saw months ago that I though we're spoilery (like the vanity fair article that I totally read but remember none of).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just relax man, let's just drop the issue.
TCTTS
AG
- Multiple people literally asked what that structure was in the trailer.

- I answered with the same answer publicly provided in an Abrams-sanctioned interview.

- People griped at me for posting a "spoiler."

- I said it's not a spoiler if the production itself released the info.

- People complained that they didn't even want to know publicaly-released info.

- I said, fine, then don't venture into a thread discussing said publicly-released info.

And now I'm the one being irrational?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be fair, in your post you said that it's where they would hear that character say the speech from the trailer, which made it sound like you knew plot points about the film. I don't know if that part was in the article or not, but that was my impression at first glance.

But again, can we just drop this issue and get back to nerding out about every frame of this trailer?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
you should have claimed it was a Ysalamir hive TCTTS and see if they freaked out.
AgMarauder04
AG
You are clicking on a thread which is discussing what is probably the biggest movie of all time. Plot discussions and analysis is going to come up. Deal with it. Juat know that things some people consider "spoilers" are going to inevitably be on the thread.
AliasMan02
AG
Y'all need to fly casual.
TCTTS
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
I really hope this movie outgrosses Titanic and Avatar. Good Gawd.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
you should have claimed it was a Ysalamir hive TCTTS and see if they freaked out.

TC doesn't EU, he has no idea what a Ysalamir is! Next thing you'll be asking him to tell you the difference between a vroksmr and a voxyn!
Red Five
AG
quote:
Is there even a chance it wont? People on here have bought six sets of tickets already. Have they released any information on how many tickets were bought last night? A friend told me that his coworker tried to buy tickets this morning and couldn't get anything until 3 days after release.
AgMarauder04
AG
Y'all want me to post the entire complied synopsis (not verified) on here? I'm pretty sure that would qualify as a spoiler.
Red Five
AG
quote:
quote:

TC doesn't EU, he has no idea what a Ysalamir is! Next thing you'll be asking him to tell you the difference between a vroksmr and a voxyn!
I think you mean Vornskr.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, I do! +5 Republic dataries to you!
Keegan99
AG
I'll take a PM.
Simplebay
AG
where was this first mentioned...is this official?

Rey, apparently on the planet Takodana, is royally pissed at someone and shooting her (really cool looking) blaster at them.

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
where was this first mentioned...is this official?

Rey, apparently on the planet Takodana, is royally pissed at someone and shooting her (really cool looking) blaster at them.

That was from one of the analyses TC posted.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Is it going to be good? Yes.

Is it worth buying tickets two months in advance to put up with massive crowds, retardation, and probably violence in some theaters? Hell no.

Ill go see it a week or two later.
I imagine there won't be massive crowds at the marathon. Only hard core nerds. I'll be the most athletic person there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Is there even a chance it wont? People on here have bought six sets of tickets already. Have they released any information on how many tickets were bought last night? A friend told me that his coworker tried to buy tickets this morning and couldn't get anything until 3 days after release.

Domestically? It will blow away Titanic. JW made $651m, right behind Titanic with $658m. Avatar is at $760m. I wouldn't say it's a guarantee it tops Avatar but it's got a good chance. $700m is guaranteed, imo.

Adjusted for inflation though? Gonna be hard to crack the top 10. TPM is #17.
SUPAGGIE
Lol. I haven't seen avatar.
Simplebay
AG
Yes i know, that's where i pulled it... where did that analysis get it from?
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm sad we aren't just getting a treatment of the Thrawn trilogy because I was always fascinated with vornskrs. And you know, the trilogy would be amazing.
wangus12
AG

I think this happens after the X-wings v. Stormtroopers.

Nevermind, I forgot about Poe being captured on the Star Destroyer
dave94
AG
quote:
So good...

"But Luke makes his true appearance at the end of the trailer. The final track we hear is the familiar Star Wars theme, played slowly and somberly, as a disembodied voice tells someone to "let the Force in."

That's Luke's theme. He is calling for us."

This was the part of the trailer that got me a bit verklempt. This version of the theme over the title card was just so emotional.

Great stuff.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Lol. I haven't seen avatar.

Worse than TPM.
Texaggie7nine
Marqee Edwards is having a Star Wars Marathon before the release. Starts at 4am and costs like $55 a person.
7nine
First Page Last Page
Page 220 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.