Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,700 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

As I searched the topic on twitter, I came across this heaping pile of trash.

This person should have his twitter revoked. Jesus Christ.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
there's exactly 1 scene in 1 movie where Vader says they're behind schedule about the death star.
TCTTS
AG
I knew you'd find some way to gripe about this.
redline248
AG
I mean, it's funny but not accurate
redline248
AG
Vader spends all of Empire killing officers for their military blunders
Farmer1906
AG
Pointing out a fact is griping?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Vader is the ultimate micro manager.
TCTTS
AG
In any other scenario, no. I just have to roll my eyes at Muck's need to always play Protector of All Thing Star Wars. It's fun to laugh at it every so often, even if that laugh is based on an exaggeration.
redline248
AG
Is tctts JJ or Rian?
TXAG 05
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Favorite non OT movie is easy: Rogue One.

Solo would be 2nd.

This.

I feel like TFA is on tv a bunch and rarely have any desire to ever watch it, where if I come across one of the OT, I'm watching til the end. TFA started strong and had so much potential, but just came up short.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

In any other scenario, no. I just have to roll my eyes at Muck's need to always play Protector of All Thing Star Wars. It's fun to laugh at it every so often, even if that laugh is based on an exaggeration.

I wont say what my title is for you.
TCTTS
AG
I'm well aware of your opinion and have plenty of guesses.
redline248
AG
It's too bad George Lucas didn't employ a Protector of all things Star Wars. Prequels would have been better and he would have demanded Disney have a put together story before selling to them
Ag Since 83
AG
Wait, Muck is Pablo Hidalgo?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm well aware of your opinion and have plenty of guesses.

I was going to say "Friend"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Would do that job for free
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Currently watching. I like to rewatch this every few years.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think Ralph McQuarrie's contribution to the saga is often overlooked. He might be second behind John Williams. (Not counting Lucas obviously.)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I have an amazing set of mcquarrie lithographs that was put out to hype empire that I bought at the giant bookstore in Portland years ago.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Speaking of rankings, here is the ranking by runtime shortest to longest:

A New Hope 121 minutes
The Empire Strikes Back 124 minutes
Return of the Jedi 131 minutes
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 133 minutes
Solo: A Star Wars Story 135 minutes
The Phantom Menace 136 minutes
The Force Awakens 138 minutes
Revenge of the Sith 140 minutes
Attack of the Clones 142 minutes
The Last Jedi 152 minutes

Interesting trend.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Always wondered how Anakin was able to become a force ghost, an ability he never explicitly learned.

This is from The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader...

Quote:

Closing his eyes as he slumped back against the shuttle ramp, Anakin Skywalker had every reason to believe that he was finally about to embrace perpetual darkness.

Not for the first time, he was wrong.

EPILOGUE

Initially, there was darkness for Anakin Skywalker, a boundless shadowy realm, like a universe without stars. But then, from somewhere at the edge of his awareness, he perceived a distant, shimmering light, then heard a voice say, Anakin.

The voice was familiar.

Although Anakin no longer had a body or a mouth with which to speak, he somehow answered, Obi-Wan? Master, I'm so sorry. So very, very-

Anakin, listen carefully, Obi-Wan interrupted, and Anakin was aware that the distant light was either growing brighter or closer, or perhaps both. You are in the netherworld of the Force, but if you ever wish to revisit corporeal space, then I still have one thing left to teach you. A way to become one with the Force. If you choose this path to immortality, then you must listen now, before your consciousness fades.

Knowing he was beyond redemption, Anakin said, But, Master... why me?

Because you ended the horror, Anakin, Obi-Wan said. Because you fulfilled the prophecy.

The light was very bright now.

Anakin's first thought was that he might be able to see his children again. He said, Thank you, Master.

Taking the Imperial shuttle, Luke Skywalker had escaped with his father's remains from the Death Star only a moment before the battle station exploded. After landing on the Sanctuary Moon, Luke prepared a very private funeral in a forest clearing.

Night had fallen by the time Luke placed Anakin Skywalker's armor-clad body atop a pile of gathered wood. As he ignited the pyre, Luke said, "I burn his armor and with it the name of Darth Vader. May the name of Anakin Skywalker be a light that guides the Jedi for generations to come."

Luke was unaware of the spirits who watched him from the shadows of the lambent woods. But later, when he rejoined his allies for their victory celebration in the treetop village that was home to the Ewoks, Luke saw three shimmering apparitions materialize in the darkness. They were Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda... and his father, Anakin Skywalker.

The Jedi had returned.
YouBet
AG
Did I just see Lando in The Mandalorian ad? Did we know that?
TCTTS
AG
This will not end well for you...
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

I drank a lot since I first watched it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This reminds me of the interviewer who asked Samuel L Jackson about The Matrix.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Continuing this line of thought...

Quote:

QUI -GON: (V.O.) Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.

YODA: Eternal consciousness.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

(Revenge of the Sith script)

Yoda did not move. "Eternal life "

The ultimate goal of the Sith, yet they can never achieve it; it comes only by the release of self, not the exaltation of self. It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness.

("Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith", novelization by Matthew Stover)

Unless this is no longer canon, it seems we can rule out Palpatine as any kind of force ghost entity in TROS. He must have a physical form.
TCTTS
Liquid Wrench
Any of you nerds get the Legos catalog in the mail today?

I'd like to see pictures if anyone buys and assembles the $700 Star Destroyer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have no doubt that Muck will accomplish this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
God, I would love to see LSO in person.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

GD it. That was Carl Weathers. The more embarrassing thing about this?

My wife said thing damn thing during the first time we saw the trailer and I made fun of her then.

And then I turn around and do it.
redline248
AG
The novelization *should* still be canon, but Rise and Fall isn't. However, with Disney there is no telling what they will do with Palpatine.

As far as Sith coming back, the best canon material we have is from the final unaired season of Clone Wars, when Yoda is on his mission to learn about being a force ghost.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 866 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.