Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,324 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
FNG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MuckRaker96 said:

Still lots of blowouts today, but lots of 50something to 40somethings, and K-2SO looking for the double bracket buster.

K2SO is the best droid in the series.

Looking back, I would swap 3PO's whiny golden suit for K2 all day and he and R2 would have tore stuff up.
Urban Ag
AG
FNG said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Still lots of blowouts today, but lots of 50something to 40somethings, and K-2SO looking for the double bracket buster.

Looking back, I would swap 3PO's whiny golden suit for K2 all day and he and R2 would have tore stuff up.
That's actually a pretty awesome thought. And we could conceivably get an R2/K2SO pairing if the Cassian Andor series is still a go.

FNG
Urban Ag said:

FNG said:

MuckRaker96 said:

That's actually a pretty awesome thought. And we could conceivably get an R2/K2SO pairing if the Cassian Andor series is still a go.

Send K2 and Chewie out on their own little side missions. That would be great.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Other than the fact that they were saving the Force Lightning for Mace Windu, Palpatine should have been fighting with saber in one hand and wielding the Force in the other in that fight. Otherwise, why don't all 4 Jedi just stab him at the same time? They know he's a sith by then, what the hell did they think he was going to do with the red lightsaber? The Yoda/Dooku, Yoda/Sidious and Windu/Sidious fights should have been 99% force powers.
FNG
MuckRaker96 said:

Other than the fact that they were saving the Force Lightning for Mace Windu, Palpatine should have been fighting with saber in one hand and wielding the Force in the other in that fight. Otherwise, why don't all 4 Jedi just stab him at the same time? They know he's a sith by then, what the hell did they think he was going to do with the red lightsaber? The Yoda/Dooku, Yoda/Sidious and Windu/Sidious fights should have been 99% force powers.

Don't try to use logic while discussing the prequels.
Urban Ag
AG
Maybe Palps didn't want to jack his office all up flinging high voltage all over the place. Pretty posh setup, looked like new carpet too.
Ag Since 83
AG
Maybe this has been covered, but how did "This is the way" and "I have spoken" not make this bracket?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy crap. That's a good call. Both would have made round 2 for sure.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Maybe this has been covered, but how did "This is the way" and "I have spoken" not make this bracket?
Movies only, otherwise I would have had a ton of stuff from Rebels as well.

Rex: Commander. You got old.
Ahsoka Tano: Had to happen sometime, Rex.

Ezra Bridger: I don't fear you!
Darth Vader: Then you will die braver than most.

Darth Vader: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.
Ahsoka Tano: Then I will avenge his death!
Darth Vader: Revenge is not the Jedi way.
Ahsoka Tano: I am no Jedi!
fig96
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Quote:

#7 " These aren't the droids you're looking for." Obi-Wan Kenobi, ANH vs. #10 "Never tell me the odds!", Han Solo, ESB
Toughest matchup right there.
I was about to make the same comment. I'm torn...
redline248
AG
I am honestly torn on which moment in Star Wars cinema is worse. Poe making a mom joke, or 2 Jedi getting whacked without even swinging their sabers once.
Claude!
redline248 said:

I am honestly torn on which moment in Star Wars cinema is worse. Poe making a mom joke, or 2 Jedi getting whacked without even swinging their sabers once.
I mean, you could make an excuse for the Jedi and say that Palpatine was using the Force to cloud their minds so that their reactions would be slowed. There's no justification for the mom joke.
jr15aggie
AG
Watching my 4k copy of TROS... say what you want about the story... but I really liked how JJ directed his movies. They just feel like Star Wars.

The biggest mistake (screw Disney) was not having the trilogy story cemented at the start. Can't believe they thought they could improvise as they went.

IMO, locking up JJ for all 3 was the way to go.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yes, I completely agree. For all of the issues with TROS, it definitely felt like a Star Wars movie.
jr15aggie
AG
Just finished the rewatch... man, despite the flaws, I got chills when Ben took the sabre from Rey. My daughter (16) spoke up during the scene "I'm sorry, but it doesn't get any better than that! ".

I can't help but agree. Despite the flaws and missed opportunities, that is a completely bad ass Star Wars moment.
JCRiley09
AG
They could have also had RJ do all three movies; we would have at least had a coherent, 3 part story.
double aught
AG
jr15aggie said:

Watching my 4k copy of TROS... say what you want about the story... but I really liked how JJ directed his movies. They just feel like Star Wars.

