Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,931 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
PaulSimonsGhost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Filoni. Favreau. They get it.

I wound come crawling back to Star Wars for these guys.

Just get the gawddam script right.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I see you're feeling it... the pull to the light.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I see you're feeling it... the pull to the light.

At the end of the day I still want to ride shotgun in the Falcon with a Wookie.

Steve McQueen
redline248
AG
Wouldn't a script need to be pretty much be done for a '22 movie?

Also, any word on if future movies will continue the episode numbering? I would guess not, since those are the saga and is allegedly wrapping up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nope, no chance. Hell, they've practically done away with episode numbers even on the the sequel trilogy. (Which still bugs me on the blu-rays. They go I-VI, and then....no numbers.)
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

A December 2022 movie would start shooting late summer 2021-ish. Which means another year and a half or so to finish a script and complete pre-production, which is more than doable.
tk for tu juan
They are going to rewrite the script during reshoots anyways, plenty of time
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
redline248 said:

Also, any word on if future movies will continue the episode numbering? I would guess not, since those are the saga and is allegedly wrapping up.

Aliens 3 was into shooting w/o a finished script and depending who you believe Star Wars pt. 9 had rewrites as late as summer '19.

When you know the franchise will sell and you know you want to make million$ of dollars a lot of people will move ahead with a project w/o a script.

They usually still get their money despite making a sucky movie, so the business model still holds.

(Actually it Didn't hold up too well for Terminator 6).

Steve McQueen
Flashdiaz
AG
Disney + has the episode numbers I - VII . If they were trying to go away from it for the Palpatine trilogy they would have done so on their digital platform.

What will they do when they put out a new trilogy... will those be 1-3, roman numeral or something really cool I don't even know about?
redline248
AG
Greek alphabet
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02
AG
I have a new mission in life on Twitter and Facebook. I think it's a legitimately great idea. Y'all should help. I mean, for those watching The Mandalorian, but aren't devotees of things like The Clone Wars, might you give it a chance if you could just click "play" on a playlist that ran through the handful of episodes of TCW and Rebels that dealt specifically with Mandalore? Or fans of Rogue One, might you be interested in the handful of Saw Gerrera episodes to learn more about his backstory?

Disney+ Star Wars, fans, please consider doing the following:

Go to your profile and click "help" and then the "Give Feedback" button. Select "Suggest a new feature" from the pull-down menu. In the box below, input the following text:

For Star Wars animation, provide curated lists of episodes that deal in particular subjects or characters. For example, offer an option to watch just the episodes dealing with Mandalore, or watch all of the Darth Maul arc, or all of the episodes in which Hondo appears.

Also, provide an option to watch The Clone Wars in chronological order.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Would be cool. A friend's been pushing me to watch it and sent me this.

DB Coach
AG
Good idea...done!
DB Coach
AG
That's between 38 and 71 episodes, depending on how much of the "honorable mentions" you choose to watch.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is this saying that all of S2 and S4 are skippable?

Nvm, got it. Key is confusing.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Quad Dog
AG
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this quote.
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/lucasfilm-president-kathleen-kennedy-interview-rise-skywalker-future-star-wars-912393/
Quote:

Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There's no source material. We don't have comic books. We don't have 800-page novels. We don't have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be

I've never read a single Star Wars book or comic and even I know how dumb that is. Besides they made a pretty decent movie series based on a theme park ride, I think they could figure something out.
JCRiley09
AG
Is the context of that quote negative?

I think they are highlighting the strength of their storytelling, not complaining about anything.
AliasMan02
AG
The incels have jumped hard on that quote, which couldn't have been more acceptable. KK simultaneously has the best job and worst job in the world. If she saved a kitten from the middle of traffic, JFF style, her hate squad would rip her for it.
Duncan Idaho
AliasMan02 said:

The incels have jumped hard on that quote, which couldn't have been more acceptable. KK simultaneously has the best job and worst job in the world. If she saved a kitten from the middle of traffic, JFF style, her hate squad would rip her for it.

I would hope so....just imagine how bad her running in to traffic to save a damn kitten would have screwed up the commute for all of those people just trying to get home from work...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

And with that, John Williams has completed scoring the Skywalker saga. The last time we'll get a new John Williams Star Wars score...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Disney testing two "SUV-sized" X-Wing drones for a special event at Galaxy's Edge.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Disney_Testing_XWing_Drones_The_Size_Of_SUVs_For_Galaxys_Edge_185734.asp
Duncan Idaho
Is this too much for a secret santa.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/le-creuset-star-wars-han-solo-roaster/
Rex Racer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And with that, John Williams has completed scoring the Skywalker saga. The last time we'll get a new John Williams Star Wars score...
This man is more responsible for the success of Star Wars than anyone other than George Lucas himself. And I think even that is arguable!
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
In an interview with Abrams published today, as coy as his answer is, this at least me hope that Snoke will be addressed again, even if in some small way...

Quote:

By the end of this movie will we have a better sense of who Snoke was? Or is that another story for another time?

I will say, without giving anything away, knowing this movie is an ending is, for me infinitely more challenging than a beginning. We knew we needed to provide answers. And while there may be some things that aren't entirely demystified by the end of it, we wanted to make sure people left feeling that they were satisfied. So I hope, on a number of issues, people will leave and feel like that it's a true ending and not an advertising ploy. We really are bringing it to an end.
https://uproxx.com/movies/jj-abrams-interview-the-rise-of-skywalker-star-wars/2/
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Saul Goodman
AG
It's weird - I love hearing JJ talk about the prequels. As much as I was disappointed with Ep 1-3, it's nice to hear him acknowledge and talk about them. Gives me hope that he found a satisfying way to tie them in.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. I get the same feeling.
AliasMan02
AG
Holy hell read this thread on the Y-Wing's history!

redline248
AG
This image was in one of the replies to that thread. So much for "she's the fastest ship in the fleet..."

edit: maybe it's just due to maneuverability, but the Falcon always seemed better at handling twists and turns than any TIE
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duel. Of. The. Fates.

Needs to happen!
First Page Last Page
Page 878 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.