Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,802 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Just trying to help him pass the time until Maverick comes out.

Should we tell him that it will disappoint him or just let him live the dream for a few more months?
fig96
AG
PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

It depends on your definition of "recover." Again, the franchise is here to stay, but I'm convinced we've already seen the height of Star Wars popularity and box office dominance.
Based purely on how they have handled the past 10 years, I agree. IF they have the courage/insight to change how they write/make future movies I would disagree.
I think the box office part may be accurate, but I'm curious to see if we start to see more and more of a shift to tv "franchises".

I think most of us agree that The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars we've seen in years, and if that trend continues in their other shows I think we could see the popularity continue but just down a different channel.
twilly
AG
On a lighter note....for those of you that have young kids, start saving up for Christmas now
Hasbro's Baby Yoda Animatronic Is Too Cute and Somehow Only $60

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Reading the Empire script, 1979.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Reading the Empire script, 1979.

Yes it's grainy. Yes she has a big sweater on. But damn she looks fine.
The Collective
AG
AliasMan02
AG
fig96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Among the many problems of TROS, that one is one of the worst offenders. It's so dumb.

Why go through that whole ordeal of 3PO saying an emotional goodbye to everyone, if it's just going to be reversed back just a few minutes later with a memory restore? So pointless.

And it would even be forgivable if not compounded by Chewie's death fakeout.

It's like the movie wants to hit us with these emotional moments, but not have them have actual, long-lasting repercussions. It's cheap as ****.

But at least it gave us Babu Frick, who may have been the best part of that film.

D-0 was the best part.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Among the many problems of TROS, that one is one of the worst offenders. It's so dumb.

Why go through that whole ordeal of 3PO saying an emotional goodbye to everyone, if it's just going to be reversed back just a few minutes later with a memory restore? So pointless.

And it would even be forgivable if not compounded by Chewie's death fakeout.

It's like the movie wants to hit us with these emotional moments, but not have them have actual, long-lasting repercussions. It's cheap as ****.

Personally, I think the Chewie fakeout is fine, because there was a real chance that they actually did kill him off because they killed Han. However, when you add the 3PO good bye fakeout, they are both cheapened.

They also screwed up the most when they put "one last look at my friends" in all the trailers/previews. That scene should have caught us all off guard.
Saxsoon
AG
PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

Yes, I know. I never said the park changed. I said that TROS killed my interest in the park. I've obviously never been, but literally every piece of marketing and online content I've seen of the park has to do with the sequel trilogy. It's Rey, Kylo, and The First Order walking around and interacting with fans. It's set on a planet not featured in the OT. My point is that I have no desire to revisit anything to do with the sequel trilogy after TROS. And the question Aggie_Journalist asked had to do with hypothetically converting the park to a clearly recognizable OT setting with OT characters. So I answered that question.

What is it with the last few responses to my posts just completely misinterpreting what I'm saying?
Im with you 100%
I went to disney world in the 90s, and going on Star Tours was a blast. If they made a park that set primarily at Original Trilogy locations, id be much more interested than a park that is primarily set in the new locations/characters.
The park isn't based on the new movies but just an original location entirely.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm actually kind of afraid to watch it again, because I feel like it'll fall apart even more for me.

The more I've thought about it, the more I dislike it.
For me at least it got better, especially the more frenetic first part.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hope this is the case. I did really enjoy a lot in this movie, especially the Rey vs Kylo duel.
bluefire579
AG
Happy Clone Wars day everyone!
Urban Ag
AG
Saxsoon said:

PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

Yes, I know. I never said the park changed. I said that TROS killed my interest in the park. I've obviously never been, but literally every piece of marketing and online content I've seen of the park has to do with the sequel trilogy. It's Rey, Kylo, and The First Order walking around and interacting with fans. It's set on a planet not featured in the OT. My point is that I have no desire to revisit anything to do with the sequel trilogy after TROS. And the question Aggie_Journalist asked had to do with hypothetically converting the park to a clearly recognizable OT setting with OT characters. So I answered that question.

What is it with the last few responses to my posts just completely misinterpreting what I'm saying?
Im with you 100%
I went to disney world in the 90s, and going on Star Tours was a blast. If they made a park that set primarily at Original Trilogy locations, id be much more interested than a park that is primarily set in the new locations/characters.
The park isn't based on the new movies but just an original location entirely.
It's pretty much based on the new movies.

