Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,278 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by The Porkchop Express
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Are we actually at the point where we're comparing The Last Jedi to Batman Forever / & Robin?
Peak Star Wars offseason.
TCTTS
AG
Would you want to deal with us?
TCTTS
AG
Finally, at least a hint of what this trilogy was going to be about, which I admit does sound pretty cool. I hope someone else picks up the torch and continues down this road...

https://variety.com/2019/film/features/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-david-benioff-db-weiss-1203388611/

Quote:

Benioff and Weiss had ambitious plans to take the "Star Wars" universe in a new direction, one that would exist apart from the Skywalker family saga that comprised the franchise's centerpiece nine-film series. The "Star Wars" period the pair was interested in exploring was how the Jedi came to exist. However, Lucasfilm executives and the creators begin to see their visions for the films diverge during meetings last summer.
Quote:

Sources at the studio insist that Kennedy's job is secure despite the churn of filmmaking talent, but insiders at the talent agencies believe that top filmmakers may become wary of working on the series, particularly if the end result will be an embarrassing dismissal. "Star Wars" fans did receive some welcome news when it was revealed the Kevin Feige, the executive credited with guiding the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will work on a standalone "Star Wars" film. That led to speculation that Feige might be brought in to stabilize Lucasfilm, but insiders say that there are no plans to give him a larger role in that division.
exitone
AG
Yep, Kennedy sure is getting a bad rep. Rightly so.
Feige is slowly being inserted into things and will take over. Game of Thrones man, Game of Thrones.
redline248
AG
TCTTS with the cameo in Stewade's shop class
TCTTS
AG
Only after a long and drawn out negotiation process. We were finally able to agree on terms, though. I just had to make sure they knew I was prepared to walk, Red Lobster gift certificate be damned. They can say what they will about my agent, but he earned that Langostino lobster-artichoke-and-seafood dip.
Sex Panther
AG
redline248 said:

TCTTS with the cameo in Stewade's shop class

This was great
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
His last point is a big reason why Luke should have had a kid in these new movies. Rebooting is dumb, imo
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Yet another reason why TPM is the "best" of the prequels.
redline248
AG
Is Bezos Viceroy Gunray in this scenario? Who is the Sith in the shadows - George Soros?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure, but Chancellor Valorum is definitely Trump.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not sure, but Chancellor Valorum is definitely Trump.
If you asked any D voter, he'd be the Sith (literally Hitler)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's too easy a comparison. Valorum was weak and ineffectual.
redline248
AG
Which is like Jimmy Carter
Flashdiaz
AG
I met Day-Z once and this is how it started:

The Collective
AG
Valorum seemed way too meek and quiet to be Trump.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
There's no one in SW universe like Trump: both a crude troll and an effective executive.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is too adorable.

https://v.redd.it/dc95ipsv2vw31
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

There's no one in SW universe like Trump: both a crude troll and an effective executive.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He's like Trump in that both are just tools.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The closest I could think of would be Price Isolder of the Hapes Consortium (EU). Arrogant but capable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

capable
of what?
TCTTS
AG

https://www.slashfilm.com/history-of-palpatine/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
New Star Wars discussion show on youtube started today. (By ex-Collider pundits Campea and Harloff)

Saxsoon
AG
Binge Mode from the ringer is doing an amazinf recap of every movie right now. The prequels are straight comedy gold
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

capable
of what?

Oh I don't know...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/11/05/us-futures-point-to-higher-open-ahead-of-key-economic-data.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-touts-border-wall-progress-optimistic-after-recent-court-victories

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/flashback-how-us-backed-kurds-defeated-isis-in-kobani-syria/

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-isis-intl-hnk/index.html
The Collective
AG
This thread is dangerously close to becoming political. Can we all just move on?
SpreadsheetAg
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I wish I had time for an star wars website to just lay things out like this. Really need to win the lotto.
Ag Since 83
AG
Anyone else get the new Resistance Reborn book? I'm five chapters in and it's nice to get some info on the aftermath of VIII. They seem to be setting up how at least some familiar faces enter back into the picture, so they might already be involved at the beginning of IX
The Collective
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
99% sure i'm reading too much of it but 'go to a remote planet to look for the GHOST of Jedi Master Yoda' ?

Old Ben told Luke to go find Yoda (not his ghost). Maybe Luke tells Rey to go to Degobah in search of ghost Yoda but instead finds the cave and has visions.
First Page Last Page
Page 873 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.