Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,928 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8 episodes, first is 32 minutes.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks.
TXAG 05
AG
It's also worth it for the final 4 episodes of Clone Wars.
wangus12
AG
twilly
AG
Only dropped the first one, just over 30 minutes

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here is a torrent for the ROTS / CW supercut, for anyone interested. (3:50 hrs, 16.6 GBs)

Mine is downloaded and I'll be watching it tonight.
The Collective
AG
The way that they describe how humor works in the SWU is a direct rejection of how it was handled in TLJ.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is there one about Rebels?
The Collective
AG
Oh boy
redline248
AG
Quote:

relentless | \ ri-lent-ls [url=https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/relentless?pronunciation&lang=en_us&dir=r&file=relent02][/url] \
Definition of relentless

: showing or promising no abatement of severity, intensity, strength, or pace : UNRELENTING
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Claude!
Tried to slog through Episode 3 last night, but I just couldn't get through it. CGI action interspersed with interminable line reading. Started up Episode 4 and the rise in quality is almost jarring. Rather than rotely repeating lines, the characters are having conversations that real people could have.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is there one about Rebels?
Sadly, not one for E.T. either.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Oh, wow, never mind. I wasn't aware that it's an eight-episode series. Then I may just wait until they're all out. Or did they all drop at once? How long is the first episode?
one at a time, first was 40 minutes
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Gangnam Style
AG
Claude! said:

Tried to slog through Episode 3 last night, but I just couldn't get through it. CGI action interspersed with interminable line reading. Started up Episode 4 and the rise in quality is almost jarring. Rather than rotely repeating lines, the characters are having conversations that real people could have.
Give the 4 hour RotS/Clone Wars super cut a chance. It probably greatly enhances EP3.
Dro07
AG
have you watched the super cut yet? Tempted to download it but havent yet
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So having finally rewatched TROS last night, and then this video earlier today, I have to admit that my stance on the movie has softened a bit.

Having seen it now without the weight of expectations, I find myself enjoying the movie more. To be clear, the issues I had with the movie still exist. But I definitely enjoyed the good parts of the movie more than I did the first time through.

And for whatever reason, the "be with me" moment at the end kinda really got me this time. Probably because I wasn't sitting there hoping to see the Jedi ghosts that I so badly wanted to see.

And I really have to commend CinemaWins for his breakdown of the Ben/Han scene in TROS. I really hadn't thought of the scene in that way, and it makes me enjoy it that much more now.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Gangnam Style said:

My picks: Ahsoka, Obi Wan, Rex, Artoo, BB-8, K-2SO and Chopper
Luke, Obiwan, Yoda, R2 & K2SO
Gangnam Style
AG
dromo07 said:

have you watched the super cut yet? Tempted to download it but havent yet
I have it downloaded, but haven't watched it yet. Starts out with TCW S7E9 then jumps to RotS intro and then jumps around. It's a 17 gig file so the quality is pretty good.
Saxsoon
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Saxsoon said:

Ulrich said:

I'll take 7 Padmes, a BB-8, and no questions asked.
BB8 makes for an awkward butt plug

What are the username character limits?

I think I found my new username.
AwkwardBB8buttplug
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

So having finally rewatched TROS last night, and then this video earlier today, I have to admit that my stance on the movie has softened a bit.

Having seen it now without the weight of expectations, I find myself enjoying the movie more. To be clear, the issues I had with the movie still exist. But I definitely enjoyed the good parts of the movie more than I did the first time through.

And for whatever reason, the "be with me" moment at the end kinda really got me this time. Probably because I wasn't sitting there hoping to see the Jedi ghosts that I so badly wanted to see.

And I really have to commend CinemaWins for his breakdown of the Ben/Han scene in TROS. I really hadn't thought of the scene in that way, and it makes me enjoy it that much more now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just finished the ROTS supercut. Wow, that was an experience. It truly felt epic in scope, similar to ROTK, with the various simultaneous storylines.

A few things I liked (TCW spoilers below):

When you see the two council scenes back to back, you see how Anakin and Ahsoka missed each other by literally seconds. Mace sends Anakin to talk to Palpatine a few seconds before Ahsoka walks through the door. How different things could've been.

