Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,564 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by TCTTS
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm towards the end of season 6 of clone wars? Who is the Jedi master on the council that's a weird snake species? Want to look him up in wookiepedia.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
The Collective
AG
Poof is Snoke and Lama Su's love child.
ChipFTAC01
AG
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Oppo_Rancisis
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yoda's little Tie-Yoda is pretty awesome.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
**** Coleman Trebor. Had a clear shot at an unarmed Dooku and let Jango Fett light him up like a Christmas tree.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Hagen95
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

**** Coleman Trebor. Had a clear shot at an unarmed Dooku and let Jango Fett light him up like a Christmas tree.

Unarmed? Isn't his light saber visible on his waist?
Flashdiaz
AG
Yareel Poof lego fig:

Decay
AG
This was the only way I learned who the Jedi are

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Yareel Poof lego fig:

The first time we saw TPM in the theater, my brother saw Poof and said "If a bad guy doesn't cut that guy's head off, I'm really going to be disappointed."
ChipFTAC01
AG
It's been a long time since I've watched AOTC and maybe it's just because it's a mashed up clips or maybe because I've been watching a lot of animated Jedi over the last 6 months but a lot of those Jedi "Masters" looked really awkward brandishing their light sabers.
bluefire579
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

It's been a long time since I've watched AOTC and maybe it's just because it's a mashed up clips or maybe because I've been watching a lot of animated Jedi over the last 6 months but a lot of those Jedi "Masters" looked really awkward brandishing their light sabers.
Yeah. I think it would have been cool to have the less humanoid ones either using lightsaber-based weapons more suited to their anatomy or had been more focused on force powers than the weapon itself. Obviously as originally designed for the OT, it was a human weapon, so when you start introducing non-human jedi, you're going to have that issue.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tomorrow's interview subject is in this picture Also Karen Gilliam in that picture, dang.

ChipFTAC01
AG
I just remembered that I have the entire series on the mini Computer in my pocket. Yeah, you can definitely tell who got intensive sword training in Pre production and who showed up the day of filming and clicked on a lightsaber for the first time.

It's also incredible how poor the CGI looks on a 5" screen.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Decay
AG
bluefire579 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah. I think it would have been cool to have the less humanoid ones either using lightsaber-based weapons more suited to their anatomy or had been more focused on force powers than the weapon itself. Obviously as originally designed for the OT, it was a human weapon, so when you start introducing non-human jedi, you're going to have that issue.
I literally cringe every time Kit Fisto does anything with a lightsaber.

Tie your dredtacles up or something man!
jeffk
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

They're kind of like tenured faculty when they have to go teach an undergraduate course.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Tomorrow's interview subject is in this picture Also Karen Gilliam in that picture, dang.

Sarcasm-spouting metal man?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bluefire579 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Watching the 50 Jedi extras charging at the droids like a bunch of 14 year olds doing CosPlay is by far my least favorite moment of the entire prequel trilogy. That sequence could have been the pinnacle of the prequels - showing off so many different powrs in the Force that different species can manifest; showing how one Jedi is worth 20, 30, 50 droids. Showing Jedi with all sorts of lightsabers like you said. Showing Jedi with no saber at all that are better fighting unarmed (Teras Kasi?).

Even Count Dooku thought it was stupid.

Also, you can make some really funny visual word stories from AOTC gifs.

double aught
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

• She is smoking. Her costume is the best part of Jumanji.
  • Awesome picture. Somehow, I don't think I've seen it before.
  • Paul Rudd can't help but be funny.
  • Are you too good for everyone else, Bradley Cooper?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Duncan Idaho
Tell him, I loved him in the Computer wore tennis shoes.
Flashdiaz
AG
C@LAg said:

First Star Wars Squadrons reviews are all promising

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2020/10/1/21495929/star-wars-squadrons-review-ps4-xbox-one-pc-vr

https://www.theverge.com/21496153/star-wars-squadrons-review-single-player-campaign-x-wing-tie-fighter-space-simulator-vr
got the PSVR for Vader Immortal and going to be great for Squadrons. Played the Battlefront VR mission which is old and even that was fun. There's a lot to be said for being able to look around to see where tie fighters are coming from rather than having a boxed in and limited Kellen Mond view of the world.
Decay
AG
Flashdiaz said:

C@LAg said:

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2020/10/1/21495929/star-wars-squadrons-review-ps4-xbox-one-pc-vr

https://www.theverge.com/21496153/star-wars-squadrons-review-single-player-campaign-x-wing-tie-fighter-space-simulator-vr
got the PSVR for Vader Immortal and going to be great for Squadrons. Played the Battlefront VR mission which is old and even that was fun. There's a lot to be said for being able to look around to see where tie fighters are coming from rather than having a boxed in and limited Kellen Mond view of the world.
One, damn son.

Two, the one review said "VR might actually be an advantage" which is so cool to finally see... It's like 30 years of "the promise of VR" finally coming true.

But still, damn man haha.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Give me Gamora.

Where is Bradley Cooper?
double aught
AG
YouBet said:

Give me Gamora.
Both?
Farmer1906
AG
double aught said:

YouBet said:

Give me Gamora.
Both?

Why is Gamora?
wangus12
AG
canadiaggie
AG
C@LAg said:

Anyone preload it? I've got it ready, can't wait
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Azariah
AG
Just put a couple of hours into Squadrons. VR with HOTAS is incredible. There are definitely some showstopper glitches, though.
OnlyForNow
AG
You mean accurate shooting?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Got up at 3:30 a.m. today for Interview #5 who happens to live in Australia.

I can neither confirm nor deny that said interviewee had Cheez Whiz coursing through his veins when we spoke.

YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Got up at 3:30 a.m. today for Interview #5 who happens to live in Australia.

I can neither confirm nor deny that said interviewee had Cheez Whiz coursing through his veins when we spoke.

What's the point of even living after this is all done?

This is peak career. Are they paying you enough to retire?
First Page Last Page
Page 981 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.