Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,975 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I admit I had to pause for Threepio vs Babu Frick.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bump for Wednesday morning. Will close the poll around 10 tonight, tabulate, post, and set up the Round of 32

Presenting The Road to Exegol - my 64-character bracket to pass the time we are all in quarantine, even though I've been working from home for 7 years and have a lot of stuff to do.

Just make up an email address, it does not really matter. Each round will last 24 hours or so. If you don't know who a character is, Google. If you think I messed up the seeding, that's your problem. If I forgot someone, I still don't care. Enjoy!

ROUND OF 64
bluefire579
AG
No Hondo?? Robbed, I say, robbed!!!!
Hagen95
AG
I feel like Ahsoka got screwed by the ranking committee.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hagen95 said:

In early returns, she is a bonafide bracket buster.
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Hagen95 said:

I almost feel like Anakin could have been given 2 seeds. Ep 1 version and then 2/3 version. That is probably cheating the system, though.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Yeah, I wanted to make it as simple as possible while being as fair as possible. Technically he's already got 2 seeds as himself and Vader.
fig96
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Hagen95 said:

Guilty.
Ag Since 83
AG
Ahsoka should absolutely win that matchup
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
When I'm an old man and my grandkids say, "Grandpa, what did you do to help save lives during the coronavirus outbreak of 2020?" I'll smile and say "I wasted lots of hours I could have been working making a Star Wars Bracket for TexAgs."

And then they'll give me my pills and send me back to my room.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
What happens if we get Anakin vs Vader?

(Vader wins)
Ulrich
Apparently the universe re-expanded while I wasn't paying attention, I don't know who half these people are.
Ag Since 83
AG
Poe/Ackbar was the hardest call for me
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
9 hours left in the first round.

7 of our seeds still pitching a shutout.

at least 4 upsets in the making, but all remain too close to call.
Keegan99
AG
Picked Kuili over Boba as my bracket-busting 14-3 upset.

Also Baby Yoda is way underseeded. Committee really botched that one.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Keegan99 said:

A sales clerk at one of the Hollywood Studios stores last week gave me a lecture about how the character is called "The Child" not "Baby Yoda".
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Keegan99 said:

A sales clerk at one of the Hollywood Studios stores last week gave me a lecture about how the character is called "The Child" not "Baby Yoda".
Did you lecture the clerk about how the internet calls things what it wants?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Keegan99 said:

Did you lecture the clerk about how the internet calls things what it wants?
I wanted to pull my Evel Knievel response to Jim Rome of "Do you even know who the hell I am?" but the kids were underfoot.
Ag Since 83
AG
Keegan99 said:

The whole season matters, not just the end. Baby Yoda's non-conference schedule was weak to non-existent
Keegan99
AG
The kid had range. Can operate far away from the basket and pressure the offense. Also very protective, and everyone knows guard play rules March.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Keegan99 said:

The kid had range. Can operate far away from the basket and pressure the offense. Also very protective, and everyone knows guard play rules March.
Fatigue is a factor this late in the season, and I've seen that kid literally collapse and fall asleep late in a game.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Vored
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
90 minutes to, 2 matchups separated by fewer than 5 votes.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Down Goes the Chosen One

Anakin Skywalker's performance in the opening round of Road to Exegol proved about as disappointing as Jake Lloyd's post-TPM acting career Wednesday night, as fourth-seeded Chosen One was upset by former Padawan and 13th seeded Ahsoka Tano by a narrow 51.2%-48.8% margin in the Republic, Rebels, and Resistance Bracket. Skywalker, who does not like sand, was the highest seed to suffer a defeat as most of the usual suspects held serve.
Skywalker deflected criticism on the loss, as is his modus operandi. "It's all Obi-Wan's fault! He's holding me back! In some ways, a lot of ways, I'm ahead of him."

Kenobi, the #2 seed in the same bracket, quipped that "garnering votes" was not one of the ways that his troubled former student had surpassed him. Kenobi treated #15 Bail Organa much the same way Grand Moff Tarkin did during A New Hope, annihilating the 15th seed with 100% of the vote. The easy win pits the Mayor of the Jundland Wastes against cult hero Admiral Ackbar. The Mon Cal who was #10 in the region but #1 in your hearts handled hot shot pilot Poe Dameron by a 60.5%-39.5% win.