The biggest mistake (screw Disney) was not having the trilogy story cemented at the start. Can't believe they thought they could improvise as they went.

IMO, locking up JJ for all 3 was the way to go.
I don't think TROS has any transition wipes. Not a big deal, but kind of odd.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
JCRiley09 said:

They could have also had RJ do all three movies; we would have at least had a coherent, 3 part story.

Not sure i could have watched a 3 movie car chase.
redline248
AG
TFA felt like Star Wars. Rise felt like watching Go Bots cuz your loser buddy thought it was as good as transformers.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

TFA felt like Star Wars. Rise felt like watching Go Bots cuz your loser buddy thought it was as good as transformers.

When i was 11, my mom told me one day after school that she had been out shopping and found me an elusive Transformer - this was when you literally could not find them anywhere in the stores after the cartoon had come out.

Just before bed she unveiled the TG&Y bag and inside was this effin' Gobot instead.

And even at that young age, I knew something seemed off about the way ol' Crain Brain was animated in the GoBots cartoon.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AT-AT? Uh, no, of course not, never heard of it!

FNG
I always hoped for an Iron Man that had the same size and features and quality as my big G.I. Joe figures.

Found a "Metal Man" either in the toy section at HEB or at Wynn's five and dime store next door.

It was even worse than the Action Jackson I got to try to give G.I. Joe a running buddy.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Round of 64 is about 12 hours old, but I've decided to run it until 6a.m. to get us closer to a full 24 hours.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
NEVER QUOTE ME THE ODDS: ROUND OF 64 RESULTS

Muckraker96 Region
#1 "You've failed your Highness. I am a Jedi. Like my father before me." 80.4%

#16 "That's not how the Force works!" 19.6%

#2 "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." 95.7%
#18 "Someone must have told them about my little maneuver at the Battle of Tanaab." 4.3%

#3 "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" 83%
#14 "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I feel something terrible has happened" 17%

#4 "I find your lack of faith disturbing." 93.6%
#13 "We have hope! Rebellions are built on hope." 6.4%

#5 " I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father." 73.9%
#12 "So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?. It's just very hard to understand you with all the ... apparatus." 26.1%

#6 "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you? 72.3%
#11 "Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station!" 27.7%

#7 " The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ... unnatural."34.8%
#23 "There's a problem on the horizon. There's no horizon." 65.2%

#8 "I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win." 63.8%
#9 "You were right about me. Tell your sister, you were right." 36.2%

Brian Earl Spilner Region
#1 " No, I am your father." 97.9%
#17 "NEVER!" 2.1%

#2 "The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet." 91.5%
#15 "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge." 8.5%

#3 " It's a trap!" 95.7%
#14 "You've just taken your first step into a larger world." 4.3%

#4 "Mos Eisley spaceport: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." 89.4%
#13 "No one's ever really gone."

#5 "That boy is our last hope / No, there is another." 87%
#12 "Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi." 13%

#6 "Travelin' through hyperspace aint like dusting crops, boy." 42.6%
#11 "Would it help if I got out and pushed?" 57.4%

#7 " These aren't the droids you're looking for." 55.3%
#10 "Never tell me the odds!", Han Solo, ESB 44.7%

#8 " You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!" 51.1%
"So be it, Jedi." The Emperor, ROTJ 48.9%

TCTTS Region
#1 " Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." 89.4%
#17 "Everything you've heard about me is true." 10.6%

#2 "The Force will be with you, always." 65.2%
#15 "Hello there." 34.8%

#3 " Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" 66%
#19 "Crazy thing is..it's true. The Force, the Jedi. All of it. It's all true." 34%

#4 "That's no moon, it's a space station." 55.3%
#13 "I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur." 44.7%

#5 "Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?" 91.5%
#12 "Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to use the Dark Side of the Force and you will be able to save your wife from certain death." 8.5%

#6 "Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking, nerf-herder!" 63.8%
#11 "The Force is strong with this one" 36.2%

#7 " Obi-Wan is here. The Force is with him" 63.8%
#23 "So uncivilized." 36.2%

#8 " Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son." 55.3%
#24 "Not me... I can survive in space." 44.7%