The film cuts from Grievous sending the Separatists to Mustafar, and then fighting Obi-Wan, to Maul sending the syndicate leaders into hiding, and then fighting Ahsoka. That was a cool little echo.

It was awesome seeing that final Vader scene in CW at the end. It makes the fall of Anakin feel that much more tragic.

In ROTS, you never care about the clones. I enjoy the added layer of tragedy of the clones on top of the main ROTS storyline.

I highly recommend you guys download it and give it a watch.
AustinAg2K
Rewatching Rise of Skywalker, and I'm still not enjoying it. I have trouble watching any of the final three... Oddly, though, I've found that I can now enjoy the original prequals, although, that's probably mostly because my son loved them.
lazuras_dc
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Gangnam Style said:

Y'all are such nerds. I'll take the three chicks and have $4 in my pocket to spare.
TV Casualty
AG
lazuras_dc said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Gangnam Style said:

Y'all are such nerds. I'll take the three chicks and have $4 in my pocket to spare.

Hey man, what would you do if you had $15?

Three chicks at the same time.
cbr
AG
The new movies have been on tv. It's just absolutely stunning how ****ty they are at the core. Especially the last 2. Pretty effects. Still good music. A couple of decent characters. But absolute **** movies. The prequels were hoakie at times and looked like bad cartoons but even they were better movies.

What a waste.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is the first I've heard of someone not liking the sequels.
TXAG 05
AG
They are better than the prequels, but not much.
GreasenUSA
AG
So I downloaded the file titled "ROTS Ultimate Edition". Can you explain what it is? Is it just parts of the Clone Wars interspersed with parts of Revenge of the Sith? Will it tell the basic points of the Clone Wars for someone who doesn't intend to watch Clone Wars? Is there additional material that needs to be watched? Thanks!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The final arc on TCW was a 4-part arc that basically is a feature-length movie that takes places simultaneously with ROTS. (And you don't necessarily need to have seen the rest of the show to watch it, as long as you know who Ahsoka Tano is.)

So this user edited both of those together into one singular 4 hour "movie". It cuts back and forth between the two in the exact order of events, so it's pretty awesome.

If there was one "recommended" arc, I would check out Season 6 Episodes 1-4, which is the arc that most closely ties into this final arc. (It relates to Order 66 and sets up something that happens in the final arc. However, that is pretty well re-capped within the arc also, so not necessary.)
GreasenUSA
AG
Perfect. Thank you.
dave94
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The final arc on TCW was a 4-part arc that basically is a feature-length movie that takes places simultaneously with ROTS. (And you don't necessarily need to have seen the rest of the show to watch it, as long as you know who Ahsoka Tano is.)

So this user edited both of those together into one singular 4 hour "movie". It cuts back and forth between the two in the exact order of events, so it's pretty awesome.

If there was one "recommended" arc, I would check out Season 6 Episodes 1-4, which is the arc that most closely ties into this final arc. (It relates to Order 66 and sets up something that happens in the final arc. However, that is pretty well re-capped within the arc also, so not necessary.)

Season 7 eps 1-4

edit: I was thinking of the same arc that BES refers to from Season 6. A must watch!
ArmyAg2002
AG
cbr said:

The new movies have been on tv. It's just absolutely stunning how ****ty they are at the core. Especially the last 2. Pretty effects. Still good music. A couple of decent characters. But absolute **** movies. The prequels were hoakie at times and looked like bad cartoons but even they were better movies.

What a waste.

I really liked Rogue One and enjoyed Solo, but didnt really connect with the other new movies (and think Disney made a mistake making Star Wars land the sequal trilogy), but what has really suprised me is the reaction of my children.

My ten year old son finds the sequals to be fair and was far more interested in watching Rogue One or the originals over the weekend. My 10 year old daughter is a big fan of Rey, but not really the movies themselves. My younger two (4&2) only care about things exploding and prefer ESB and ROTJ.

I thought I preferred the OT and Rogue One becuase I grew up with the original films, but my kids can take or leave the new ST too.
First Page Last Page
Page 942 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.