Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,984 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

What did Master Yoda say when he saw himself in 4K?

H D M I
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

twilly said:

Bad move, imo.

Making it weekly was one of the best decisions they made for Season 1.

It benefited hugely from the buzz that the show (and Baby Yoda) generated week over week, and I'm sure the numbers reflected that. Plus, it's just cooler to be able to discuss each episode individually rather than a bunch (or a full season) at once.
Maybe the'yre going to put out 2-3 episodes to start the year and make Disney plus free for a week or a month to get people hooked on it?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

twilly said:

Bad move, imo.

Making it weekly was one of the best decisions they made for Season 1.

It benefited hugely from the buzz that the show (and Baby Yoda) generated week over week, and I'm sure the numbers reflected that. Plus, it's just cooler to be able to discuss each episode individually rather than a bunch (or a full season) at once.
Maybe the'yre going to put out 2-3 episodes to start the year and make Disney plus free for a week or a month to get people hooked on it?

I bet we get a 2-4 episode arc that almost feels like a self contained movie to start things off. Filoni would do arcs like that in Clone Wars and Rebels and those were usually the best episodes. Seeing them bring that to Mandalorian would be fantastic.
Thanks and gig'em
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If that's what they're doing, then I feel much better about the move.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I want the episode a week format so people can gripe about an episode didn't move the story forward then look like idiots at the end of the season when they realize everything played a part in the resolution
jeffk
AG
Yes, it's fun to have to revert back to the way we all talked about TV in the time before streaming.
Ag Since 83
AG
Anyone else reading Chaos Rising now?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

I'm getting it in a couple of weeks.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sorry to be a tease, but I have something in my business email today that, if true, is going to be really exciting and somewhat Star Wars related. I need to confirm it's real first and not somebody effing with me before I share with the group.

Will be back tonight to confirm or to say "Yep, I am an idiot"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Yeah but when will we know about the Star Wars thing in your email?
jeffk
AG
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.

MuckRaker96 said:

Sorry to be a tease, but I have something in my business email today that, if true, is going to be really exciting and somewhat Star Wars related. I need to confirm it's real first and not somebody effing with me before I share with the group.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

Yeah but when will we know about the Star Wars thing in your email?

My wife said the same thing.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Ooh, look at me. I have a job.
Decay
AG
YouBet said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Does it pay in beskar
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Decay said:

YouBet said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Does it pay in beskar

20,000 Republic dataries.
tamusc
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

About halfway through and enjoying it so far.
MGS
MuckRaker96 said:

Just remember - No disintegrations!
Malachi Constant
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

If you come back tonight and it's nothing:

TCTTS
AG
Decay
AG

redline248
AG
Did he need a reason other than "well he's with a Jedi?"
ChipFTAC01
AG
I literally just watched this episode the other day but what happens to Maul after Palpatine rolls in and takes care of Savage?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So, here it is - with names and companies redacted.

(Muck),

XXXXXX of XXXXXXXXXXXXXX shared your contact information with me. We are looking to hire a ghostwriter for a project tracing the history of being a leading man in Hollywood from the earliest days on through to the 21st century. It would require a lot of research and strong interviewing skills on your part in addition to fantastic writing. While our normal preference would be for someone based in LA, the COVID-19 pandemic has made that less of a requirement as most interviews would be conducted via phone or video conference. We have already received positive messages from the representation for Denzel Washington and Harrison Ford among others as potential interview subjects. Please let me know if you are interested in discussing the project and some dates/times you would be available to hop on a call for an introductory chat with the team next week. Look forward to hearing from you!

XXXXXXXX

So basically, there is some small % of a chance I might get to interview Han Solo. And if I do, I'm going to have to be on some sort of powerful narcotic to keep from losing my *****

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Hell yes. This is incredible.
Duncan Idaho
I got that email last week. /Redstone
Duncan Idaho
But seriously that is awesome. Good luck and I will buy a copy if I can get it signed (by Ford, not you)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

But seriously that is awesome. Good luck and I will buy a copy if I can get it signed (by Ford, not you)
What if I sign Harrison Ford's name?
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Would be cooler to have For sign your name
Duncan Idaho
MuckRaker96 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

That would be even better.

It is mind blowing the amount of creative work that is coming from this board. I don't even think redstone could have seen it coming.

Duncan Idaho
It was a joke. Of course I would want a his autograph.

But it would be cool af if he could get a few copies signed by each person he interviewed. Maybe auction one or two off for charity and keep another for a family heirloom.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

So, here it is - with names and companies redacted.

(Muck),

XXXXXX of XXXXXXXXXXXXXX shared your contact information with me. We are looking to hire a ghostwriter for a project tracing the history of being a leading man in Hollywood from the earliest days on through to the 21st century. It would require a lot of research and strong interviewing skills on your part in addition to fantastic writing. While our normal preference would be for someone based in LA, the COVID-19 pandemic has made that less of a requirement as most interviews would be conducted via phone or video conference. We have already received positive messages from the representation for Denzel Washington and Harrison Ford among others as potential interview subjects. Please let me know if you are interested in discussing the project and some dates/times you would be available to hop on a call for an introductory chat with the team next week. Look forward to hearing from you!

XXXXXXXX

So basically, there is some small % of a chance I might get to interview Han Solo. And if I do, I'm going to have to be on some sort of powerful narcotic to keep from losing my *****

j/k. Holy sh^t dude!!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I gotta interview first. I've done some really cool stuff, but they would all get bumped to No. 2 by this. I don't think I've been nervous in a professional capacity in a long time. I
First Page Last Page
Page 970 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.