Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,862 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not a bad idea.

Edit: No idea why my OP was flagged, but it's added.
Thank you!
Flashdiaz
AG
Where's the Christmas special?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
The other night I logged into Disney plus and watched the first episode of behind the scenes for the Mandalorian. Decided it was time to finally dig into the animated series. Are the early seasons of clone wars not available?
redline248
AG
They are all available
ChipFTAC01
AG
Hmm, seemed like I could only see season 5 or something.
Belton Ag
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

In keeping with the Star Wars tradition, the series starts with season 5. In a few years Lucas will go back and ruin the series by making seasons 1-4 (but Spilner will think they're awesome).
jokershady
AG
Started the clone wars mid April when wasn't working much....over half way through season 5 on it and I love it so far.

Favorite characters are all baddies and are/were Hondo, Cad Bane, and Krell in that order
jeffk
AG
Mannnnn... those last couple seasons of CW are incredible.
dave94
AG
I watched all of Clone Wars leading up to the final season. Was mixing in Rebels also and then finished it after that.

They are both so great, and this was coming from not ever wanting to give any time to the animated stuff.

They are must watch for any Star Wars fan.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
YouBet
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Use this list to watch in correct order. They weren't released in right order.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CBLNUSip66w
jbryan10
AG
YouBet said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
I actually just started these myself and I'm using this order:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/35ex94/the_clone_wars_ultimate_episode_order/

Of course it only goes through season 6, so I'll switch to the other when I get to season 7. It's pretty much the same as chronological except that it "deals with the pacing later on and the change in a certain voice actor". Granted since this is my first time through, I don't know what that means.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I took my family to see E.T. at Star Cinema Grill on Sunday afternoon. I doubt I've seen it wire to wire since the 1980s. The amount of brotherly love in that movie between E.T. and Star Wars is fantastic. Obviously there's the great scene of the kid dressed up as Yoda on Halloween with E.T. wanting to talk to him that includes a few notes of "Yoda's Theme" from John Williams. Mike talks like Yoda as well when he's promising Elliott he won't tell.

It also has the toy of Darth Vader's Star Destroyer from Empire in the background of Elliott's room - a toy I had that made very little sense and looked nothing like the real thing.

Elliott also rattles off his SW action figures to E.T. - including the wonderful cantina aliens Greedo, Snaggletooth, and Hammerhead, plus Lando and Boba Fett. I was 8 in 1982, my girls are 8 now. Perfect movie for them, a nice blend of scary stuff and heartfelt stuff.
YouBet
AG
jbryan10 said:

YouBet said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

I actually just started these myself and I'm using this order:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/35ex94/the_clone_wars_ultimate_episode_order/

Of course it only goes through season 6, so I'll switch to the other when I get to season 7. It's pretty much the same as chronological except that it "deals with the pacing later on and the change in a certain voice actor". Granted since this is my first time through, I don't know what that means.
Interesting. I'm almost done with S4 so I may follow his S5 and S6 reorder for the hell of it. Blows my mind these were released so out of order in the first place.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Happy 39th birthday to the hottest chick in the galaxy. (Contrary to what the hotties tourney would have you believe.)

Natalie Portman is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Vanity Fair Oscars party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. She asks what I do. I say I loved her in New Girl. She laughs. I get my drink. "Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got her attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with Natalie Portman? She touches her neck as she watches me leave.

Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, she finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette. "Got a spare?" she asks. "What's in it for me?" I say as I hand her one of my little white ladies. She smiles. "Conversation with me, duh." I laugh. "What's so funny?" she protests. "Nothing, nothing... It's just... don't you grow tired of the egos?" "You get used to it," she says, lighting her cigarette and handing me back the lighter. "What would you do if you weren't an actress?" I ask. "Teaching, I think." "And if I was your student, what would I be learning?" "Discipline," she says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?" "Bermuda," I say. "Oh wow. That's lovely." "It's ok," I admit. "Not everything is to my liking." "What could possibly be not to your liking in Bermuda?" she inquires. "I don't like sand," I tell her. "It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
Texas Ag 15
AG
I spit out my water reading that lol
redline248
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Malachi Constant
AG
fantastic (even if it's a copy pasta)
canadiaggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Natalie Portman is the reason I work out.
I knew where this was headed the moment I read this
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Happy 39th birthday to the hottest chick in the galaxy. (Contrary to what the hotties tourney would have you believe.)

Natalie Portman is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Vanity Fair Oscars party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. She asks what I do. I say I loved her in New Girl. She laughs. I get my drink. "Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got her attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with Natalie Portman? She touches her neck as she watches me leave.

Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, she finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette. "Got a spare?" she asks. "What's in it for me?" I say as I hand her one of my little white ladies. She smiles. "Conversation with me, duh." I laugh. "What's so funny?" she protests. "Nothing, nothing... It's just... don't you grow tired of the egos?" "You get used to it," she says, lighting her cigarette and handing me back the lighter. "What would you do if you weren't an actress?" I ask. "Teaching, I think." "And if I was your student, what would I be learning?" "Discipline," she says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?" "Bermuda," I say. "Oh wow. That's lovely." "It's ok," I admit. "Not everything is to my liking." "What could possibly be not to your liking in Bermuda?" she inquires. "I don't like sand," I tell her. "It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
****ing hell
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Farmer1906
AG
I'm pretty sure I've read that before.
The Collective
AG
Amazing as always.
jokershady
AG
Holy **** balls!!!! I just got done watching episode 16, season 5 of clone wars: The Lawless....and just.....holy *****!!!

First Obi-wan gets his ass kicked! Then Satine gets killed in a pretty ruthless fashion!

Then Satines sister and Death Watch help Obiwan escape....and then.....holy **** Emperor shows up wielding dual lightsabers and gets in a ****ing brawl with Maul and Savage....Savage gets killed and the episode ends with Maul getting electrocuted by Palps!

****ing hell the beginning of this storyline was the point where the creators said, "alright...no more bull **** we're making this pg-13!"

Just a few episodes prior Savage decapitated 5 dudes at once!

I'm nerding out a little bit right now! Not early as much as Vader going balls deep on the Rebels in RO but it's up there

Can't wait to get to the end hopefully in the next 4 weeks
redline248
AG
Yep. They turned that shht to 11
gougler08
AG
jokershady said:

Holy **** balls!!!! I just got done watching episode 16, season 5 of clone wars: The Lawless....and just.....holy *****!!!

First Obi-wan gets his ass kicked! Then Satine gets killed in a pretty ruthless fashion!

Then Satines sister and Death Watch help Obiwan escape....and then.....holy **** Emperor shows up wielding dual lightsabers and gets in a ****ing brawl with Maul and Savage....Savage gets killed and the episode ends with Maul getting electrocuted by Palps!

****ing hell the beginning of this storyline was the point where the creators said, "alright...no more bull **** we're making this pg-13!"

Just a few episodes prior Savage decapitated 5 dudes at once!

I'm nerding out a little bit right now! Not early as much as Vader going balls deep on the Rebels in RO but it's up there

Can't wait to get to the end hopefully in the next 4 weeks

I'm in episode 11 of season 5...ever since season 4 it's really turned up so can't wait for the next level
jokershady
AG
The padawan and droid episodes leading up to this point are pretty good and went better than I was expecting as well
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bluefire579
AG
jokershady said:

I nerded out over the duel here when I first saw it. In the same way that the hallway scene in Rogue One showed Vader in a way that technology limited in the OT, this duel showed a powerful sith lord, that the movies only showed a glimpse of power-wise, just completely dismantle the two Dathomir boys who had been destroying everyone. It's another step in the show really showing how much control Palps had over the entire situation at all times. The Jedi never stood a chance.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
New kids Star Wars game show hosted by Ahmad best debuted on Disney+. Looking forward to watching it with my super fan later this week..

2 early thoughts from watching the first 3 minutes.

1) Jar Jar is not the most annoying character.
2) Where was this when I was 10?

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sam Hargrave, the longtime Marvel stunt coordinator and director of Netflix's Extraction, is working as the second unit director for The Mandalorian's second season. He recently spoke to Collider about his time with the Star Wars franchise, and revealed that he's been let in on the secret of Baby Yoda's true identity.

"Yes, I know the name of The Child," Hargrave said. "I carry that secret. It's a very heavy burden."

So Baby Yoda does have a name. That doesn't exactly mean anything, but it does hint at the possibility of a bigger reveal down the line.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Sam Hargrave, the longtime Marvel stunt coordinator and director of Netflix's Extraction, is working as the second unit director for The Mandalorian's second season. He recently spoke to Collider about his time with the Star Wars franchise, and revealed that he's been let in on the secret of Baby Yoda's true identity.

"Yes, I know the name of The Child," Hargrave said. "I carry that secret. It's a very heavy burden."

So Baby Yoda does have a name. That doesn't exactly mean anything, but it does hint at the possibility of a bigger reveal down the line.

Probably named Kevin.
jeffk
AG
Martha
First Page Last Page
Page 954 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.