Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,230 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Remember that time you were in Training Day. and you killed Scott Glenn. That was a hoax, right?
TCTTS
Azariah
AG
Has anyone seen something about Disney redoing the sequels?
bluefire579
AG
Azariah said:

Wishful thinking from portions of the hardcore fandom. Can't see any way they redo them. Keep in mind, even with the quality issues, Disney still made billions from them.

Granted, a lot of people are pissed off about the sequels, but their best chance at rectifying it is moving away from the Skywalkers and making good stories in other timeframes.
twilly
AG

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Dro07
AG
be still my heart!
Ag Since 83
AG
I assume he won't be around for the end because season 3 will end with him visiting Old Yoda in a nursing home...
TCTTS
AG
In retrospect, I have a feeling season one is going to seem like child's play compared to what's to come. Just watching the season two trailer, and then watching that Screen Crush video about the trailer, it looks like season two is going to be so much more connected to the Star Wars universe at large, potentially connecting the prequels to the sequels in ways even the OT couldn't, and I bet seasons three and four even more so. I can already see how season one will potentially be viewed as more of a finding-its-footing/figuring-out-its-tone outlier in a way. Especially once the Casian Andor and Obi-Wan series start airing as well, Mando season one might feel quaint in comparison. Like how watching early Breaking Bad or early Mad Men episodes almost felt like different shows in the beginning, compared to how later seasons evolved.
The Collective
AG
Trying not to get my hopes up, but... I trust Favreau & Filoni to make this awesome.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
The answer was with us since Attack of the Clones... changelings!! The Han and Luke that died in the sequel trilogies were changelings. With Luke being free of the weight of being the last Jedi, Han no longer has an ex wife, they join together with Lando for some galaxy adventures...
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Or... they just cut to Luke and Leia waking up in bed, realizing it was all just a dream.
What are they, from Arkansas or some similar place?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
C@LAg said:

bluefire579 said:

Azariah said:

Wishful thinking from portions of the hardcore fandom. Can't see any way they redo them. Keep in mind, even with the quality issues, Disney still made billions from them.

Granted, a lot of people are pissed off about the sequels, but their best chance at rectifying it is moving away from the Skywalkers and making good stories in other timeframes.
Or... they just cut to Luke and Leia waking up in bed, realizing it was all just a dream.

Do they go back to snuggling after this? /Jamie & Cersei Lannister
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
it's 23 hours until

Quad Dog
AG
If they really wanted they could make Kennedy the scapegoat and release Director's cuts that she changed at a higher level.
But in reality they made tons of money on the sequels, and they will make more tons of money in the future, so they will push with business as usual.
Farmer1906
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

it's 23 hours until

OMG you get to interview L3-37
TCTTS
AG

https://deadline.com/2020/09/black-mirrors-toby-haynes-rogue-one-disney-tony-gilroy-1234582109/
Flashdiaz
AG
speaking of the Rogue One spin-off and because this is now a hide in plain sight thread, I may or may not have read part of a casting script aimed at single digit aged people back in March\April. It was for an unnamed dis knee + project

I know casting scripts never follow the real story but it was still interesting....

scene opened with a sputtering ship going overhead and eventually crashing. The sound awakens some kids sleeping in a tent structure. Little one (female) gets scared and old one soothes them like an older brother would. They exit the tent and we see it's actually a bunch of tents with similarly aged kids... no adults anywhere.

Another scene was with a family gathering discussing the 'war'... seemed like a draft was taking place and the father was called in. Lots of sad\anger in the kids that their family was being ripped apart.
redline248
AG
Caravan of courage meets beyond thunder dome?
Gangnam Style
AG

Talk about a baller lightsaber
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Welp, my life is all down hill from here, boys

jeffk
AG
We need some lightsaber nunchucks and sais to really round out this new direction.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Prophet00
AG
So awesome.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Holy *****
bluefire579
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I am suffering temporary amnesia so I can post this.

"Mark's the kind of guy who was so grateful for everything that he embraced the fan base 100% and never shied away from the character. I was the kind of guy who wasn't comfortable being known for just one character. In those days I wanted to be known for being an actor, not a character, so i put distance between myself and the role, always wanting to take on new work and getting irritated when I was recognized for only one thing. Then you get older and you realize that you've been rejecting this gift. This gift of unconditional love from people; some of them grandchildren of the people who saw the first films, some of them 80, 90, 100 years old. Then when they came to me about the new films, I was worried that I couldn't get the character back and do the part justice. I was on the fence about it until Mark called me one day and said, 'Let's just do it for fun.' And that's what it is, at the end of the day. I put on the costume and walk onto the set and there's Peter Mayhew wearing his costume. I walk into the cockpit of the ship and it all comes back and I remember thinking, "Why did I wait so long for this?"

I'm not crying. You're crying.
So cool.

Too bad Alec Guinness never came around in the same way.
Mr. White
MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

"Mark's the kind of guy who was so grateful for everything that he embraced the fan base 100% and never shied away from the character. I was the kind of guy who wasn't comfortable being known for just one character. In those days I wanted to be known for being an actor, not a character, so i put distance between myself and the role, always wanting to take on new work and getting irritated when I was recognized for only one thing. Then you get older and you realize that you've been rejecting this gift. This gift of unconditional love from people; some of them grandchildren of the people who saw the first films, some of them 80, 90, 100 years old. Then when they came to me about the new films, I was worried that I couldn't get the character back and do the part justice. I was on the fence about it until Mark called me one day and said, 'Let's just do it for fun.' And that's what it is, at the end of the day. I put on the costume and walk onto the set and there's Peter Mayhew wearing his costume. I walk into the cockpit of the ship and it all comes back and I remember thinking, "Why did I wait so long for this?"

My eyes would have been doing the Looney Tunes slot machine thing
SpreadsheetAg
AG
canadiaggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Thanks for sharing that.
TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Dude. That's incredible! Congrats! So, so cool.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Amazing, Muck!
First Page Last Page
Page 978 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.