Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,198 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

I didn't hate JJ before the sequels, or even before 9.

But the whole mess is his ****ing fault
You should reserve that hate for Kathleen Kennedy
redline248
AG
PatAg said:

redline248 said:

You should reserve that hate for Kathleen Kennedy
Oh, she and Disney get their share, bc they gave JJ so much creative control. What he did with Rey in 7, or what he didn't do, allowed Johnson to do his bull****, which paved the way for Disney to bring JJ back to try and un f-ck everything. Which he couldn't.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

This is JJ's fault. I think he made a decent flip and set it for a sequel. Johnson basically **** on all his storylines and made his controversial movie. Then JJ had to pick up all the pieces.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Had my Zoom interview this morning for the potential book job. They are supposed to make a final decision by 9/23. However if I get it, I have to sign an NDA, which will then have me communicating by gifs and memes as things happen.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Whoever my secret Santa is - start saving up!

Chipotlemonger
AG
you ever stage an arm chop off scene pic?
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Whoever my secret Santa is - start saving up!

Curious. Have Star Wars LEGO's overtaken action figures in sales?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Can't say I disagree...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

you ever stage an arm chop off scene pic?
When I was a kid, both Walrusman and Hammerhead got lost in the desert and wound up suffering intense burns to their arms and legs from the twin suns, played by my brother's magnifying glass.
YouBet
AG
Frequently, I had a multiverse mashup with my Transformers, GI Joe, and Star Wars action figures all occupying the same dimension.

I really liked Roadblock so he usually had to try and save the day while Duke and Scarlet were off in one of my shoes getting after it. Horndogs could never be depended on.

Alas, the transformers would show up and Roadblock just didn't have a chance especially once Soundwave unleashed his cassette familiars and attacked him from multiple angles. Roadblock basically lived the plot of Edge of Tomorrow over and over when this happened. Poor b^stard.
MGS
Quote:

Droids aren't allowed there!
Urban Ag
AG
You intermingled Star Wars with the GI Joe's?

YouBet
AG
Urban Ag said:

You intermingled Star Wars with the GI Joe's?

I did. And Kenner Star Wars were at extreme disadvantage since GI Joe had the kung fu grip and flexibility. It was like a team of Von Miller's going up against 3 star tu O linemen.
MGS
I mixed them too. Bossk was naturally a member of Cobra.
Urban Ag
AG

YouBet
AG
Urban Ag said:

There is no need to pick on my primary and middle school self.

Now I need a safe space...like Hoth.
Urban Ag
AG
Truthfully, all my GI Joe's were either burned with WD40 napalm or blown up with firecracker artillery fire. But my SW toys carried too much nostalgia for me as a young person and were kept in relatively good condition and ultimately ended up in cardboard boxes in a closet. Same with my junior high era comic collection.

Good choice too. During college I sold off those comics for beer money. And about a week after I graduated from A&M, my broke ass retrieved those boxes of SW toys and sold them at some nerd store in Dallas for around $1000. Maybe less, can't recall for sure.

Both my kids love/loved Legos, in particular Lego SW. So back when they were little I started collecting SW Legos here and there. Over the years we've built up quite a collection of unopened sets. I turned all of it over to the management of my older son and who knows, maybe he'll cash them out for beer money at some point too.

Circle of Life sh** Simba!

The Collective
AG
Right there with you. So disappointing. We could have written a better story on this board.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
MGS said:

One Christmas, my combination of Star Wars, Transformer, and Gobots (yep, Gobots) good guys were facing a backs-to-the-wall, no-way-out scenario because the bad guys had formed Devastator and had an At-AT guarding the Millenium Falcon to where it couldn't take off. THe only hope remaining would be if Santa, or perhaps my parents as I was slowly deducing, would deliver this guy.

who would be powered by Han, Luke, Leader-1, and Bumblebee to turn the tide. Sure enough he arrived under the tree and the heroes carefully put on his stickers and formed up in this total Voltron rip-off. But as he jumped from the bed onto the floor below, one of his legs got stuck in the railing of my footboard and snapped off cleanly, with no amount of duct tape or super glue able to re-attach it. It was later decided that combination strikeforce comprised of Yoda, Obi-Wan, Kenobi, Mirage, and some of the guys from MASK would show up and save the day instead.
YNWA_AG
AG
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

MGS said:

One Christmas, my combination of Star Wars, Transformer, and Gobots (yep, Gobots) good guys were facing a backs-to-the-wall, no-way-out scenario because the bad guys had formed Devastator and had an At-AT guarding the Millenium Falcon to where it couldn't take off. THe only hope remaining would be if Santa, or perhaps my parents as I was slowly deducing, would deliver this guy.

who would be powered by Han, Luke, Leader-1, and Bumblebee to turn the tide. Sure enough he arrived under the tree and the heroes carefully put on his stickers and formed up in this total Voltron rip-off. But as he jumped from the bed onto the floor below, one of his legs got stuck in the railing of my footboard and snapped off cleanly, with no amount of duct tape or super glue able to re-attach it. It was later decided that combination strikeforce comprised of Yoda, Obi-Wan, Kenobi, Mirage, and some of the guys from MASK would show up and save the day instead.
Well, I know who the red shirts were in this strike force.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I wish I could see your picture.

The 80s really were the halcyon days of action figures.
Mac94
AG
The Lego set doesn't have the twins!?!?! They're slipping!!!!!
Gangnam Style
AG
Totally fine with 4 good episodes. Quality over quantity.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Urban Ag
AG
C@LAg said:

YNWA_AG said:

"This deal is getting worse all the time."

redline248
AG
Maybe they'll be over an hour long, each
Dro07
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Sooooo a 2 hour movie but shown in 30 min increments like Clone Wars Mandalore
Ulrich
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Can't say I disagree...

I feel like I just watched a puppy find out that Santa Claus isn't real. Poor guy.
TV Casualty
AG
Ulrich said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Can't say I disagree...

I feel like I just watched a puppy find out that Santa Claus isn't real. Poor guy.

I'm confused as to how this is some sort of revelation to people. It was obvious after the last jedi that they had no idea of a story arc for the trilogy. Even after the force awakens there were clues pointing to them not having a clear plan.

How anyone could have watched TLJ and the rise of Skywalker and still thought they had any plan for these three movies was just being delusional.
TCTTS
AG
Yes, it was beyond obvious. But actually hearing it from Ridley herself - especially after Kennedy said that Palpatine was part of the plan all along - carries a lot more weight, and kind of officially stamps it with the "Disaster" label many had been giving it. It's the confirmation we never had, for seven years, straight from the source. That, and we didn't know the particulars. Actually hearing the different iterations it went through, along with the indecisiveness, is pretty sobering.
wangus12
AG
Well at least it just confirms what we've all known for awhile. KK is full of **** 95% of the time.
First Page Last Page
Page 972 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.