All the characters walking around are in the new movies.
Rise of the Resistance
Kylo's shuttle stage
First Order Troopers are the most prominent characters
Rey walks around the Falcon outside Smuggler's Run
Poe's X-Wing

It's a new world/location but the theme is definitely set in the sequel trilogy.
The Collective
AG
bluefire579 said:

Happy Clone Wars day everyone!

tk for tu juan
fig96
AG
Saxsoon said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm actually kind of afraid to watch it again, because I feel like it'll fall apart even more for me.

The more I've thought about it, the more I dislike it.
For me at least it got better, especially the more frenetic first part.
I felt the same way, had a work viewing on opening day then went over opening weekend with the wife. The pace in the first third definitely seems to slow down on a second viewing, but that may be because you know it's coming.

I didn't dislike the film, there's some great moments and more than a bit of fan service. But it definitely wasn't the fantastic closing chapter I was hoping for.
redline248
AG
For now I'm starting off the clone wars thread because I haven't watched the episode, yet, but this just occurred to me.

Yoda and R2 hung out quite a bit in the clone wars, and then Luke goes to Dagaboh and R2 treats him like a bum in the streets.

Side note: Mark Hamill voiced Darth Bane in the final episode of season 6.
Dro07
AG
It's both yoda and r2 plan. They want Luke focused and not asking a million questions on how they know each other.
Flashdiaz
AG
I talk at my Alexa daily... I bet if you show me it again in 30 years i'm not going to go all nostalgic over it.
MGS
dromo07 said:

It's both yoda and r2 plan. They want Luke focused and not asking a million questions on how they know each other.
R2 could have at least given Luke a heads up before he made an ass of himself on Dagobah when they first met Yoda.
redline248
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I talk at my Alexa daily... I bet if you show me it again in 30 years i'm not going to go all nostalgic over it.

Not worried about Yoda remembering, or not, since his whole plan was to act dumb and see what Luke would do. Maybe he had a secret code telling R2 to be cool.
redline248
AG
Oh I know, when R2 got swallowed by that swamp fish it was really Yoda saying "hey act surprised when I come find y'all. Gonna f with Luke."
TCTTS
AG

https://deadline.com/2020/02/star-wars-new-movie-j-d-dillard-matt-owen-writing-1202865844/
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
I wonder how many ancient Sith worlds there are in canon, now. Exegol from the movie, Moraband from Clone Wars...there was one or two in the kotor games I'm forgetting. One was around back in the 90s...

Random thoughts
Malachi Constant
AG
redline248 said:

I wonder how many ancient Sith worlds there are in canon, now. Exegol from the movie, Moraband from Clone Wars...there was one or two in the kotor games I'm forgetting. One was around back in the 90s...

Random thoughts

Korriban in KOTOR
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
High time we cast the KOTOR movie. Clancy brown as canderous and james Marsden as whiny carth onasi
bluefire579
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

High time we cast the KOTOR movie. Clancy brown as canderous and james Marsden as whiny carth onasi
If you didn't want to talk about it, stop bringing it up in the first place, Carth
Quad Dog
AG
Daisy Ridley as Bastilla!
YouBet
AG
twilly said:

On a lighter note....for those of you that have young kids, start saving up for Christmas now
Hasbro's Baby Yoda Animatronic Is Too Cute and Somehow Only $60

Or a mid 40's wife who is obsessed.
Malachi Constant
AG
Quad Dog said:

Daisy Ridley as Bastilla!

Emily Blunt IMO

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mark Strong as Darth Malak?

Sam Jackson would be an ideal Jolee Bindo, but that would be confusing.

De-aged Danny Devito as Calo Nord?

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My brother sent me this picture on his way to work today. Hoth Refrigeration.

The Collective
AG
Kind of pisses me off that I don't own this organization.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Kind of pisses me off that I don't own this organization.
I wanted him to drive by and yell in their window 'YOUR TAUNTAUN WILL FREEZE BEFORE YOU MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST MARKER!" but alas, he missed his chance.
First Page Last Page
Page 903 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.