#1 seeded Luke Skywalker cut down #16 Cassian Andor the same way Andor does that chubby spy in the alley in Rogue One. Some idiot voted for Andor, but Luke still had plenty of time to win while picking up some power converters at Tosche Station, cruising to the 97.7%-2.3% win. The son of Skywalker will take on plucky doomed Rebel scion Jyn Erso in Round 2. The 9th seeded Erso gave #8 Padme Amidala her worst day since she woke up to realize she just had sex with a guy who had lusted after her since she was 9 years old. Erso made it look easy with a 74.4%-25.6% victory.

#3 seeded Princess Leia whipped Finn's ass like Kylo Ren did in the snowbound lightsaber fight at the end of Episode 7, with a 93%-7% victory. Leia will face an early test in the best character from TPM, #6 Qui-Gon Jinn, who used his rocking long hair and laser sword to slice and dice past #11 Wedge Antilles by a 76.7%-23.3% count.

Tano, the upstart Togrutan who vanquished Lil' Orphan Ani, faces a second-round girl power showdown with sequel trilogy heroine and fifth-seeded Rey, who just barely avoided her own first-round upset, slipping past #12 Mace Windu, 51.2%-48.8%.
Kenobi was hardly the only favorite to cruise to the Round of 32 on Wednesday. Also racking up 100% of the vote in their opening-round matchups were Han Solo, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Maul, and Yoda.

Men in Black Region
"All too easy," remarked Vader upon dispatching of the Men in Black region's 16th-seeded Captain Phasma. "I can't believe that dude beat the Knight of Flowers in King Renly's melee." Vader will have a much more interesting matchup as he takes on 8th seeded Grand Admiral Thrawn in the second round. The Chiss military man who is smarter than the rest of the galaxy combined and made a perfect score on his SAT throttled Director Krennic 79.1%-20.9%.

#2 seed Sheev Palpatine, who recently died on-screen (again), set up a second-round matchup with 7th seeded General Grievous who overcame an early deficit to defeat Admiral Piett 62.8%-37.2%. Palpy sent the Grand Inquisitor home without a single vote.

The strong, silent type, 4th seeded Darth Maul showed 13th seeded Supreme Leader Snoke that the tournament has room for only one guy who gets bisected on screen. Maul will take on his successor as Darth Sidious's apprentice, Count Dooku, in Round 2. Dooku had about as hard of a time with General Hux (93%-7%) as Peter Rabbit does outwitting Hux in the Best Picture winning 2017 film Peter Rabbit.

Everyone's favorite angsty First Order leader and #3 seed Kylo Ren just missed his own blowout, whipping #14 Moff Gideon 97.7%-2.3%. Ren will put his angry lightsabering skills to the test against #6 Grand Moff Tarkin, who terminated #11 General Veers 85.7%-14.3% on Wednesday.

Rogues Gallery Region
Han Solo knew the odds of defeating Greedo in the first round before this thing even started: 100%. BFFEWHBMTDV (best friends forever except when he betrays me to Darth Vader) Lando Calrissian just missed his own total curb-stomping. The #2 seed crushed Greef "C'mon, Stallion!" Karga 97.7%-2.3%.

For his trouble Solo will face off against another bounty hunter, this one vastly more effective in the form of IG-11, who splattered Tobias Beckett's remains all over the 8-9 matchup with a convincing 76.2%-23.8% victory, ensuring the assassin droid did not have to activate his self-destruct protocol.
Lando will get his favorite kind of matchup, one with a younger lady. Artistic Mando cartoon characters Sabine Wren of Rebels fame pulled the second #10 over #7 upset of the first day with a 58.1%-41.9% defeat of blind kinda-has-the-Force monk Chirrut Imwe.

Third-seeded Boba Fett crushed pig-man and #14 seed Kuili 81.4%-18.6% to set up the best showdown of Round 2 against sixth-seeded The Mandalorian, who showed #11 Baze Malbus that this is the way out of the tournament with a 97.7%-2.3% win.

Jango Fett, the fourth seed, made it a family affair by throttling 13th seeded Bossk 69.8%-30.2%. Hopefully the second round won't be a hot-dog eating contest, because It Takes Two to Jango sizes up 5th-seeded Jabba the Hutt, who squashed Saw Gerrera 79.1% to 20.9%.