UrbanAg Region
#1 "I love you. / I know." 97.8%
#16 " Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. It's the only way to become who you were meant to be."2.2%

#2 "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." 91.3%
#18 " Bounty hunters! We don't need their scum.", Admiral Piett, ESB 8.7%

#3 "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?" 89.4%
#14 "There is no conflict." 10.6%

#4 "The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And ... my sister has it." 57.4%
#13 "Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete." 42.6%

#5 "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" 73.9%
#12 "Strong am i with the Force, but not that strong. Twilght is upon me, and soon night must fall." 26.1%

#6 "It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs" 66%
#11 "Hello, what have we here?" 34%

#7 "Apology accepted, Captain Needa." 87%
#10 "You must learn the ways of the Force if you are to come with me to Alderaan" 13%

#8 "Chewie, we're home" 69.6%
#24 "Execute Order 66" 30.4%

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
NEVER QUOTE ME THE ODDS: ROUND OF 32 STATISTICS

Entries by character
Obi-Wan Kenobi: 7
Darth Vader: 6
Princess Leia: 6
Han Solo: 5
Yoda: 4
Luke Skywalker: 3
K-2SO: 1
C3PO: 1
Admiral Ackbar: 1

Entries by movie
ANH: 15
ESB: 10
ROTJ 3
TPM: 1
ROTS:1
TFA:1
RO: 1
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
NEVER QUOTE ME THE ODDS ROUND OF 32 MATCHUPS
VOTE HERE!

*I turned off the annoying thing that wants your email address

Muckraker96 Region
#1 "You've failed your Highness. I am a Jedi. Like my father before me."
vs.
#8 "I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win."

#2 "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
vs,
#23 "There's a problem on the horizon. There's no horizon."

#3 "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid"
vs.
#6 "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

#4 "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
vs.
#5 " I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father."

Brian Earl Spilner Region
#1 " No, I am your father."
vs.
#8 " You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"

#2 "The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet."
vs.
#7 " These aren't the droids you're looking for."

#3 " It's a trap!"
vs.
#11 "Would it help if I got out and pushed?"

#4 "Mos Eisley spaceport: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
vs.
#5 "That boy is our last hope / No, there is another."

TCTTS Region
#1 " Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."
vs.
#8 " Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son."

#2 "The Force will be with you, always."
vs.
#7 " Obi-Wan is here. The Force is with him"

#3 " Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
vs.
#6 "Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking, nerf-herder!"

#4 "That's no moon, it's a space station."
vs.
#5 "Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?"

UrbanAg Region
#1 "I love you. / I know."
vs.
#8 "Chewie, we're home"

#2 "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."
vs.
#7 "Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

#3 "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"
vs.
#6 "It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs"

#4 "The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And ... my sister has it."
vs.
#5 "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

#1 " No, I am your father."
vs.
#8 " You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"
Oof. The last quote remaining from ROTS, and I've gotta vote against it.

Tough break, going up against one of the most iconic lines of all time.

Sorry, Obi-Wan.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd be very surprised if there's any quote outside the OT still alive after today.
FNG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'd be very surprised if there's any quote outside the OT still alive after today.

K2?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
FNG said:

MuckRaker96 said:

K2?
He's cranked out 7.1% of the votes so far against Yoda.
Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

NEVER QUOTE ME THE ODDS: ROUND OF 32 STATISTICS

Entries by character
Obi-Wan Kenobi: 7
Darth Vader: 6
Princess Leia: 6
Han Solo: 5
Yoda: 4
Luke Skywalker: 3
K-2SO: 1
C3PO: 1
Admiral Ackbar: 1

Entries by movie
ANH: 15
ESB: 10
ROTJ 3
TPM: 1
ROTS:1
TFA:1
RO: 1
And the OT says enough, hold my blue milk.
FNG
MuckRaker96 said:

FNG said:

MuckRaker96 said:

K2?
He's cranked out 7.1% of the votes so far against Yoda.

Yeah. That's a tough draw.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't know what I'll do when it comes down to "I am your father" vs "Do or do not, there is no try".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Celebrating Alec Guinness' birthday on set.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tatooine sunrises all around!

How many of you guys played Star Wars Galaxies back in the day? And who were your characters and what server were you on?

First Page Last Page
Page 924 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.