Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,973 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Urban Ag said:

/Muck
Hardest things in my life.

1) The time I missed a Star Wars question at Bullwinkle's in College Station on a trivia game.

2) Apologizing to Brian Earl Spillner on TexAgs

3) Waking up out of a coma to realize I had missed Rogue One's opening night. And Christmas. And my daughters' fourth birthday. And that I was missing a leg.

Hory shet
TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Farmer1906
AG
Maybe switch up the Halloween costume.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Then why...

The Collective
AG
Just a kiss between friends
Dro07
Flashdiaz
AG
he gave her the coronavirus because he's still a dick.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Pretty sure she kissed him so FInn would back off and give her some space.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Finn should've kissed Poe to do the same to Rose.
The Collective
AG
That reveal makes me think of this...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Finn should've kissed Poe to do the same to Rose.
Rose got the straight up Jar Jar treatment from Episode I to Episode II - first I'm in 33% of the movie, then I'm in 2 scenes.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Campea can be such a tool sometimes... but he's not wrong here. This whole thing is so incredibly ridiculous. It's somehow still shocking to me how incompetent the powers that be were in handling the sequel trilogy.
TCTTS
AG
In fact, TROS comes to Blu-ray later this month and I really don't want to buy it. I can't imagine ever watching it again. And yet... I have all eight other saga movies (along with Rogue One and Solo) on either Blu-ray or Blu-ray 4K, and the completist in me "needs" that ninth movie. If TROS was even halfway competent, I likely would have dropped the cash for the entire Blu-ray 4K set hitting this month. But now? I kind of just want to sell all my SW movies for whatever I can get (maybe $20 total, if that?) and then just watch the OT on Disney+, as those are the only movies I'll likely ever revisit again.
AliasMan02
AG
I'll watch again when it hits Disney+. There are parts that I really liked and wonder if it will have improved with me not dissecting it so much.

I'm also about to rewatch RotS in prep to pick up the last season of TCW and know that it DIDN'T really improve for me over time, so who knows...
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

In fact, TROS comes to Blu-ray later this month and I really don't want to buy it. I can't imagine ever watching it again. And yet... I have all eight other saga movies (along with Rogue One and Solo) on either Blu-ray or Blu-ray 4K, and the completist in me "needs" that ninth movie. If TROS was even halfway competent, I likely would have dropped the cash for the entire Blu-ray 4K set hitting this month. But now? I kind of just want to sell all my SW movies for whatever I can get (maybe $20 total, if that?) and then just watch the OT on Disney+, as those are the only movies I'll likely ever revisit again.

I will watch this at least once more on Disney. But, after that I'm with you. I doubt I'll ever watch the 7-9 ever again once I do that. I turned off TLJ about 20 minutes in on second watching of that.

R1 and OT are canon for me and that's it I think.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Just a kiss between friends
When the movie comes out on digital they're going to replace John Williams' score with Bonnie Raitt's "Let's Give Them Something to Talk About" for this scene.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Disney has bought in to "Subverting Expectations"

Ohhhh that kiss? Nah. It was just a kiss that didn't mean squat. No romance, just a kiss between two young people who have been connected by the Force... no big deal. Wait, did you think that Kylo and Rey were hot for each other? That's your mistake, not ours!
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
fig96
AG
I still really enjoy TFA. No, it's not perfect, but it was exactly the right film we needed at that point in time to get Star Wars back to being what it needed to be. I think it still could've served as a solid launching off point had there been some sort of overarching plan.

And honestly, I'll watch TLJ and TROS too (and I hated TLJ far less than many here), just for the action sequences if nothing else. Star Wars is still Star Wars to me, however flawed it may be.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Disney has bought in to "Subverting Expectations"

Ohhhh that kiss? Nah. It was just a kiss that didn't mean squat. No romance, just a kiss between two young people who have been connected by the Force... no big deal. Wait, did you think that Kylo and Rey were hot for each other? That's your mistake, not ours!
I know I'll get called the homer, but just because it says this stuff about Palps and the kiss in the novelization, you don't have to make it part of your personal belief system about the movie. When JK Rowling revealed Dumbledore was in loved with Grindlewald growing up, I didn't enjoy his character less because I didn't know he was gay until after the fact.
redline248
AG
I think the next time I read the HP books, I'll probably just forget about him being gay.

The difference, here, imo, is that watching the movie with the personal belief that they did share a romantic kiss doesn't make it any better. It's "wtf?" if you do, and "wtf?" if you don't.
The Collective
AG
The only good thing about the reveal is there is this whole corner of Star Wars fandom obsessed with Reylo, and I hope they are crying and bitter about this news.
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag
AG
Turns against his family

Murders his own father in cold blood

Casually watches the First Order obliterate whole planets, ending billions of lives

Still. Totally. Kissable.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Urban Ag said:

Turns against his family

Murders his own father in cold blood

Casually watches the First Order obliterate whole planets, ending billions of lives

Still. Totally. Kissable.
I've kissed worse
YouBet
AG
fig96 said:

I still really enjoy TFA. No, it's not perfect, but it was exactly the right film we needed at that point in time to get Star Wars back to being what it needed to be. I think it still could've served as a solid launching off point had there been some sort of overarching plan.

And honestly, I'll watch TLJ and TROS too (and I hated TLJ far less than many here), just for the action sequences if nothing else. Star Wars is still Star Wars to me, however flawed it may be.

Agree with bold.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TexAgs keeps pushing this political ad on my screen so I had to clean it up.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mark Effin Hamill

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/03/us/star-wars-bionic-arm-mark-hamill-trnd/index.html

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Literally impossible to dislike that man.
fig96
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://uproxx.com/movies/ben-affleck-adam-driver-sons-birthday-video/
Hagen95
AG
That's a really neat story.
First Page Last Page
Page 907 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.