Beeps, Boops, and Yub-Nubs Bracket
No surprise that Yoda drowned Boss Nass in a battle of green swamp dwellers. The 900-year-old will face off against someone he can almost see eye-to-eye with, 8th seeded Wicket, who hammered hapless Jar Jar Binks 90.7%-9.3%. "Meesa so sad," Binks said at his conference. "The fans of TexAgs, they all bombad."

Some idiot voted for #15 Plo Koon over #2 Chewbacca, but the 250-year-old Wookiee still took 97.7% of the vote. In a regrettable post-game confrontation, Chewbacca used a racial slur against the Kel Dor Jedi Master, calling him and "ARGHARAHRHARHGAHRHARHAGAHGHAHRAHG". The win was easy, but it pits Chewie against none other than The Child himself, #7 Baby Yoda, who treated Maz Kanata like the Mud Horn with a 97.7%-2.3% win.

#3 R2D2 defeated #14 Ayala Secura 93%-7% to instigate a blood feud against longtime companion and secret lover C3PO. The 6th-seeded Golden Rod had a surprisingly easy time with 11th seeded Babu Frik, cruising to the 76.2%-23.8% win.

The final two matchups of the first round saw droids rule and Jedi get sent packing. 4th seeded BB8 wiped that smile off the face of #13 Kit Fisto 81.4%-18.6% while #5 K2SO crushed Ki Adi Mundi 95.3%-4.7%.
Voting for Round 2 starts within the hour.
I have spoken.

Round 2 Matchups
#1 Luke Skywalker vs. #9 Jyn Erso
#2 Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. #10 Admiral Ackbar
#3 Princess Leia vs. #6 Qui-Gon Jinn
#5 Rey vs. #13 Ahsoka Tano

#1 Han Solo vs. #9 IG-11
#2 Lando Calrissian vs. #10 Sabine Wren
#3 Boba Fett vs. #6 The Mandalorian
#4 Jango Fett vs. #5 Jabba the Hutt

#1 Darth Vader vs. #8 Grand Admiral Thrawn
#2 Sheev Palpatine vs. #7 General Grievous
#3 Kylo Ren vs. #6 Grand Moff Tarkin
#4 Darth Maul vs. #5 Count Dooku

#1 Yoda vs. #8 Wicket
#2 Chewbacca vs #7 The Child
#3 R2D2 vs. #6 C3PO
#4 BB8 vs. #5 K2SO

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Voting for the Round of 32 now open until 10 p.m. Thursday.

redline248
AG
I just realized...did I miss Ezra in the 1st round or did you leave him off?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
he didn't make my cut.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Kenobi, the #2 seed in the same bracket, quipped that "garnering votes" was not one of the ways that his troubled former student had surpassed him. Kenobi treated #15 Bail Organa much the same way Grand Moff Tarkin did during A New Hope, annihilating the 15th seed with 100% of the vote.
J182
AG
👽
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Early morning 2nd round update: Have almost as many votes already as yesterday's total.

4 of the 16 competitions are still at 100% towards the favorite.

The Sweet 16 is going to be fantastic no matter how it shakes out.

Think Game of Thrones will have to be my project for next week.

Urban Ag
AG
I'm the idiot that voted Cassian Andor over Luke and just now voted for Jyn Erso over Luke and would happily do so again.

Luke is an under sized, whiny, little beotch, that not unlike Rey, had everyone worth a sh** pulling his lame ass across the finish line. And Mark Hamill is, and has always been, a B actor at best.

Bring the hate. Bring it.
redline248
AG
Urban Ag said:

I'm the idiot that voted Cassian Andor over Luke and just now voted for Jyn Erso over Luke and would happily do so again.

Luke is an under sized, whiny, little beotch, that not unlike Rey, had everyone worth a sh** pulling his lame ass across the finish line. And Mark Hamill is, and has always been, a B actor at best.

Bring the hate. Bring it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Urban Ag said:

pulling his lame ass across the finish line.
Blew up the Death Star
Took down an AT-AT on foot
Killed the Rancor with a bone and a skull
Defeated Darth Vader in single combat

redline248
AG
Quote:

I have always thought it was a big ass rock...TIL...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

I have always thought it was a big ass rock...TIL...
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bidlo_Kwerve

That level of nerdom goes beyond anything I know, deep deep cut.
First Page Last Page
Page 910 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.